IGNORED

Peacock

bucksred

A spot of bench warming is in order, and give Leroy & Miller a chance!!

Yes Peacock worked (again), and as the No 9 should have (And didnt- again) scored, as our No1 favored striker.

Give someone else a go. And he definitely aint worth a new contract as a No 9!!!

Even Tin Man was benched for a while tonight, and it showed when he came on, we actually looked capable of scoring.

Discuss, and no I don't now, ever did, or ever will rate him, he's worth 50,000 max, not 600,000, we were ripped off. :rolleyes:

Blip, Blip, he keeps doing this, a quck burst of goals, to get us off his case, and the club in the hunt again, and then hes off again. IF we go up, there aint no way this bloke should be here then. Notice Cureton got 2 goals tonight, er we didnt want him! Why the ##** not, he would be more use than Bloody Leapy- remind me, how many strikers have QPR got- Judas, Cureton, Rowlands, two in double figures, and how many has Cureton?How many of ours are? How many play every match all game?

Judas aint even played regularly for either Luton, or QPR, but es got more goals than Leapy. Lack of goals will ##** up promotion for us. We gotta sort this before its too late.

I hope to hell I'm wrong and this bloke turns into a superstar (I aint going to hold my breath). If we struggle on Saturday, we are back in the chasin pack, not bloody leading it, and the heads wil go down again. The support was there again too.

Peacock has scored 14 so far this and will more than likely finish with around 20 for the season. In addition to this, think about all the hard work he does chasing long balls lumped down channels, closing defenders down etc.. Given all that, seems like one of our best players to me.

Could someone explain to me why this bloke deserves all the slaggings off he gets on this forum?

Obviously, he should be dropped for Leroy. You're having a laugh aren't you?

I would like to see Roberts playing upfront for the reserves instead of Marvin who should be out on the right. Why is Roberts only being considered for the right midfield berth even at this level?

This way, we can have a new strike partnership ready to bring on; imagine the average defender. After facing an aerial battle for an hour, they're suddenly hit by pace with 2 players who are used to playing together.

It'll be a massacre :rolleyes:

Or, we can just try the most promising strike partnership I have seen this season of Miller and Roberts with Lita and Peacock waiting in the wings?

think about all the hard work he does chasing long balls lumped down channels, closing defenders down etc..
Agreed. Peacock works his socks off every match. He holds the ball up superbly well for support to get forward, and has anyone noticed how often it's Peacock clearing dead balls out of our area? Maybe not the place he should be granted, but better than noone clearing them. We'd give the ball away a lot more if it wasn't for Peacock playing. He also scores fairly regulary, about 1 every 2 games so I don't think you can knock him too much for his goalscoring record. Lita's not ready to start yet from what I've seen of him so far.

Generally support Peacock and think he is better than many posts on here seem to suggest. But is going through a bad patch at the moment, so why not rest him, give him some competition, make him realise he is not guaranteed a place. Might make him hungry when he does come on!

Give Roberts a go up front - if it doesn't work you can always bring Peacock on to prove a point!

Fact: We should have beaten Wycombe last night.

Fact: Who is asking for Wilson to be kicked out? I aint mentioned this at all, and I'm not aware of anyone else doing so.

Fact: Peacock aint scored in 7, and he admitted he hadnt in 6 on BCFC world yesterday.

Fact: I've never queried Leapys work rate, but he is a STRIKER, and his work rate dont prove jack, if he aint scoring.

Fact: QPR, and Plymuff have 2 strikers each in double figures, we aint.

Fact: We aint battered many sides in our run, due to this less than effective strike force.

Fact: Leapy is the No1 and most experienced striker, he should be showing the lesser lights how to do it, and if he aint getting the service, showing them how to give him, and his various strike partners. He is also one of the senior pros, and Tins apart gets more games than anyone else, even Tins got dropped last night.

Fact: You cant really argue with the QPR/Plymuff posts about us, cos we dont seem able to kill a game stone dead, once we take the lead, can we. The team as awhole is playing well, but lack of goals puts pressure on everyone.

Final one for DW, if you dont rate Robbo, Matthews, Marvin, at all, and dont reckon Leroy, and Miller are quite up to it, as shown by the way the teams have been picked, transfer list them all, and use the money (minimum 250,000 ish)to get a striker(s) that you think will do the business. This then kills all our arguments stone dead, and should get us promotion. Offer Leapy his contract, which should then encourage him to end this barren run of his, or transfer list him.

City are good enough to go up, but we need a striker who will get regular goals. If we dont we may just be stuck in this ###### division another year, with concequences mentioned by the board, which means good players leaving/being sold and we being left with the less impressive players.

Final thought, as Leapy is out of contract in the summer, you would think that a club would be coming in for him if he was as good as people say. Anyone done so?

Guest Lockerman

I totally agree that Peacock is a workhorse, but so is Miller and it seems to me as though no matter what Peacock does it is aways Miller that is replaced, and is never given a chance to play upfront with Lita.

A Workhorse is good but we need a finisher and at the moment Peacock is not a finisher, you all say that he has got fourteen goals he should have well over twenty by now with the chances that he has spurned.

I am sorry to all the Peacock lovers including Mr Wilson but I feel he needs a rest, we need a clinical finisher to work with Miller and at present Roberts just ain't good enough, Lita is not ready,he is getting there but he is not ready.

So it leaves us with a problem, do we go out and try and borrow a experinced finisher someone perhaps coming to the end of their career, or shall we continue with what we have and stay as we are and hope and pray that it is enough.

The problem I see it is that Miller and Peacock are too similar, there's no variety. You need to start with one Lee and one of Roberts or Lita. Then you can sub one Lee for another and Roberts/Lita for each other.

You need options and that means variety. With two similar forwards you have less variety and fewer options, other than the hopeful long punt upfield.

What rubbish,peacock was one of a better players tonight in a poor display.Where it all went wrong was midfield,despite his goal Goodfellow was awful tonight,backed out of tackles,used his one trick pony skil;l of cutting in every time (to good affect poss twice in the second half),but we had no Right side all first half and most of the second.Did you notice how the doc and wilkshire looked saw him in space and then decided to go left to brown.Also i said it yesterday-don't drop the tinman,we only looked likely after he came on.Peacock bashers,he was not the problem last night-other Dw selections were far more at fault.

For what is worth i also think Peacock could do with a rest. Theres no disgrace to be benched, even Tins was last night.

Failing that put Lee Pea on the wing, he proved he could run with the ball last night! If Roberts has been tried there why not Lee Pea and put roberts up front with Miller. Bring Lita on for who tires first....or am I living in cloud cuckoo land

Edited by RedM

Guest Bootylicious

Peacock was rubbish again last night.

Id start with Miller/Roberts.

Fail to see why everyone is calling for Leroy to start. He does nothing in the time he gets on the pitch to suggest he should warrant a start. Banging goals in for the reserves is slightly different to banging them in at div 2 level.

I totally agree that Peacock is a workhorse, but so is Miller and it seems to me as though no matter what Peacock does it is aways Miller that is replaced, and is never given a chance to play upfront with Lita.

Another type of workhorse is a 'mule' or 'donkey' etc. We don't need too many mules/donkeys upfront we need thoroughbred strikers up front to bang home all the chances that Peacock and Miller can't convert.

Up the City

Another type of workhorse is a 'mule' or 'donkey' etc. We don't need too many mules/donkeys upfront we need thoroughbred strikers up front to bang home all the chances that Peacock and Miller can't convert.

Up the City

yeah i agree to a point but what i can see peacock is over working

ie: going to the wing to get the ball to much when we have sod all

coming down the flanks for him and miller, we can see millers strong

point is his heading so why are we not getting decent balls in on

to his head or take a leaf out of peterborough and sheffield wednesday

who could clearly see we struggled to cope with the long throw in's, if

we have 2 big men upfront then we have to start to play to their strenghs

and get the ball in on their heads more, i can understand our ground play

if we were playing roberts and lita but as i've said peacock has come

far to much to the wings to get the ball, why oh why don't we

play goodfellow on the left and roberts on the right :D

i'm sorry a.brown is just to inconsistant :rolleyes:

Edited by cider head

yeah i agree to a point but what i can see peacock is over working

ie: going to the wing to get the ball to much when we have sod all

coming down the flanks for him and miller, we can see millers strong

point is his heading so why are we not getting decent balls in on

to his head or take a leaf out of peterborough and sheffield wednesday

who could clearly see we struggled to cope with the long throw in's, if

we have 2 big men upfront then we have to start to play to their strenghs

and get the ball in on their heads more, i can understand our ground play

if we were playing roberts and lita but as i've said peacock has come

far to much to the wings to get the ball, why oh why don't we

play goodfellow on the left and roberts on the right  ;)

i'm sorry a.brown is just to inconsistant  :D

At the end of the day our defence has improved immensely this season but loads of chances are going begging up front with no one able to convert a better percentage of them. :rolleyes: Don't know what went wrong exactly last night against Wycombe as I wasn't there to see it. Aagainst Sheffield Wednesday Lita and Goodfellow should of been brought on to menace their defence so 3 points lost up there and 2 last night. :D We just can't afford to drop any more points.