IGNORED

Trundle

havanatopia

To me he still seems to be adjusting to life in the Championship and still may not be at his full fitness yet. He is having the odd chance however he is playing like a target striker where the ball gets played to him and he will lay it on to some one else.

When he is on the pitch I feel confident that we always have a chance. Be it as creator or as goalscorer.

To me he still seems to be adjusting to life in the Championship and still may not be at his full fitness yet. He is having the odd chance however he is playing like a target striker where the ball gets played to him and he will lay it on to some one else.

When he is on the pitch I feel confident that we always have a chance. Be it as creator or as goalscorer.

Spot on post!

Ive heard a few people saying he was a waste of money and it annoys me a little. He is getting fitter and sharper all the time, and looks so strong on the ball at times. Great first touch and always looks capable of producing a flick or a pass which will lead to a goal scoring opportunity.

I always said that we would be lucky to get 12 goals out of Trundle this year, but he brings a lot more to the team then goals.

I still think it was a good signing, even though £1m may be a tad pricey.....but hey, if you got a £1m.....you spend it on what we need

I'm sure people will disagree but i think he has been poor so far this season, especially seeing we paid £1m for him, although i guess it wasnt his fault the money we agreed to play.

there have been little moments of what he is about and had a decent game against scunny, but i still expected more from him. maybe i was expecting to much?

sure he will come good though

He's being heavily marked and that is good news for a second striker, often the opposition have two defenders around him, he loses the ball a few times but who wouldnt with that sort of attention. A definate plus to the side, he gives us a real chance in games, because managers and defenders are scared of what he can do.

This post is laughable!

On one post you have got it that LJ can not hack it in the Championship, but when LT23 is struggling with the transition its ok because its Lee Trundle!

It goes to show people on here like to get on Lee Johnsons back because he is the managers son, plain and simple!

Edited by Belfastcityfan

From the start i questioned the price we payed the lad has some great flicks and control and yea against scunny scored two blinders. But for me the jury is still out on wether he will hack it at this level, for me pace seems to worry defenders in this division more than the odd wonder goal and pace LT don't have. Will he come good? only time will tell i hope so because i actually rate the guy but i think hes learning all the time and as someone posted above we're not really playing to his strengths so i personally would give him another half dozen games to find his fitness and his form and if not then wow what a sub we'd have with a point to prove for the last twenty of games with his un doubted ability to change and scare the opposition. Come on LT prove me wrong!!!!!

Having only seen snippets of him previous to him joining City, I did actually think he wasn't fit or interested after watching the first game of the season. I have since realised that this is his style, ie playing balls into the channels, such as we were doing on Tuesday night when we seemed to run out of ideas midway through the second half, just won't work. He is obviously most dangerous when the ball is at his feet, when he can turn and trick his way past defenders. The main question is, can City afford to have someone like him up front - when he's on form, such as S****horpe, he'll win games, but in the dark months of winter he may just go missing slightly, at the time when we need everyone giving 110% for the cause. I'll reserve judgement until then, though, and some of the stuff he can do is certainly worth the entrance fee.

I believe his main effect is "it's not what he does, it's what he might be about to do."

so yes it may not bring us 30 goals, but have you noticed every time he gets the ball 2 defenders rush onto him - this often opens up space for the midfield moving up. the Soccer Am fame will mean he is well known to every team we play as a potential danger to be watched carefully

for example that shimmy and nutmeg through 2 defenders on Tuesday was just class. and his first touch is incredible.

I believe his main effect is "it's not what he does, it's what he might be about to do."

so yes it may not bring us 30 goals, but have you noticed every time he gets the ball 2 defenders rush onto him - this often opens up space for the midfield moving up. the Soccer Am fame will mean he is well known to every team we play as a potential danger to be watched carefully

for example that shimmy and nutmeg through 2 defenders on Tuesday was just class. and his first touch is incredible.

But is that good enough, I don't think so TBH

Hi Pete.

Your profile name Belfastcityfan (don't take this as being rude mate) do you actually manage to get yerselve down to the Gate?

Only reason i ask, is if you see the guy, he has so much presence, skill, and clever trickery, you would see it would be hard to leave him on the bench.

He really will get even better within time, after all its his first season to at this level, and up to now I'm happy with the guy,s effort and performance.

Before every kick off, he rally,s the fans, and is great to see.

Still reckon he will knock in 15 goals this season, and even a hatrick as well.

Once him and Byfield start getting their partnership working, we really will have a class forward line.

Bring the championship on i say!!!!!!!

OK, replace him with Enoch or Jevons for our first 6 games. Would we be where we are in the league right now......NO!

Bristol City as a team are largely an unknown quantity in this league (although i suspect that's rapidly changing! :winner_third_h4h: ) with the exception of Trundle. Every other team/manager knows of his ability and what he is capable of, and no doubt adjust their game plan to deal with him. Mostly this is putting 2/3 players on him every time he gets the ball, which as others have said opens up spaces for other City players to exploit.

We will see more and more of LT as the season goes on, but i for one like what I have seen so far!

Remember too that City's main strength at the moment is the TEAM, and that includes evryone that has pulled the shirt on so far this season!

Indeed City are a team and we are playing to a different attack plan to last season. GJ has Sproule, McIndoe,Wilson, Betsy and Murray who can strike from the flanks. They are getting space because..........LT is being double marked, mainly due to his price tag and lower league reputation.

The TEAM is benefitting from LT being double marked and the law of averages will allow him goals as other managers work out we have strikers coming at them from other directions with extreme prejudice.

Hi Pete.

Your profile name Belfastcityfan (don't take this as being rude mate) do you actually manage to get yerselve down to the Gate?

Only reason i ask, is if you see the guy, he has so much presence, skill, and clever trickery, you would see it would be hard to leave him on the bench.

He really will get even better within time, after all its his first season to at this level, and up to now I'm happy with the guy,s effort and performance.

Before every kick off, he rally,s the fans, and is great to see.

Still reckon he will knock in 15 goals this season, and even a hatrick as well.

Once him and Byfield start getting their partnership working, we really will have a class forward line.

Bring the championship on i say!!!!!!!

Fair point.

I live in Belfast, get to around 10 home games a season, and 5 or six away fixtures. Might not seem like much but it can cost me in excess of £1,000 to do this.

I listen to all the games I can't get too on BCFCWorld, watch the highlights etc etc. Don't get me wrong, when it was announced that we had signed Lee I was over the moon, but like most people not sure if he could make the jump to CCC at this stage of his career.

He is exciting, and like the debates on LJ, he deserves his place in the team while the great start to the season continues. But when we hit a bad patch, hitting the winter months etc, unless his skill and clever trickery comes to something where it matters, then he can dropped to the bench like any other player in the squad.

Only time will tell, Byfield addition might be just what Lee needs. Another striker that will give opposition defenders something else to think about which might free up some much needed space for Lee to do his stuff.

Unfortunatly Lee has the tag of a "highlights" player, I want him to lose this. I want LT23 to be a hit in the CCC this season, and I am sure he will be.

U REDS!

Edited by Belfastcityfan

OK, replace him with Enoch or Jevons for our first 6 games. Would we be where we are in the league right now......NO!

Bristol City as a team are largely an unknown quantity in this league (although i suspect that's rapidly changing! :winner_third_h4h: ) with the exception of Trundle. Every other team/manager knows of his ability and what he is capable of, and no doubt adjust their game plan to deal with him. Mostly this is putting 2/3 players on him every time he gets the ball, which as others have said opens up spaces for other City players to exploit.

We will see more and more of LT as the season goes on, but i for one like what I have seen so far!

Remember too that City's main strength at the moment is the TEAM, and that includes evryone that has pulled the shirt on so far this season!

I didn't say to replace him, calm down....i say calm down young man :kiddie:

Fair point.

I live in Belfast, get to around 10 home games a season, and 5 or six away fixtures. Might not seem like much but it can cost me in excess of £1,000 to do this.

I listen to all the games I can't get too on BCFCWorld, watch the highlights etc etc. Don't get me wrong, when it was announced that we had signed Lee I was over the moon, but like most people not sure if he could make the jump to CCC at this stage of his career.

He is exciting, and like the debates on LJ, he deserves his place in the team while the great start to the season continues. But when we hit a bad patch, hitting the winter months etc, unless his skill and clever trickery comes to something where it matters, then he can dropped to the bench like any other player in the squad.

Only time will tell, Byfield addition might be just what Lee needs. Another striker that will give opposition defenders something else to think about which might free up some much needed space for Lee to do his stuff.

Unfortunatly Lee has the tag of a "highlights" player, I want him to lose this. I want LT23 to be a hit in the CCC this season, and I am sure he will be.

U REDS!

Good reply, and if it costs you what you say it does to come over to watch the lads, then yer "proper".

I always said that we would be lucky to get 12 goals out of Trundle this year, but he brings a lot more to the team then goals.

What did he bring to the team against Coventry and WBA? Extremely quiet in both games and has had little effect on recent games. Doesn't look the business at the moment although I'm sure he'll improve with time and wise words from Johnson, I'm prepared for all the excuses, fitness,lack of service etc etc. Bottom line is Lee has to work harder and not waste what little possesion he receives.

Before all you sentitive sorts start shouting the odds at me let me make it clear, I'm not slating Trunds I'm just saying it as I see it, I'm sure there's better to come from him. :fingerscrossed:

It seems mention of LT has been a little subdued of late.

I was wandering how well he has been performing in the last 3 matches; how many assists, how much of a contribution for example.

Would appreciate comments from those in the know.

i think the pressure to perform and score goals is getting to him a little he seems to lose the ball alot or give it away to easilly like he is trying to hard,he needs to relax more then I'm sure the goals will come.

It seems mention of LT has been a little subdued of late.

I was wandering how well he has been performing in the last 3 matches; how many assists, how much of a contribution for example.

Would appreciate comments from those in the know.

Lee has been most effective in holding up the ball. Still seems to lack the pace to get away, but his skills are wonderful to watch. A great signing who has shown he can make a difference for City at this new level

Trundle looks his most dangerous when he gets the ball in around the penalty box and is able to create just enough space to get off a shot or a cross. When we use him there he looks a real threat.

When we play balls to him down the channels or over his head he doesn't look a threat at all because that's not his strength. If City use him well he'll produce from what i've seen.

so far he's got 2 goals in 8 games, and if he continues at that rate he'll hit about 12 in all this year, which would be handy. wager he might hit a couple more than that personally, probably end up with about 1 every 3 matches or close to that.

the fact he can win us the odd game like against scunny will prove very important. clearly has something about him, i'm pleased he's in our squad.

Trundle seems to me to be suffering from not having a striker alongside him who can take equal responsibility for winning the first ball. He's at his best with the ball at his feet facing goal and he doesn't get much opportunity to play this way at the moment. That said I think he's still doing OK, I just think that when we play Byfield or Brooker alongside him we will see a whole lot more. Sproule looks to me like a winger playing up front, I've not seen any reason to think he's going to score loads so I hope we play him wide soon and give Byfield a go.

to the radio listeners and Sky watchers:

Commentators only focus on who touches the ball or who is in shot. What they never say is "trundle has switched position with murray again and is confusing the defenders who are trying to man mark him", hence you don't hear about him, and even might draw a comment he is having a quiet game.

to the match day observers:

We're in a different league now where much more intelligent, gifted and strong defenders play. You can't just blast your way through teams anymore as was sometimes the case in League 1. Try taking 5 mins out from following where the ball is with your eyes and keep your eyes on trundle. Even if the ball is on our box. you will see he never stands still, always making the defenders think about where he is, by wandering around and this means they are less able to anticipate a break out of defence.

In my view, Trundle does a great job opening things up for sproule. Sproule has loads of potential but he runs with his head down and needs to release or shoot earlier in my opinion. Still i am sure they will both get goals this season.

Perhaps I am wrong - GJ works in 10 game cycles - if I am you might find LT moves to the bench for the next 10.

Still, we're at the right end of the table so something must be going OK?

Trundle is a fantastic player, no doubt about it. This season so far he has not got as many goals as we thought he would but he has contributed massively to our success so far his season with his his fancy touches and ability to hold the ball up very well, against west brom he worked extremely hard and his type of game is not just about getting goals.

imo lee trundle has and will be one of our best players this season :winner_third_h4h::innocent06:

UP THE CITY :englandsmile4wf: