IGNORED

Robbie Savage

kachina

Will be signed as Club Captain on a 6 month deal before the weekend. Being brought in short term to add motivation and creativity into the squad. Will get the chance to earn his coaching badges at the club and given opportunity of a years extension if all parties agree in the summer.

Will be signed as Club Captain on a 6 month deal before the weekend. Being brought in short term to add motivation and creativity into the squad. Will get the chance to earn his coaching badges at the club and given opportunity of a years extension if all parties agree in the summer.

hahaha, good one.......:tumbleweed:

He's going to vancouver!

not a done deal:

Savage revealed last week that the Whitecaps had made him an offer and said he was seriously considering it. Now he has been given permission by Derby to leave, especially as he is out of contract at the end of the season.

"If he went, he would go with our blessing," Derby coach Nigel Clough has told the Derby Telegraph.

"It would be a great opportunity for him but he has got a lot of thinking to do in terms of his media career and whether he wants to keep playing in England."

The 36-year old midfielder was adamant that the next step was simply to make a decision on where he was going to play next but Vancouver president Bob Lenarduzzi said that the former Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City man was one of a few players the club was looking at.

"Robbie Savage is a player amongst a number of players we are talking to at this time," said Lenarduzzi. "We're nowhere near that far down the road."

Coming straight from a press officer at Derby, He is down the Gate today in talks, it's a deal until the end of the season with an extension on the table, although if he leaves in the summer he can get a signing fee joining Vancouver in July. If he leaves Derby for a non EU whilst a contract is still tabled he can't get a signing fee, and Derby must be paid a fee. Derby are not keen to play him now he doesn't want to play for them, and are looking to offload before the summer to save on wages. Savage is keen on America but is contracted to pundit work until May, and knows he won't be able to continue that whilst at Vancouver which will be a breach of his media contract, so technically he can't move to Vancouver until the summer. Vancouver are not interested in paying money to Derby for him, but also have informed Savage he will only be offered a contract deal if he maintains fitness for the new season out there, so he can't afford to not be playing until July.

Millen is understood to be impressed by Savage's attitude and feels he has something to add behind the scenes and on the pitch and has offered to take on Savage's Derby contract until the end of the season in a loan deal, with an opportunity of a years contract if things go well and he turns down the Vancouver move. With contract clauses on Media work and also with Savage unable to go to Vancouver until he has no contract, he has been told to find another club for the 2nd part of the season. Derby's press men are saying it is signed and sealed and he is coming to us, pending a medical which he is reportedly having today or tomorrow. He will be a City player by the end of the week.

Won't happen. I'm listening to him on the radio now and he's talking about next weeks massive game at Notts Forrest and how he can't wait to play. Doesn't sound like a man who's leaving to me. IMO Savage is just what we need. He's a battling, passionate player who can spray balls and battle hard.

So far, checked the Derby Forums, nothing at all mentioned re this deal. Nowt on 606, nowt on football rumours last time I checked. Nowt on SSN site either

So with no one whatsoever calling it and the only thread I can see currently on Google suggesting this being this one, dare I say rubbish.

36 year old our saviour, good grief

it was on football rumours not that that means anything.

I think we have to give Kachina the benefit of the doubt here. If he's right in what he is saying then fair play, if he's wrong then why bother posting this in the first place. For his sake I hope it doesn't fall through if it was true who he spoke to!

On Savage, not a fan of him in a personal context but he is what we need right now. He is the battling midfielder we need right now and that is what is missing.

MM

I am doing work for Peak FM on promotional material for Derby County and had to meet with their press officer yesterday, he told me about it last night and said it would all be completed promptly. Bristol City Fc had asked for no leaks to main press and so forth and Savage's agent was instructed this was a closed deal, so he wouldn't be allowed to have press involvement.

I am doing work for Peak FM on promotional material for Derby County and had to meet with their press officer yesterday, he told me about it last night and said it would all be completed promptly. Bristol City Fc had asked for no leaks to main press and so forth and Savage's agent was instructed this was a closed deal, so he wouldn't be allowed to have press involvement.

but it's ok to put it on a messsage board?

Not doubting you, just saying....

Kachina's info does sound credible.

If what he says is true, then we will get it confirmed soon.

If this is happening then it could be the (temporary) answer to our midfield problems and certainly I would put him straight in as Captain v Palace.

Just the sort of leader we have been lacking on the pitch lately.

whats the press officers name?

Won't happen. I'm listening to him on the radio now and he's talking about next weeks massive game at Notts Forrest and how he can't wait to play. Doesn't sound like a man who's leaving to me. IMO Savage is just what we need. He's a battling, passionate player who can spray balls and battle hard.

Don't we have a massive game against notts forest next week?

I can't stand the guy but you've got to respect him for what he is and what he does on the pitch.....

He's perfect for the job required and if it suits him then it suits me too!

but it's ok to put it on a messsage board?

Not doubting you, just saying....

We were all thinking it..... and didn't feel the need to say it! ;)

Let's face it, anything which just magically appears on a forum is just taken as speculation by most so no need to worry I would guess?:dunno:

Robbie Savage is past it.

We need a more creative player than him and a player with more energy.

Wont be happy if he signs

I wont be happy if we sign him and only him.

On the flip side, his passion and experience is something we are vitally short of. It would be refreshing to see someone in a City shirt with a bit of belief and charisma....rather then the normal, soft, wimpy, dross we have to endure at the minute

I wont be happy if we sign him and only him.

On the flip side, his passion and experience is something we are vitally short of. It would be refreshing to see someone in a City shirt with a bit of belief and charisma....rather then the normal, soft, wimpy, dross we have to endure at the minute

Too old and he is an idiot

Archived