IGNORED

Robbie Savage

kachina

Hmm, maybe. Question is does he still have what it takes though? He did fine for Leicester, Birmingham and latterly Blackburn for a short while in PL but this was 4 or 5 years ago. He's not so young now but he has played PL, European and International football so maybe the experience could in the right circumstances come in handy?

Torres for pool is shite as well, he must be because they are not winning either - ridiculous statement.

no your comment is ridiculous and has nothing to do with anything.

Derby are in the same position as us with a similar standard of player in their team yet Savage who plays for them will apparently come to us and become a leader to pull us out of a slump.

He is in a team in a slump at the moment. What makes you think if he came here he would suddenly make usroll our sleeves up when he isn't able to do it at Derby?

I dont expect us to actually get the next charlie adam - I more realistic than that - but we can get better than savage - savage isnt even the type of player we need.

We should be looking for a youngish player who can pick a pass.

Savage is definately past it - he's even admitted that his "legs have gone"

The reason I mentioned Tony Adams was because he was a great leader - but being a great leader isnt everything - clearly adams is too old - and my opinion is age has caught up with savage.

OK so your back to 'past it' now! Your opinion shifts back and forth a bit or so it appears.

As for his legs.. you may know more than me on that but he did make that remark many months ago and has since played a lot more football.

I think the main issue here though is that short of being able to find a creative midfielder for reasonable money in the week or so left in the window I am of the view, as are many others, than Savage can provide a positive impact to the team and there is not a huge downside if he fails. So, rather than do nothing because we would be held to ransom in the window, like always, its worth a try. Maybe the club asked for this rumour to be leaked to guage opinion; seems a lot more than 50% in favour, all things being considered.

Some City fans really are fickle!

Personally I don't understand the current obsession with creativity. We're in a relegation scrap and need battlers, stuff the creativity, let's grind out a few results and stop being a soft touch. Conceding seven goals in two games suggests that there might just be a slightly more pressing problem Next summer we can look at rebuilding properly, and there will be more, and better players available, either on a free, or for a more realistic fee.

How am i fickle ? you dont know me from Adam, for your information i have never liked Savage, and have always said "if he signs for us i will not go down the gate until he leaves".

I am one of the least fickle fans down there, i never boo the team (even Saturday). I have been a season ticket through all the bad times and not so many good times.

If you must know i do not like Savage because he is a cheat and that is one of my two pet hates in football.

So please do not call me fickle when you do not even know me, i find it very offensive.

Well, fickle means not constant or loyal. It's generally accepted that supporters have loyalty to the Club rather than individual players who come and go. So in that sense it could be argued that you are being fickle in your support by withdrawing watching City if one particular individual plays. That's just one way of looking at it and it's not meant as a personal observation and I am sure it doesn't apply generally to you - it's just 'fickle', by definition, is a reasonable word to use in this context . Anyway, I hope it isn't another one of Steve Lansdown 'name' transfer targets. I've got Keith Millen down as someone who wants to build for the future. Yes, leadership is needed but we already have two loan players so another 'until the end of the season' player isn't exactly building for the future.

Even if 'his legs have gone', pace isn't everything. Sure it is important but it isn't everything.

One possible solution is to play him deeper, in the mould of a deep lying playmaker. We'd have to abandon 4-4-2 for it to have any chance of working but if a player can find time and space through their technical ability then pace isn't the be all and end all. On a short term deal at least, he could galvanise us.

I dont expect us to actually get the next charlie adam - I more realistic than that - but we can get better than savage - savage isnt even the type of player we need.

We should be looking for a youngish player who can pick a pass.

Savage is definately past it - he's even admitted that his "legs have gone"

The reason I mentioned Tony Adams was because he was a great leader - but being a great leader isnt everything - clearly adams is too old - and my opinion is age has caught up with savage.

I remember many years ago when we signed a few players who were past their best. Norman Hunter, Joe Royle and Peter Cormack were no longer part of their club's plans. They didn't do too bad for us....

There's a decent midfield playmaker playing for Exeter on the tv tonight, David Noble!

A typical city signing one good game 5 indifferent, ok on the ball but too slow with the players we already have at the club.

This is my concern with Savage while I think his influence may help, I'm not sure his talents will suit our negative slow build up play.

If we want a character go get Scott Murray back training with us, if we want ability we need to look further afield than Savage.

How am i fickle ? you dont know me from Adam, for your information i have never liked Savage, and have always said "if he signs for us i will not go down the gate until he leaves".

I am one of the least fickle fans down there, i never boo the team (even Saturday). I have been a season ticket through all the bad times and not so many good times.

If you must know i do not like Savage because he is a cheat and that is one of my two pet hates in football.

So please do not call me fickle when you do not even know me, i find it very offensive.

So let me get this streight. You would stop supporting a club you claim to of supported most most of your life im guessing, through the good times and the bad because we sign a player who will improve our squad on LOAN who you dont like? yet at the same time still claim to be a city fan? Hmm.

I also take it that you know Savage pretty well? otherwise what your saying seems rather pointless, no?

And there is another not playing.... Ryan Harley.

The sooner we sign this lad the better, if we don't move quickly we will miss out, teams are queuing up for his signature...

We can do better than him surely? What's more is we need better.

He's good at that level but I've only read reports of other League One teams chasing him.

We can do better than him surely? What's more is we need better.

He's good at that level but I've only read reports of other League One teams chasing him.

I don't think there is anything better in league one, and plus we are hardly flush with cash to go spending big on overpaid, over rated, over opinionated clowns like savage. Harley is out of contract in the summer, so could pick him up fairly cheaply, and would surely prove better value for money than players like savage ever would, whilst also improving the team, something savage for me would never do.

So let me get this streight. You would stop supporting a club you claim to of supported most most of your life im guessing, through the good times and the bad because we sign a player who will improve our squad on LOAN who you dont like? yet at the same time still claim to be a city fan? Hmm.

I also take it that you know Savage pretty well? otherwise what your saying seems rather pointless, no?

I know his style of play pretty well, and i will not support that at the club, Its only your opinion that he would improve our team, i dont.

I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years.When you have put that amount of money into the club you can then question my "claim to be a city fan".

I know his style of play pretty well, and i will not support that at the club, Its only your opinion that he would improve our team, i dont.

I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years.When you have put that amount of money into the club you can then question my "claim to be a city fan".

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bye bye then, so in 35 years youve like EVERY player thats played for the club then?? grow up

I don't think there is anything better in league one, and plus we are hardly flush with cash to go spending big on overpaid, over rated, over opinionated clowns like savage. Harley is out of contract in the summer, so could pick him up fairly cheaply, and would surely prove better value for money than players like savage ever would, whilst also improving the team, something savage for me would never do.

Some quality comments on Wikipedia re Savage:

"Savage started his playing career as an aweful striker at Manchester United. He played in the FA Youth Cup winning team of 1992, and was later given a pretend contract, but never played a first team game for the club because he was awful and signed for in 1994.[7]"

"In 1999, Leicester reached the League Cup final against Tottenham Hotspur. In a controversial incident, Lily Savage made a poor tackle on Tottenham's Justin Edinburgh who retaliated by swinging his arm out. Contact was minimal, but Savage fell to the ground and cried like a baby"

"At the beginning of January 2005 he submitted a written request for a transfer, allegedly wishing to be nearer his mummy and daddy in Wrexham, despite the fact that Birmingham is closer to Wrexham than Blackburn is."

"As the number 8 shirt, which he had worn at previous clubs, was already allocated to then-captain Matthew Oakley, he took the number 44 shirt because he managed to work out that the numbers add up to 8, with help from his 3 year old daughter."

Have asked a football agent I know who mainly deals with the premier league and all he thought was that he was off to the MLS......could happen guess we'll see in next few days. May see an increase of Bristol City players on Twitter if he does sign, he's always having banter with Rio Ferdinand on there.

Robbie Savage - just the man we need.

Do we need a ball winner in the centre of the park? Yes

Do we need someone who can actually pass the ball more than 10 yards with accuracy? Yes

Do we require someone to fire up those overpaid penises and get the blood pumping? Yes

Do we require someone with experience that the players will respond to? Yes

Hope it's true, because Savage will provide all of the above.

I cant help but think this is a positive (if short-term) move. Clearly anybody that is any good is getting a game and not for sale or only available at a high price. Savage has baggage, but we need a leader and some extra bite in midfield as pretty much any combination of available options looks pretty powder puff and that is not something that can be levelled at this guy

In a perfect world I would not want him (Savage) however any number of clubs and supporters might have said that about Gerry Gow in the 70's (Dont shoot me for this comparison as I would suggest that Savage is no where near the player) but no one came to our ground and bossed us for about 8 years and when you consider the 6-0, 4-0 and 3-0 home drubbings we have had in recent times the great man himself must have wondered what is going on...

Savage stop gap..yes Savage Self promoter...Yes etc etc etc...But if it helps to keeps us in this division then it will be wages well spent!!

Have asked a football agent I know who mainly deals with the premier league and all he thought was that he was off to the MLS......could happen guess we'll see in next few days. May see an increase of Bristol City players on Twitter if he does sign, he's always having banter with Rio Ferdinand on there.

If this is a deal until the EO the season, then he could still play in the MLS

And there is another not playing.... Ryan Harley.

The sooner we sign this lad the better, if we don't move quickly we will miss out, teams are queuing up for his signature...

I was in Exeter staying at the Brighton Team hotel just before a recent match. Gus Poyet asked a couple of guys if they were down looking at any of his players to which the guys said no we are looking at Harley!!

I poked my nose in and it turns out they were scouts from WBA...The source is me!

Archived