IGNORED

Former Player - Tristan Plummer

TommyMcGrath

Hey guys

Found this article on Tristan Plummer, well worth a read!

Tristan Plummer was one of our best young players we've had in years and took a year out of the game to play sunday league FYI.

anyway check it out!

there's some really good stuff on this website.

http://thepathismadebywalking.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/at-the-beginnings-of-a-new-path-part-three-tristan-plummer/

thepathismadebywalking [dot] wordpress [dot] com

Hey guys

Found this article on Tristan Plummer, well worth a read!

Tristan Plummer was one of our best young players we've had in years and took a year out of the game to play sunday league FYI.

anyway check it out!

there's some really good stuff on this website.

http://thepathismade...ristan-plummer/

thepathismadebywalking [dot] wordpress [dot] com

I got a VIRUS report on opening the link

Im an AVG user, im going to report this post so someone with more knowledge on threats can review it, in case im getting some kind of false positive

Yeah being his first post and all, maybe a mistake by AVG but im not taking the chance, shame cause i would like to have read that ....

you will not get a virus from wordpress. absolutely true.

google tristan plummer path is made by walking

it'll come up on google.

perhaps it's the link set up on the site or the fact that is was my first post..i don't know... seems weird.

no way would someone who wanted to create a successful website want to virus it - look at his twitter...

i'm using two different virus checkers on the website and nothing on it.

I looked at the link before approving the post and it looked fine to me, I have AVG too and no warning was thrown up or obviously I wouldn't have allowed the post to be visible.

Obviously proceed at your own risk, same as anything anywhere on the net.. But thanks to the person who has brought the possible threat to our attention.

An interesting piece which backs up what we heard about Tristan's remarkable promise as a youngster. Annoyingly though, it blatantly fails to explain what went wrong for him at City. The reasons for his release are glossed over: "...However, shortly after (2010) Tristan was released by a troubled Bristol City, just when things were looking so bright..."

WHY?

What a great read and Tristan comes across as a thoroughly decent young man and not bitter at all. I really wish him well.

Tristan can join a list of players who already had massive reputation at a young age, I can go back to the great Jantzen Derrick and Danny Bartley both great servants but both were expected to go onto bigger and better things and never quite did. Sean Penny and Marvin Brown were 2 who played and scored regularly at England schoolboy and youth level but couldn't cut it.

seems a bit odd because wordpress is a reputable website maker and the maker of thepathismadebywalking would have had no control over anything that would have a virus on it...

just google the website instead of clicking on the link...

I use Microsoft security essentials (my computer fix it bloke said it was loads better than AVG which I used to use - had just fixed a PC which had been buggered by a virus which AVG hadn't stopped). No problem for me.

Interesting and a shame Tristan never made it with City - I guess GJ just didn't get on with him?

I use Microsoft security essentials (my computer fix it bloke said it was loads better than AVG which I used to use - had just fixed a PC which had been buggered by a virus which AVG hadn't stopped). No problem for me.

Interesting and a shame Tristan never made it with City - I guess GJ just didn't get on with him?

Well I know a few people he upset on a sunday with some "comments" he made. And it was brought to GJ attention. Not sure how true it was.

Sounds a shame for the club, the fact with a young son he felt he needed to leave Bristol (and the UK) hints at maybe off the field problems that maybe contributed to his being released even if he did have the talent. Who can say but if he's that good and makes it maybe he will return 'home' to play for us when we reach the Premier League....

I played against Tristan Plummer last year in the Bristol & Avon league. He played for a team called Carmel Utd who went on the win the GFA primary cup

He moved on from Carmel Utd now and is now playing in the portuguese league for a team called Portimonense in division 2.

No idea why he played for a team in the lowest football league in the football pyramid....

I for one admire the steps he has taken over the last couple of years. It's good to take a break and assess what one wants from life.

I sincerely hope he does make it because he has bucket loads of talent.

There are a lot of players who have bucket loads of talent when they are young, but all these players that fail are not only getting dropped by city as hardly any other teams pick them, so maybe they are not as good as what everyone thinks.

There are a lot of players who have bucket loads of talent when they are young, but all these players that fail are not only getting dropped by city as hardly any other teams pick them, so maybe they are not as good as what everyone thinks.

He played 44 times for England at different age levels. You have to have something half decent to do that.

He played 44 times for England at different age levels. You have to have something half decent to do that.

Indeed, it does seem odd that one so clearly talented could not make the grade here. I guess as supporters we're not privvy to all the ins and outs of a players life, in Tristans case clearly the ability was there, can only assume things in his private life or mental state effected his game.

Seems like he is trying to better himself and can only come back to the UK stronger for his experiences and that can only be applauded.

Archived