IGNORED

Former Player - Tristan Plummer

TommyMcGrath

Hey guys

Found this article on Tristan Plummer, well worth a read!

Tristan Plummer was one of our best young players we've had in years and took a year out of the game to play sunday league FYI.

anyway check it out!

there's some really good stuff on this website.

http://thepathismadebywalking.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/at-the-beginnings-of-a-new-path-part-three-tristan-plummer/

thepathismadebywalking [dot] wordpress [dot] com

Hey guys

Found this article on Tristan Plummer, well worth a read!

Tristan Plummer was one of our best young players we've had in years and took a year out of the game to play sunday league FYI.

anyway check it out!

there's some really good stuff on this website.

http://thepathismadebywalking.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/at-the-beginnings-of-a-new-path-part-three-tristan-plummer/

thepathismadebywalking [dot] wordpress [dot] com

Hope he is doing ok and can come back to City and be a pro. He has the talent I understand.

Hope he is doing ok and can come back to City and be a pro. He has the talent I understand.

From what i hear, he had real problems adapting to the physicality of the professional game, i wonder if moving abroad, to a slightly less physical league maybe just what he needs, and might be the best for the skills that he brings to the game

From what i hear, he had real problems adapting to the physicality of the professional game, i wonder if moving abroad, to a slightly less physical league maybe just what he needs, and might be the best for the skills that he brings to the game

Think you just summed him up

Think you just summed him up

A mate of mine down at the gate reckons he needs to bulk up muscle wise, just learn how to take a bigger guy leaning on you. I guess it is just a case of training certain muscle types, or learning a different technique of taking the physicality of others. An example being Messi, I don't think he is particularly massive in terms of muscle, but he seems to roll with the hits and moves in a different way when being lent on, maybe it just comes naturally, or maybe he worked on it, but he is a very good guy to study to see how to deal with a bigger guy hitting you. he does have the the bonus of being naturally gifted of course, but his body movement is something many smaller guys can learn from

A mate of mine down at the gate reckons he needs to bulk up muscle wise, just learn how to take a bigger guy leaning on you. I guess it is just a case of training certain muscle types, or learning a different technique of taking the physicality of others. An example being Messi, I don't think he is particularly massive in terms of muscle, but he seems to roll with the hits and moves in a different way when being lent on, maybe it just comes naturally, or maybe he worked on it, but he is a very good guy to study to see how to deal with a bigger guy hitting you. he does have the the bonus of being naturally gifted of course, but his body movement is something many smaller guys can learn from

So true. It happens to a lot of young players so surely that something we should be looking to improve in this country, coaching wise?

So true. It happens to a lot of young players so surely that something we should be looking to improve in this country, coaching wise?

Well you would hope so, but English coaching is still predominantly about height, speed and strength.

I would be interested to know if that can be taught or if it is just a god given ability to move the way he does. Maradona moved similarly, but he also had good upper body strength

Don't buy this 'beefing' up obsession, Modric looks like he is 6 stone wet through, but still shines in arguably the toughest league in the world...........

Maybe if Plummer had got his move to Arsenal, he'd have been better off. Sometimes players adapt to a better standard of league better. Look at Rickie Lambert, took to Championship level like a fat duck to water, yet his early career in the basement was hardly prolific!

Archived