IGNORED

Bcfc Wont Sell Me Ticket...!

LECW

Having supported BCFC for 30 odd years and having held season ticket for last 9 is obviously not good enough for me purchase ticket for my brother on saturday.....I understand they are concerned with leeds fans but i gave them his address and phone number but it still wont happen..Not happy tbh!!!

The club has said tickets will only be sold to people on their database. As a season card holder you dont need a ticket , if you're brother is not on there they wont sell him one. It's not ideal but it appears they want to know who everyone is who are in the home areas of the ground. For a potentially volatile fixture like this , it makes some sense. It's annoying for those that cant go but I don't think the club can win on this one.

However , as a season ticket holder , the club should take you at your word and post the ticket to your brothers address.

Its gets sillier and sillier.

Next they will be asking for CRB checks and a clean driving licence.

Its almost up there with not being allowed to take a fire-resistand flag into a non-smoking stadium in case it spontaneously combusts.

Its gets sillier and sillier.

Next they will be asking for CRB checks and a clean driving licence.

Its almost up there with not being allowed to take a fire-resistand flag into a non-smoking stadium in case it spontaneously combusts.

I'd be out on both counts there so lets hope not

Having supported BCFC for 30 odd years and having held season ticket for last 9 is obviously not good enough for me purchase ticket for my brother on saturday.....I understand they are concerned with leeds fans but i gave them his address and phone number but it still wont happen..Not happy tbh!!!

Why don't you buy him a club membership for his birthday, or if you feel really generous buy him a season ticket!

Also, try convincing him there is more to Ashton Gate than the visit of Leeds once a season!

Has anyone looked at this from the clubs point of view?

Is your brother a city fan? If so, has he never bought a ticket?

The club are in a difficult position and they need to avoid Leeds fans getting in.

Don't blame the club. Blame the big headed Leeds fans who think they are too big a club to stick to normal rules.... Or too big to just keep quiet!

I have brought this problem up before and was shot down by the 'ultra-loyal I am a better fan than you' type. I am unable to buy tickets online, even though I use an email address which I have previously bought season tickets, bought 4 home tickets this season and I also recieve club advertising through.

When it comes to big games I believe the club see it as an oppurtunity to push for that extra £20 membership fee, I am quite cleary a City fan but the club refuses to accept my custom when it suits them in the hope I will pay the £20.

I was unable to purchase a ticket for the Southampton game and ended up borrowing a mates ST who was not attending, thats £30 the club lost out on there.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the club has to place restrictions to avoid what happened last year but they are taking advantage of the situation to force people to become members.

I would like to see what Dave L has to say on the matter as I believe the club are being slightly sneaky here.

Surely the Leeds fans who brought tickets in the home end last season will be on the database anyway?!

They wouldn't Sell a ticket to a mate in work so I had to call up for him and give my details over before they sold it to him. Can understand from the clubs point of view but puts off new comers who want to catch a game

They wouldn't sell me a Season Ticket in the EE last year even though they hadn't sold the full allocation. I was told to wait until the final phase price structure had kicked in, I told them to stick it.

What?! Seriously?

Surely the club can sell addional tickets to season ticker holders. If there is any trouble it's still traceable and I can't see ST holders buying up tickets for Leeds fans likely to cause trouble?

What?! Seriously?

Yep, 2 seasons ago I was an EE season ticket holder, I moved to the Dolman a season later (no problem), at renewal time I told them I was skint and would only be able to afford a season ticket in the EE for this season, explained I had been in there before. Their answer was to not sell me a season ticket at that price because of some guff about waiting to see how many renewed and I was to be put on a waiting list even though the EE hadn't been fully subscribed at that time. I then told them it was the early bird or no ticket and they chose no ticket. I know, I couldn't believe it either.

Has anyone looked at this from the clubs point of view?

Is your brother a city fan? If so, has he never bought a ticket?

The club are in a difficult position and they need to avoid Leeds fans getting in.

"Clubs" dont make decisions Riaz, individuals do, on behalf of "clubs". An individual, or a group of individuals, made the decision. So maybe the people that make this decision could come on here, name themselves, and explain the rationale.

The "club" arent in a difficult position Riaz, fact is jobsworths hide behind the "club" tag.

Probably because they haven't got the balls to make a proper decision.

And what is this difficult position the "club" is in exactly?

Are they not in the "business" of selling tickets to those who wish to purchase them?

Is it a difficult position because of last season?

Well slightly before my time, but the mods and rockers had a bit of a go in Brighton and Bournemouth, back in the 60's, so what happened. Did the "club" ("authorities") close the beaches or did they lock up the hoodlums?

"Clubs" dont make decisions Riaz, individuals do, on behalf of "clubs". An individual, or a group of individuals, made the decision. So maybe the people that make this decision could come on here, name themselves, and explain the rationale.

The "club" arent in a difficult position Riaz, fact is jobsworths hide behind the "club" tag.

Probably because they haven't got the balls to make a proper decision.

And what is this difficult position the "club" is in exactly?

Are they not in the "business" of selling tickets to those who wish to purchase them?

Is it a difficult position because of last season?

Well slightly before my time, but the mods and rockers had a bit of a go in Brighton and Bournemouth, back in the 60's, so what happened. Did the "club" ("authorities") close the beaches or did they lock up the hoodlums?

I think this might be being a bit unfair on some of the individuals involved in the sales process. In fact, it is almost definitely a "club" policy, which the people working for the club have then been asked to enforce. (I'm not commenting on whether that policy is right, well intentioned, or fair.) If the junior staff who man the ticket office were to disobey the club's rules on this, they'd get in trouble. That's only right in any business, isn't it? There need to be processes and controls in place.

Whoever it is who's in charge of the ticketing policy (on behalf of "the club"!) - that's the person who deserves your frustration to be vented on them.

Yep, 2 seasons ago I was an EE season ticket holder, I moved to the Dolman a season later (no problem), at renewal time I told them I was skint and would only be able to afford a season ticket in the EE for this season, explained I had been in there before. Their answer was to not sell me a season ticket at that price because of some guff about waiting to see how many renewed and I was to be put on a waiting list even though the EE hadn't been fully subscribed at that time. I then told them it was the early bird or no ticket and they chose no ticket. I know, I couldn't believe it either.

This happened to us when we moved from ateyo to EE. We had to buy our early bird tickets in the ateyo and once they knew tickets would be available they moved our ticket and refunded the differerence

Archived