IGNORED

Bcfc Wont Sell Me Ticket...!

LECW

For clarification, season card holders in the Dolman, Williams and Atyeo stands are able to buy as many tickets as they want for this game. If they are buying unusually large numbers we are asking for names and addresses of those they are buying for. They are not available for purchase on line because we need to make sure they are going to the right people, but if you ring the ticket office on our local rate number: 0117 963 0600 and give your season card number you can buy as many as you want. Alternatively, call into the shop or the ticket office. As a season card holder you can buy as many tickets as you want.

Members can still purchase a ticket online, by giving their client reference number, or by calling the ticket office or visiting the Megastore.

No extra tickets are available in the East End for this game.

Following the trouble at the last Leeds game we have brought in these sensible measures to protect our own supporters, while at the same time doing everything we can that Bristol City fans can buy tickets for this game.

So, basically, a straightforward and totally understandable security measure, that will not stop any legit City fan getting tickets for the game!

Some people on here do talk such a load of shite just to try and belittle the club at any opportunity!

I know I am not personally chatting shite Bar BS3 (feels a bit weird addressing a pub) and I have emailed Dave on the matter and he clarified that the online purchasing is for members+st holders only and that if you are on the clubs database you will have no problem getting a ticket in person or on the phone. Which is fair enough, I am glad that has been clarified and appreciate his response.

I cannot speak for other people though!

I'm really annoyed, last year I sat in the Dolman with my 3 Bristol City mates (I'm a Leeds fan), Obviously kept completely schtum when we scored a few and had a good day, this season those same 3 mates came with me to Elland Road. Sat there looking thoroughly glum when we scored and raised a smile when City did (although they ALL predicted the Maynard missed penalty).

Perfectly respectable, dare I say I reckon a few City fans sat near me last year suspected but as I didn't utter a word of my Somerset Accent towards supporting Leeds they just let it go.

Every Club has their idiots it just seems both of our idiots like to fight, I've sat in many Home Ends this year as an opposition Leeds fan (Can't get away tickets unless a Season Ticket Holder) and there's no trouble, the Police were completely useless last time as were the stewards. I'm still trying desperately to get a ticket and may well be able to get one if one of my mates doesn't go.

What's funny is that my three mates were obviously City Fans at Leeds in September but they were just left completely alone, I saw some absolute Idiots from Leeds last year with ewually deplorable actions from City fans, surely just ban those people and get back to selling tickets!

Good Luck Saturday, only the death of Bates will lift my gloom.

I'm really annoyed, last year I sat in the Dolman with my 3 Bristol City mates (I'm a Leeds fan), Obviously kept completely schtum when we scored a few and had a good day, this season those same 3 mates came with me to Elland Road. Sat there looking thoroughly glum when we scored and raised a smile when City did (although they ALL predicted the Maynard missed penalty).

Perfectly respectable, dare I say I reckon a few City fans sat near me last year suspected but as I didn't utter a word of my Somerset Accent towards supporting Leeds they just let it go.

Every Club has their idiots it just seems both of our idiots like to fight, I've sat in many Home Ends this year as an opposition Leeds fan (Can't get away tickets unless a Season Ticket Holder) and there's no trouble, the Police were completely useless last time as were the stewards. I'm still trying desperately to get a ticket and may well be able to get one if one of my mates doesn't go.

What's funny is that my three mates were obviously City Fans at Leeds in September but they were just left completely alone, I saw some absolute Idiots from Leeds last year with ewually deplorable actions from City fans, surely just ban those people and get back to selling tickets!

Good Luck Saturday, only the death of Bates will lift my gloom.

Fair play that man, Nowt wrong in using the home ends as long as you use your head and dont loose it !!!

For clarification, season card holders in the Dolman, Williams and Atyeo stands are able to buy as many tickets as they want for this game. If they are buying unusually large numbers we are asking for names and addresses of those they are buying for. They are not available for purchase on line because we need to make sure they are going to the right people, but if you ring the ticket office on our local rate number: 0117 963 0600 and give your season card number you can buy as many as you want. Following the trouble at the last Leeds game we have brought in these sensible measures to protect our own supporters, while at the same time doing everything we can that Bristol City fans can buy tickets for this game.

I'm confused. As a season card member I can buy as many tickets as I want, but not online? If I understand correctly, if I phone or visit the ticket office, I can buy say one ticket, but not online. What difference does it make how I buy? On the other hand if I want to buy several tickets, by phone or in person, how does asking for names and addresses ensure they "go to the right people", however that might be defined?

At this very moment the official site says that tickets are "on general sale for fans on the City database". The "club" emailed my firiend inviting him to buy a ticket, clearly because he is on the database, with a Bristol address, but he was then told he could not buy a ticket because "the match he wishes to attend this season is the same match as he attended last season". Err, yes, because thats the match he wishes to attend.

I can see what you are trying to do but in my view there is nothing very sensible about it.

Why is it so difficult??!!

Looks like you were right , and it look's as though some of the 'horror stories' being told about not being able to buy tickets have been slightly embellished.

I didnt embellish my story of a friend on the database with a Bristol address being refused a ticket, nor my attempt as a season card holder to attempt to purchase online on his behalf, to be told I did not enjoy the required privilges to do so. And nor am I a gashead on a wind-up.

Why is it so difficult??!!

DaveL has a blog "communication is key" - effing right it is!!

I have mine, I'll be sat in the Atyeo gob shut, It was a real palava getting the tickets, they wouldn't at first sell them to one of my friends that has been to 7 home matches this season, so we got 4 from somebody else who's been to a few matches in the last month.

Here's to a good game and hopefully none of the rubbish that happened last year. :englandflag:

We're all England, they just don't know Somerset is best :winner_third_h4h:

I have mine, I'll be sat in the Atyeo gob shut, It was a real palava getting the tickets, they wouldn't at first sell them to one of my friends that has been to 7 home matches this season, so we got 4 from somebody else who's been to a few matches in the last month.

Here's to a good game and hopefully none of the rubbish that happened last year. :englandflag:

We're all England, they just don't know Somerset is best :winner_third_h4h:

Fans like you, I don't have a problem with. Enjoy the day out here in Bristol.

Fans like you, I don't have a problem with. Enjoy the day out here in Bristol.

Really...?

People from Somerset, supporting Leeds...?

They are the worst sort of fans in my eyes. No better than man utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc glory hunters

Whats wrong with supporting Yeovil, City, Rovers...?

Really...?

They are the worst sort of fans in my eyes. No better than man utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc glory hunters

I am talking about the trouble. This guy is just coming down the gate with a few mates to watch the game.

I am talking about the trouble. This guy is just coming down the gate with a few mates to watch the game.

I've sat in a few home ends myself you have to keep your head down and behiave yourself,

that did not happen last year hence all the restrictions this year

Steady on BS3. I wouldn't know where to start to answer that last one! ;)

Ha Ha. True!

I would always prefer somebody that was merely a misguided version of us though and supporting a local team to any of these armchair, glory hunting, no marks.

Really...?

I've just supported them from as far back as I remember, all my mates when I was younger were the usual Manchester United / Liverpool blah blah.

Armchair = I've travelled to see Leeds 8 times at home this season and 4 away. When that compromises a 450 mile round trip each time that's a fair bit!

Glory Hunting = Well I lucked out there! Last time we won something you had Wayne Allison and Andy Cole upfront!

So please...you're not talking to a ManUre fan with whom 99.9% have never been to a game.

I've just supported them from as far back as I remember, all my mates when I was younger were the usual Manchester United / Liverpool blah blah.

Armchair = I've travelled to see Leeds 8 times at home this season and 4 away. When that compromises a 450 mile round trip each time that's a fair bit!

Glory Hunting = Well I lucked out there! Last time we won something you had Wayne Allison and Andy Cole upfront!

So please...you're not talking to a ManUre fan with whom 99.9% have never been to a game.

You dont deserve any credit when you've picked a team that aint local!

Exactly!

Of course it is your choice who you support - and too an extent, fair play for actually going to see games when it is so far.

From my point of view though, supporting a team that is not local is simply wrong.

Choice......Well I don't remember every supporting anyone else so if that unconscious choice when I was 5 years old or so means I have to travel then I will, I certainly would NEVER support anyone else not matter how big / small / close. I am Leeds.

As for Credit, I wasn't after any at all, merely responding to the Arm Chair remark.

Choice......Well I don't remember every supporting anyone else so if that unconscious choice when I was 5 years old or so means I have to travel then I will, I certainly would NEVER support anyone else not matter how big / small / close. I am Leeds.

As for Credit, I wasn't after any at all, merely responding to the Arm Chair remark.

Well no offence - But it aint right supporting a team, that really, has nothing to do with you.

I never say I'm from North Somerset, always Somerset. Anyway either beats the bloody letters I get through the door that STILL say AVON!!!!

I was born in Hinton blewett, Somerset.... then it became Hinton Blewett, AVON.... then Hinton Blewett, B&NES.... without moving house!

Sadly, I used to help Jacob Rees-mogg with his cricket practice so he could get his 'blue' at Eton. He still owes me a front tooth! (bloody ball off the bat) ... he was a dick then too! ;) I digress......

The Club deals with tickets for big games in a bad way. I remember we were playing Everton in the Cup a few seasons ago, and despite having all the necessary credentials was told I had to present in person between 9-5 on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. I explained that I had followed City for donkey's years, could evidence records of CATS membership etc etc... but I lived in Wilts and couldnt get time off work to simply buy a ticket. I was told "hard luck". On the other hand a non regular fan who arrived every blue moon or 6 and lived locally could amble round the corner and buy a ticket when they went on general sale. That one phone conversation had a good deal of bearing on my lack of Season Ticket since.

Archived