IGNORED

David Moyes Opportunity

real_bristol

I personally asked him why he had never loaned us any players from Everton when he came down for the Freight Rovers trophy winning reunion last year. His reply? "No one ever asked me". He holds us very dear to his heart still and looks out for our results each week, as the OP said, we should be making a massive effort to get in touch with him if/when he gets the United job and trying to create a bit of a link with them. It will only be a help to us.

On a side note, what a lovely bloke by the way. Sat at our table for a little while and spoke about all different subjects in football and was very up front about any questions given to him. He also said the canvas of the freight rover winning side at Wembley which he bought that night would proudly hang in his office at the training ground. He may have a bit of Bristol City history hanging in Carrington or Old Trafford come July 1st!

We've never looked to him for young Everton players, why would this make a difference?

Obviously don't know the answer to that but theres a bit of difference between Everton and Man U young players (generally). Worth a phone call thats for sure

I'd not thought of this but we really should be tapping him up. He loved his time here.

Unless I've gone mad, we could have had him as manager when he was at Preston. He wanted to come but we went for, I think, Pulis. The rest, as they say, is history.....

I'd not thought of this but we really should be tapping him up. He loved his time here.

Unless I've gone mad, we could have had him as manager when he was at Preston. He wanted to come but we went for, I think, Pulis. The rest, as they say, is history.....

We called him back from his holiday from Florida and when he came back, we had gone ahead and agreed compo with Gillingham for Pulis and told Moyes we didnt want to appoint him any longer. Probably a blessing in disguise for him in the end, his career would of been much different.

Yep he was just about to jump on a plane back from Florida when he got a call saying Clueless had the job. Got to be up there with the lack of a sell on clause in the Andy Cole deal as one of the worse things the board ever did.

Nearly broke his foot when passing him in a nightclub on the centre (old Sedan Chair upstairs) a VERY long time ago, he was with Bobby H & Walshy.

Lovely bloke and we all had a laugh about it.....Good Times!!!

Another glorious mistake appointing a dour Welsh ex-gas head who had no connection with the fans and produced boring dour football,, fans slaughter Russell Osmond to me Pulis was worse especially as David Moyes was robbed of the chance to manage a club he clearly loved .

Another glorious mistake appointing a dour Welsh ex-gas head who had no connection with the fans and produced boring dour football,, fans slaughter Russell Osmond to me Pulis was worse especially as David Moyes was robbed of the chance to manage a club he clearly loved .

The black sheep of the Osmond family ?

I personally asked him why he had never loaned us any players from Everton when he came down for the Freight Rovers trophy winning reunion last year. His reply? "No one ever asked me". He holds us very dear to his heart still and looks out for our results each week, as the OP said, we should be making a massive effort to get in touch with him if/when he gets the United job and trying to create a bit of a link with them. It will only be a help to us.

On a side note, what a lovely bloke by the way. Sat at our table for a little while and spoke about all different subjects in football and was very up front about any questions given to him. He also said the canvas of the freight rover winning side at Wembley which he bought that night would proudly hang in his office at the training ground. He may have a bit of Bristol City history hanging in Carrington or Old Trafford come July 1st!

I asked him the identical question, and got the same answer. Also asked him to give us a few million for Maynard. Like you say great bloke and loved his time here.

Yeah Moyes is going to be so happy to hear from us now he's at United and we made so much effort to contact at him at Everton. If I was him and suddenly an old club came out of the woodwork being all buddy buddy because of my new promotion I'd tell them where to go.

Yeah Moyes is going to be so happy to hear from us now he's at United and we made so much effort to contact at him at Everton. If I was him and suddenly an old club came out of the woodwork being all buddy buddy because of my new promotion I'd tell them where to go.

Exactly this. It's like how I imagine a lottery winner deals with all the sudden re-emergence of old friends following the win.

Exactly this. It's like how I imagine a lottery winner deals with all the sudden re-emergence of old friends following the win.

He was genuinely keen to help us out though, so im not sure he would give a negative answer.

In fairness to ourselves, we are a different club now, not an argument for better or for worse, but we have a completely different board and managerial set up with Burt and SOD. A quick e-mail/phone call when the dust has settled wont hurt us. If we just dont bother in fear he will say no, its only us losing out. Would not hurt us, as a football club, to put the question out there.

I think we'd have more luck if the fans wrote to him for help!

Is there anyone currently employed by the club that was here with Moyes?

No, we acrimoniously bombed out Alan Walsh last season, but thats an argument for a different day.

On a side note, Rob Newman is one of Man City's top scouts. Why arent we bending his ear? We may of got McGivern and Cunningham through contact with him, but surely when we were struggling last season and didnt sign anyone, we could of asked Moyes and Biff for a favour for a month or 2?

David Moyes and Rob Newman were obviously close buddies when they were with City and they even coached our Sunday football side "Brunel Glazing" when they were here!

Moyes pushed you bloody hard at training even back then!

As the previous poster mentions , they are both "City old boys" and we seem to have not even kept in touch with them as much as we should have!

I still occasionally wake up in a cold sweat at around 3am because of this...

No, we acrimoniously bombed out Alan Walsh last season, but thats an argument for a different day.

On a side note, Rob Newman is one of Man City's top scouts. Why arent we bending his ear? We may of got McGivern and Cunningham through contact with him, but surely when we were struggling last season and didnt sign anyone, we could of asked Moyes and Biff for a favour for a month or 2?

FFS really? Biff's working for Man Citeh? **** me, give that man a call. Jesus, this club makes my pubic hair curl sometimes...

Archived