IGNORED

David Moyes Opportunity

real_bristol

A rare goal from Moyesie in this game against Gillingham:

http://youtu.be/q1Mwx3XOzwQ

"Rare" goal? At one point early in his time here he was our top scorer after about a month of the season with 5; how many of our current defenders ever get that many in a whole season?

For those that don't remember him (ie young people!) Moyesie was:

- 100% effort

- Decent enough at the old Div 3 level

- HUGELY popular with the fans

- Had hair that was truly epic, massive mop of red curls

I think it's unlikely that the ManUre fans will ever get the full "Moyesie wave" that we used to get when we sang to him (this consisted of a huge, two-armed wave like someone directing aeroplanes at an airport, only without the paddle things, plus a monster grin).

Top, top bloke. It is to our eternal, unending shame that we appointed that utter shitebag Pulis rather than Moyesie. <<Goes and weeps in a corner>>

Head of the Spanish scouting

Biff?!?!?!!?!?!? Surely not!!! Can he speak the lingo? IIRC, he had a mahoosive West Country accent, can't imagine how his Spanish would sound!

Always remember him coming to take a throw in front of the old enclosure, someone in the crowd yelled out something unimaginably offensive (but also very, very funny) about one of the opposing players. Biff dropped the ball and turned round to the crowd, absolutely p155ing himself.

Good player, too, and hit a ball harder than I've ever seen any City player strike it.

Got a lot of time for David Moyes, plus he looks like my old man.

My mates always say the only reason I like him is because he is ex city but I rate him as a manager, he has earnt his chance at a big club.

I don't think him going to United is anymore of an opportunity for us than it was when at Everton. But, if you don't ask you don't get. Still can't believed he hasn't been asked by us previously.

I never saw him play but I always pictured him as a no nonsense defender who could play a bit too - exactly the sort of thing we need now.

As I understand, Scott Davidson & Bob Neale had made the Moyes deal possible.

Certain other board members at the time, didn't believe they could pull off the deal, and preferred the Pulis option....

Not all about being too late, more to do with a board being split.. We all know what happened from there...........

Archived