IGNORED

Marlon Pack

CheddarReds

Apparently City are interested in him.

22 year old from Cheltenham. Apparently likes to sit deep and pull the strings. 50 games 7 goals 7 assits this season.

Apparently...?! Based on what..? Talk on here, or anything more substantial..?

Apparently City are interested in him.

22 year old from Cheltenham. Apparently likes to sit deep and pull the strings. 50 games 7 goals 7 assits this season.

Those are League 2 stats though, to much of a risk.

Those are League 2 stats though, to much of a risk.

Who else are you expecting us to sign? Young, stand out player for Cheltenham, made the League Two Team of the Season for the past two years, good on the ball, takes set-pieces, he's exactly the type of player we should be looking to sign!

Swindon agreed terms with Pack a few months back but the FL wouldn't sanction it as we were in the process of being taken over.

He'll be a decent signing for most L1 sides.

If was tempted enough by an approach from you, then surely he would jump at the chance of coming to us..! No disrespect.

Would be incredibly disappointed if we aren't making a move or at least looking at this player, 22, probably as good as our best midfielder Kelly. dominating the league below at an age where he can now step up a level and progress his game and eventually be playing for us in hopefully the championship, also pretty nearby in Cheltenham would help him settle in easy would enjoy playing for the club, if we aren't even looking at this player I will be disappointed.

You two ever watched Pack live, outside of the playoffs last two seasons?

I've seen him a couple of times. I'd say he was a tad overrated too. Decent FK on him though. Not saying he couldn't do a job for us now but he didn't look championship standard when I saw him.

He appeared to struggle when put under a bit of pressure. He had some class when time on the ball though. Like I said though, I've only seen him couple of times.

Personally think he is over rated

Not at all. No one is suggesting he's a premiership class player but he's certainly good enough for L1 and judging by the fact Bournemouth are interested would suggest Howe thinks he's good enough for the Champ.

Personally I've seen him play 8 times in the last year and I appreciate the job he does in what is a pretty poor team. He's been the stand out CM in L2 for 2 years. Surround him with better players than the woeful Mohamed, brainless McGlashan and headless Penn and you'll find yourself a very good player.

How many times have you watched him fella and why do you think he's overrated? What's his strengths and weaknesses?

Not at all. No one is suggesting he's a Premier League class player but he's certainly good enough for L1 and judging by the fact Bournemouth are interested would suggest Howe thinks he's good enough for the Champ.

Personally I've seen him play 8 times in the last year and I appreciate the job he does in what is a pretty poor team. He's been the stand out CM in L2 for 2 years. Surround him with better players than the woeful Mohamed, brainless McGlashan and headless Penn and you'll find yourself a very good player.

How many times have you watched him fella and why do you think he's overrated? What's his strengths and weaknesses?

Because people talk about him as if he is frank lampard

He doesn't score many he just reminds me of marvin Elliott of 2 years ago,

He is no better then Kelly

Yes 6 or 7 times he played well in 2 of those games

He is no better then what we already have

Ive watched him many more times than that & think the complete opposite to you. Although no world beater Pack got more talent on and off the ball than any of our central midfielders have. He ticks all the boxes for me. Liam Sercombe aside you wont find a better cheaper CM in L2.

Because people talk about him as if he is frank lampard

He doesn't score many he just reminds me of marvin Elliott of 2 years ago,

He is no better then Kelly

Well I've never read anything that suggest he's Lampard?

As for Elliot of 2 years ago - you are joking aren't you? Pack is a player with a helluva lot of ability with the ball at his feet and picks passes - Elliot can't pass 5 yards? Pack plays deep, shields the back 4, puts his tackles and headers in, as well as having composure on the ball, chips in with goals and assists and is pretty much the fulcrum of anything that Cheltenham do - hence his team of the year accolade 2 years running (i.e. the opposition players voted him one of the 2 best CM's in the division for 2 years).

Kelly is a different type of CM, so I'm not going to even start to compare those 2.

My personal opinion, having watched him plenty of times, is that he is more than good enough for L1 football, and is still developing, so could improve further. He will also naturally become a better player if he's surrounded by other players who actually manage to pass HIM the ball - Chelts don't seem capable of doing this and any time Pack gets the ball it's through his own endeavour or positioning, as opposed to being played it by a team mate!

As others have mentioned, I fail to see why City aren't interested as he's on the doorstep and he's free. No relocation costs for the player himself either, so makes sense for both parties.

Archived