IGNORED

Marlon Pack

CheddarReds

Well I've never read anything that suggest he's Lampard?

As for Elliot of 2 years ago - you are joking aren't you? Pack is a player with a helluva lot of ability with the ball at his feet and picks passes - Elliot can't pass 5 yards? Pack plays deep, shields the back 4, puts his tackles and headers in, as well as having composure on the ball, chips in with goals and assists and is pretty much the fulcrum of anything that Cheltenham do - hence his team of the year accolade 2 years running (i.e. the opposition players voted him one of the 2 best CM's in the division for 2 years).

Kelly is a different type of CM, so I'm not going to even start to compare those 2.

My personal opinion, having watched him plenty of times, is that he is more than good enough for L1 football, and is still developing, so could improve further. He will also naturally become a better player if he's surrounded by other players who actually manage to pass HIM the ball - Chelts don't seem capable of doing this and any time Pack gets the ball it's through his own endeavour or positioning, as opposed to being played it by a team mate!

As others have mentioned, I fail to see why City aren't interested as he's on the doorstep and he's free. No relocation costs for the player himself either, so makes sense for both parties.

Yeah, but what's he like on Football Manager......

Well I've never read anything that suggest he's Lampard?

As for Elliot of 2 years ago - you are joking aren't you? Pack is a player with a helluva lot of ability with the ball at his feet and picks passes - Elliot can't pass 5 yards? Pack plays deep, shields the back 4, puts his tackles and headers in, as well as having composure on the ball, chips in with goals and assists and is pretty much the fulcrum of anything that Cheltenham do - hence his team of the year accolade 2 years running (i.e. the opposition players voted him one of the 2 best CM's in the division for 2 years).

Kelly is a different type of CM, so I'm not going to even start to compare those 2.

My personal opinion, having watched him plenty of times, is that he is more than good enough for L1 football, and is still developing, so could improve further. He will also naturally become a better player if he's surrounded by other players who actually manage to pass HIM the ball - Chelts don't seem capable of doing this and any time Pack gets the ball it's through his own endeavour or positioning, as opposed to being played it by a team mate!

As others have mentioned, I fail to see why City aren't interested as he's on the doorstep and he's free. No relocation costs for the player himself either, so makes sense for both parties.

Well said. I too have watched him many times & his game is exactly how you described it. Advanced role season before last got himself double figures in goals, last season he was sheilding the defense yet still chipped in with 7/8. Always gets assists as well. For me he always plays better when Darren Carters in the team - the only other Cheltenham plyr who got half a football brain.

The chap who compared Pack to Kelly couldnt be more wrong but the two of them together would make a very good CM pairing.

He's an average player.dear o dear why are we now looking at div 4 players not fed up championship ones-big struggle ahead i fear!

Dwight Gayle for Peterborough was signed from Blue Square premier and look at how well he did in a relagated team. What league they are in means nothing its the ability we are after.

I've seen him a couple of times. I'd say he was a tad overrated too. Decent FK on him though. Not saying he couldn't do a job for us now but he didn't look championship standard when I saw him.

He appeared to struggle when put under a bit of pressure. He had some class when time on the ball though. Like I said though, I've only seen him couple of times.

We're not in the Championship anymore, and won't be for a number of years I fear.

Someone may consider his ability good enough to step up a league, so you have to back the manager's judgement. Lets face it, the current incumbents in our midfield have royally let us down so a young hungry player with something to prove will make a refreshing change.

Probably won't cost much either...

We're not in the Championship anymore, and won't be for a number of years I fear.

Someone may consider his ability good enough to step up a league, so you have to back the manager's judgement. Lets face it, the current incumbents in our midfield have royally let us down so a young hungry player with something to prove will make a refreshing change.

Probably won't cost much either...

Yeah I know. But some said we should've signed him when we were in the championship.

I agree he is probably a worthwhile signing now.

In your opinion, which is the bigger club Bristol City or Swindon?

Bristol City - Swindon will never get play-offs in L1 again, there time is UP.

Yeah, but what's he like on Football Manager......

:laugh: - Betty that made me laugh more than your name!

Can't be a "free", can he?

Too young at 22 to leave on a Bosman......

Just be compo - and considering its the same kinda level we got Adomah from I can see the fee being £100,000 maybe. Not too much for a player of his (apparent*) ability.

(* I have never seen him play, so I don't know if he is worth a punt. But if the reviews etc I have read about him are true, he could be an ideal signing

In your opinion, which is the bigger club Bristol City or Swindon?

A few good eras aside (60's and early 90's), Swindon Town are a traditional third tier football club. Most teams are "bigger" than us.

Bristol City have a bigger ground, larger attendances, longer history in the top flight, soooooo........ SWINDON TOWN ;)

I think he's already signed. Seen a bloke with a big chin coming out of Aston today!

That was this fella , come for the reunion dinner for that famous night in 77 , 36 years ago this Sunday.

1320013173570.jpg

I have watched Marlon a great deal over the last two years as I work in Cheltenham and I attend a large number of there home and away games.

He is a good player with a very good engine for someone who is seen as a flair player. He can pass, is decent in the tackle and is strong on the ball. He is quite quick and on his day can run a game.

He is a quiet lad on the pitch, not someone you would describe as a leader and can be marked out of game when tightly marked by the opposition. He had a poor play off final last year, I was there and he froze on the day and he didn't do enough during the play offs this year.

He did impress with his attitude when he came back to the club following the Swindon situation, he got his head down and got back in the side and had a good run in until the play offs.

Would have no problem in stepping up to League one and I for one would be please if we were to sign him, wouldn't break the bank and while Cheltenham are actually pay decent wages we would be able to improve any deal he is on there.

At his age with a decent coach I really think he has that natural vision on the pitch to improve and become a very good player.

Off the pitch he is a good pro and is popular with his team mates and is a nice chap to have a chat to about the game.

My brother is a Cheltenham Town fan so I watched the Play Off Semi Final live with him and firstly AKINFENWA is ridiculously big. Scary big... But anyways Marlon Pack struggled to play his style of football as no one else could pass properly but he did stand out as a player who could make the step up, and looked like he had some quality and guile about him. He also had a quality header that rebounded off the crossbar. So I would definitely be happy with him signing for us!

Wednesday, Crawley & Peterborough interested apparently! I would be astonished if we aren't looking at him

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11719/8782527/Transfer-news-Marlon-Pack-wanted-by-Sheffield-Wednesday-Crawley-Peterborough

We are looking at him, but until we move players on there's nothing we can do.

Hopefully people work this out soon.

From the paper in Sussex today, Crawley are favourites to get him despite interest from Championship clubs.

"Charlton Athletic, Peterborough United, Bradford City and Sheffield Wednesday are also rumoured to be interested in the 6ft 2ins player but Pack is thought to favour Crawley as it is close to his Hampshire-home."

From the paper in Sussex today, Crawley are favourites to get him despite interest from Championship clubs.

"Charlton Athletic, Peterborough United, Bradford City and Sheffield Wednesday are also rumoured to be interested in the 6ft 2ins player but Pack is thought to favour Crawley as it is close to his Hampshire-home."

Doesn't he live in Cheltenham then? :me?:

Archived