IGNORED

Ryan Taylor

Welcome To The Jungle

Said it all last season and stand by it that he is the 1st striker on my teamsheet ahead of Baldock, and last season ahead on Davies and Stead. No surprise we scored 4 today as he makes it a team game, holding the ball up well. Keep him fit and we could start moving up the league. He's our ginger Emile Heskey. Another 3 points and we're rocking, COYR

Said it all last season and stand by it that he is the 1st striker on my teamsheet ahead of Baldock, and last season ahead on Davies and Stead. No surprise we scored 4 today as he makes it a team game, holding the ball up well. Keep him fit and we could start moving up the league. He's our ginger Emile Heskey. Another 3 points and we're rocking, COYR

Interesting to see how Taylor features in the match highlights.

He certainly didn't seem to get alot of positve mentions in the commentary - I forgot he was playing.

I think he owes us big time , don't you ?

He worked tirelessly today and gave us that bit of extra time upfront to bring others into play. JET will get all the headlines but Taylor made things happen for the team.

That's exactly what he does and is his job. He does make things happen, he draws players in and can release other players in attack.

Taking out his injuries you have been pleased with his output on the pitch then.

Very, no surprise it took us till January (correct me if I'm wrong) to win a game last season without him starting a game. Not there today so can't comment but he is very good at taking the ball to feet and laying it off.  

Cross from moloney chasing a lost cause...

Through ball from Reid after he won it in midfield...

Bryan run and pass to JET...

I forget who set up Wagstaff.. But it just seems the things we have been doing came off today. Hopefully the players will take heart and keep pushing...

Cross from moloney chasing a lost cause...

Through ball from Reid after he won it in midfield...

Bryan run and pass to JET...

I forget who set up Wagstaff.. But it just seems the things we have been doing came off today. Hopefully the players will take heart and keep pushing...

RB said it was JET but someone who went posted that it was Elliot

I like Taylor, he gets some stick on here because of his goal record, but it has been proved today that when he plays, we create chances due to his hold up play. That's the main focus of his game. For him to score a few goals would be nice, but as long as we're scoring goals when he plays it doesn't matter in my eyes. 

I like Taylor, he gets some stick on here because of his goal record, but it has been proved today that when he plays, we create chances due to his hold up play. That's the main focus of his game. For him to score a few goals would be nice, but as long as we're scoring goals when he plays it doesn't matter in my eyes. 

That's the main argument for Taylor, however - see Fiale's post - I'm not sure he was involved in any of the goals today, holding the ball up or otherwise.

That's just going by the commentary, of course, where he wasn't mentioned much at all, so it may be being unfair on him. 

This. I think he will get goals eventually, if he plays enough. He's never going to be prolific, but can see him chipping in with a few. Only problem is playing one up-front, when he's better suited in a front two. I think he could be good alongside Sam, if they were given a run of games together. However, I'm not sure two upfront would allow JET to play in such a free-role.

Wasn't that the case at Rotherham?

He was the foil for Le Fondre who just kept banging them in.

This is correct.

He was kind of the unsung hero out of the strike partnership.

Not rated enough due to fitness and injuries but can cut it in L1 & Championship when fit and ready to go.

I was there and Taylor was fab today. He is our Sheringham, he won't score many but he makes every striker he plays with better. Last week, v Crewe when it was Baldock, JET was awful, today when we had Taylor up front JET is unplayable.

Must keep Taylor in the team

That's a very strange comparison indeed - Sheringham scored 289 goals in his career!!

He played very well and I'm delighted SO'D made what I expect was a decision that many weren't happy with in going for Taylor at the expense of Baldock.

He actually got himself in dangerous areas a couple of times and although he will obviously never be prolific, getting in the right areas to score is at least a start. 

Archived