IGNORED

El Bad

sh1t_ref_again

El Bad, no f..cking awful. Hope he does not get near the team again in a long time, he makes Flint look fast and good. Both El Bad and Wade Elliott looking too old, slow and waste of space.

Hopefully Osborne back fit soon.

Yes two blinding signings from the manager....Its as if he just wanted to sign a couple for the sake of it!....

Until we see him played in his best position. We should no judge him(all those comments from Brighton fans and management gave me hope.)Not one our manager thinks he might play well in.

Over the last three season, manager after manager keep playing players in the wrong positions, because they try and be clever and out fox the opposition. Instead of keeping it simply and play players in the best position. Then play to our strengths and go and try and win the game from the start. I would really love to come on this forum and come out with lots of positives and praise for the board, manager and players. But i am slowly losing the will to live.

Until we see him played in his best position. We should no judge him(all those comments from Brighton fans and management gave me hope.)Not one our manager thinks he might play well in.

Over the last three season, manager after manager keep playing players in the wrong positions, because they try and be clever and out fox the opposition. Instead of keeping it simply and play players in the best position. Then play to our strengths and go and try and win the game from the start. I would really love to come on this forum and come out with lots of positives and praise for the board, manager and players. But i am slowly losing the will to live.

his best position is back at brighton el bad just got worse

Not exactly going to be any better at cb. He can't judge a high ball very well meaning it goes over his head a lot, he's small so can't compete with big forwards as is slow so get rinsed by quick forwards. Why did SC sign him again? He is terrible and his signing has upset the balance we did have with a back three of osbourne flint and Williams.

As he is SC's signing, he will always start and with him in the team, we will sail into league 2

Terrible tonight but looked much better when he played in aback 4 against Carlisle. Cannot play in a 3, but needs more time before he is written off!

I agree, the guy is clearly not a right back and is cruelly exposed when left in open space, however as a centre back alongside Flint with Cunningham and Osbourne full backs I would hope he would be a lot more solid.

The logic I guess was to bring in an old hand with loads of experience to settle a dodgy back line. On the basis much of that experience has been gained at a higher level, it had a chance of sucess.

Just about all that experience and know how has been gained playing in the centre however. He moved because he wanted regular first team football. For the love of all that is holy, play him in his normal position and see if he adds value. This is just painful to us, and I suspect him!

I think he'll come good yet. He's been bloody awful but doesn't get much protection from Wagstaff (not his fault, out of his natural position) then he's up against a pacy winger one on one 9/10 times. His passing was woeful tonight however which isn't something you'd expect coming from an ex Brighton player. Not writing him off just yet. Must be absolutely gutted to get sarcastically cheered off in his third appearance for the club

By all accounts he can't play in a 3 man defence, so the utter moron in charge keeps playing 3 at the back and picking him?

If that's the case then I wouldn't get on El Abd's case too much.

A mate who is a season ticket holder at Brighton couldn't believe we were trying to play ElAbd in a back 3.

I feel sorry for him having to play both left and right of the three when he is clearly not comfortable.

But what a good idea for us to get on his back and write him off less than a month after he joins us. Unbelievable.

A mate who is a season ticket holder at Brighton couldn't believe we were trying to play ElAbd in a back 3.

I feel sorry for him having to play both left and right of the three when he is clearly not comfortable.

But what a good idea for us to get on his back and write him off less than a month after he joins us. Unbelievable.

All said and done he had an absolute shocker tonight.

I'm not convinced we've signed the right El Abd - I think it must be his Rugby playing brother out there.

Brighton fans lauded him.  I'm going to start calling him 'The Mask', because I think it's an imposter.  We need to unmask him and see who he REALLY is, cuz it ain't the player Brighton fans tell us he is.

Either 'The Mask', or I might call him 'Kendo Nagasaki'

He may well turn out to be a good central defender as he only has a few minor problems to overcome - he has no pace; he can't turn; his positional sense is poor; he often misjudges high balls; more than 50% of his passes go to the opposition.

I really hope I am proved wrong, but based on his initial performances, he might achieve the same cult status as Nicky Hunt!

The only crumbs of a defence for his 'performances' so far is that he is being played slightly out of position and being asked to do things he isn't capable of doing by our manager and he is just another in a long line of players liked at previous clubs, but are nothing short of diabolical for us.

I really don't want to write him off to early, and I didn't like people sarcastically cheering his substitution, but right now he is making a really good start at going down as one of our worst signings.

Came in and disrupted what, at the time, was beginning to look a relatively solid backline and into a squad that needed strengthening in other areas. A long term contract (and in all likeliness one of our highest paid players). A shocking first few games. Can't run. 

Not a superb start.

At this level a Central Defender should be able to play 3 or 4 at the back.

I would be genuinely surprised if he has not played both formations during his career.

It wouldn't be very good if we signed a CB who can only play 4-4-2.

So for this reason, I am suspecting it will just take him a little more time to settle in.  He should be given benefit of the doubt. New City and team.  Not everything fits right straight away for players.  However, we cant really afford to give him time.  He really needs to start delivering soon.

Stevo

This charlatan makes Nicky Hunt look like Patrice Evra. I can't believe how bad were really are playing. Bar a 2 minute Marv miracle on Saturday we were shocking and last night was shocking, none of the players look up for it, too many misplaced passes, panic defending and powder puff finishing. 

At this rate we are going down and in the summer , regardless of cost half of this squad need their contracts ripping off. No point waiting a year or so for them to be out of contract, pay them up and concentrate on the youth. Our youngsters aren't that bad and in they can't be effective in League One or League Two, then they should never have got contracts at an academy of a Championship club which is where we were when the majority joined us.

Oh and as for SC, I thought it was a dire appointment at the time, he has absolutely no idea what he is doing. Doesn't know his best formation or even how to get a team playing simple football.

To think Warnock offered his services for 6 months and the disgrace of our board opted for SC instead, just about sums up everything that is wrong with this club.

Steve Lansdown for someone who has made a living out of handling peoples money with investments clearly has no respect or sense with his own money as all he is doing is wasting it time and time again and never learning from the same mistakes. 

What I would give for Gary Johnson back at the helm right now !

The unfortunate comparison that comes to mind watching El Abd is Sean Dyche. Played over 200 games at Chesterfield, captain, fans favourite - we thought we had a proper, take no crap, centre half and a leader on the pitch. How wrong we were then. Hope El Abd proves a better signing but early indications aren't great.

Archived