IGNORED

El Bad

sh1t_ref_again

The unfortunate comparison that comes to mind watching El Abd is Sean Dyche. Played over 200 games at Chesterfield, captain, fans favourite - we thought we had a proper, take no crap, centre half and a leader on the pitch. How wrong we were then. Hope El Abd proves a better signing but early indications aren't great.

Perhaps El Abd will turn out to be a decent manager then?

The only crumbs of a defence for his 'performances' so far is that he is being played slightly out of position and being asked to do things he isn't capable of doing by our manager and he is just another in a long line of players liked at previous clubs, but are nothing short of diabolical for us.

I really don't want to write him off to early, and I didn't like people sarcastically cheering his substitution, but right now he is making a really good start at going down as one of our worst signings.

Came in and disrupted what, at the time, was beginning to look a relatively solid backline and into a squad that needed strengthening in other areas. A long term contract (and in all likeliness one of our highest paid players). A shocking first few games. Can't run.

Not a superb start.

It is not actually him who disrupted the back line is it ? I think you'll find that the manager had something to do with it .

All in all i despair! Why can the management never see what we can see ?

Flip me,i'm in France and know nothing about tactics but took one look at the teamshit and thought "unbalanced" and players being asked to play our of position = recipe for disaster.

Yeh but this forum, went into a meltdown love in when he signed ! I felt like saying, yeh but how many of you lot gushing praise have actually watched him play ? But I knew id only get the usual abuse so I didn't bother !

So you waited a couple of weeks to slag him off then. Well done you

Was there a love in on here? I don't remember seeing one

Yeah we need to go 442 and have a go from now on 3 at the back aint working we always let a goal in and make it hard for ourselves. Al Abd was ******* shit last night and helped gift them their goals. I was shocked it played Bryan in the middle and as well it was way to weak with Gillett and Marv we got battered in that first half. 

Listen to Brighton fans and they will tell you he isn't awful.

Something about this club at the moment that brings the very worst out of people

Posters banging on about Pack. If he's the future we are truly ******.

Pack has actually been playing well and last night was one of our best players.

El Bad has been utterly bloody hopeless. Brighton have tucked us right up.

The club giving 3 1/2 contract to Cotterill was bad enough but now the same for this carthouse, if he was a horse he'd been taken out the stables and shot

Until we see him played in his best position. We should no judge him(all those comments from Brighton fans and management gave me hope.)Not one our manager thinks he might play well in.

Over the last three season, manager after manager keep playing players in the wrong positions, because they try and be clever and out fox the opposition. Instead of keeping it simply and play players in the best position. Then play to our strengths and go and try and win the game from the start. I would really love to come on this forum and come out with lots of positives and praise for the board, manager and players. But i am slowly losing the will to live.

Agree.

He is an out and out Centre Half, as is Flint.

Both need to play centrally in a Back Four

I can't be arsed posting in the threads where people want to give their line ups for Saturday etc, etc,

However, quite why we don't play a back four of Maloney - Flint - El Abd - Cunningham is baffling.

Cunningham seems to be back to his very best, and Maloney is quite capable of replicating on the right side of defence.

The rest of the formation can be what it will be to combat whoever we play. 

But it's time to revert to a back four, and instill confidence into our over run defenders.

Agree.

Both need to play centrally in a Back Four

I can't be arsed posting in the threads where people want to give their line ups for Saturday etc, etc,

However, quite why we don't play a back four of Maloney - Flint - El Abd - Cunningham is baffling.

Cunningham seems to be back to his very best, and Maloney is quite capable of replicating on the right side of defence.

But it's time to revert to a back four, and instill confidence into our over run defenders.

Because a back four with those two as a central pairing would be suicidal with their pace on the turn whichever one plays on the left side, it needs to be one or the other

Agree.

Both need to play centrally in a Back Four

More baffeling is why you want to play a back 4 without Williams and Osborne?

would be very happy to see Malonany, Osborne, Williams , Cunningham as this would give us height and pace

More baffeling is why you want to play a back 4 without Williams and Osborne?

would be very happy to see Malonany, Osborne, Williams , Cunningham as this would give us height and pace

Osbourne and Williams are both quick and would be my first choice central defenders,  Maybe Flint on the bench and brought on to look after teams with strong aerial threat.  As far as I am concerned - El Abd should.....El Abdicate!

Agree.He is an out and out Centre Half, as is Flint.Both need to play centrally in a Back Four I can't be arsed posting in the threads where people want to give their line ups for Saturday etc, etc, However, quite why we don't play a back four of Maloney - Flint - El Abd - Cunningham is baffling.Cunningham seems to be back to his very best, and Maloney is quite capable of replicating on the right side of defence. The rest of the formation can be what it will be to combat whoever we play. But it's time to revert to a back four, and instill confidence into our over run defenders.

Spot on.

Williams has been worse than Flint of late but as he made a decent start to his City career this is overlooked.

That would me my back four, too.

Because a back four with those two as a central pairing would be suicidal with their pace on the turn whichever one plays on the left side, it needs to be one or the other

Didnt look suicidal second half against Carlise when they played next to eachother, Flint won everything in the air and El-Abd covered well next to him, neither looking exposed. Granted it was only a half but left me feeling it would work and I would have started like that for the Coventry game. Plus it was the only time El-Abd has looked decent (playing in his correct position funnily enough!)

Didnt look suicidal second half against Carlise when they played next to eachother, Flint won everything in the air and El-Abd covered well next to him, neither looking exposed. Granted it was only a half but left me feeling it would work and I would have started like that for the Coventry game. Plus it was the only time El-Abd has looked decent (playing in his correct position funnily enough!)

I thought he looked uncomfortable at times when he needed extra touches to move the ball to his right foot, but yes, was much better in a four.

Archived