IGNORED

Nosworthy

hortonred

I think he looks the real deal.Has everything we hoped Flint would have but hasn't.Although Flint is good in the air...I remember when we had Bikey or whatever his new name  is, on loan, and we could not afford to sign him.What a difference that signing would have made.I hope we do not make the same mistake with Nosworthy.Let's off load the Flints and El Bad and have Nosworthy and Osbourne  at the back next season.

• Admin

I think he looks the real deal.Has everything we hoped Flint would have but hasn't.Although Flint is good in the air...I remember when we had Bikey or whatever his new name  is, on loan, and we could not afford to sign him.What a difference that signing would have made.I hope we do not make the same mistake with Nosworthy.Let's off load the Flints and El Bad and have Nosworthy and Osbourne  at the back next season.

Agree that our upturn in form coincides with having the back three of Williams, Osbourne and Nosworthy - would certainly go a long way to us having a succesful season in 204/15.

Flint may be a good option to keep in the squad - purely for his height?

El Abd - needs to go away and sort his head out or be let go, as something is clearly wrong at present

Agree that our upturn in form coincides with having the back three of Williams, Osbourne and Nosworthy - would certainly go a long way to us having a succesful season in 204/15.

Flint may be a good option to keep in the squad - purely for his height?

El Abd - needs to go away and sort his head out or be let go, as something is clearly wrong at present

Yes, yes and yes!

Actually, I don't think Flint is as bad as some here make out. Made a few howlers, mainly in the SOD era when confidence was rock bottom, but has also played a few good games (wasn't he MotM in one?) and is young and capable of improvement.

In Noz, Osborne and Williams we clearly have our best three options however.

Yes, yes and yes!

Actually, I don't think Flint is as bad as some here make out. Made a few howlers, mainly in the SOD era when confidence was rock bottom, but has also played a few good games (wasn't he MotM in one?) and is young and capable of improvement.

~I'm very critical of flint but he was improving before his injury,

Nosworthy is a must, he elliot and Gillett are a must, all three of those have so much fight in them if we'd of signed them in our relegation season we would of stayed up

It's Nosworthys age that may dissuade Cotterill from offering him a contract. It's also not exactly in line with the 5 Pillars either so as much he's made a significant difference to CItys defence I'm not so sure we'll see him in a City shirt next season.

It's Nosworthys age that may dissuade Cotterill from offering him a contract. It's also not exactly in line with the 5 Pillars either so as much he's made a significant difference to CItys defence I'm not so sure we'll see him in a City shirt next season.

That would be a shame. He only needs another 2-3 great seasons for us and you will be able to have no respect for him like you do many of our other senior pro's...! ;)

Oh god no. Please. Not another pillars argument.

Mods please, please pin an explanation of the pillars recruitment policy, put it in simplified English so we never have to see another misunderstanding of how it works.

Yes, yes and yes!

Agreed.

As monkey points out, Flint was improving prior to his injury and is far from 'done' here; is young enough to improve still.

The trio mentioned have shown themselves to be a great combination, but you always need more than the starting 11 anyway.

I think that if we can get Nosworthy, he'd certainly be a decent acquisition, and being SC will have got the measure of him during his loan, makes more sense than going out and finding another player who might be more of a risk.

I don;t think Shaun Taylor would have been in line with the 5 pillars.But look at the difference he made and the impact he had on other young players like Carey.This dogma should not stop us signing players who can improve the team and club

I think we would all like to see a squad of motivated pro's and young players who were brought through the ranks, challenging at the top of the table.

The best players at most Acadamies are usually 'hoovered up' by the franchises, only to be spat back out on loan when it becomes apparent that they are nowhere near the first team.

Have you noticed how many scorers on the football league show are on loan from other clubs?

As for EAbd, I think SC signed him as much for his attitude as anything else, I could be wrong though....

Of all the loan signings this  season that I would like to put on the books for next season Nosworthy is top of my list.

He has been brilliant in defence and has established a great understanding with Osbourne.

Closely followed (for me) by Wade Elliot who has made some superb assists, not to mention scoring a few himself. He is the midfleld  playmaker we need.

I am well aware that both these players are nearing the end of their careers.

But, as I said on another thread, Ryan Giggs was still playing regularly for Man U into his late 30's.

So what if they just play for us for two or three years more yet.

Of all the loan signings this  season that I would like to put on the books for next season Nosworthy is top of my list.

He has been brilliant in defence and has established a great understanding with Osbourne.

Closely followed (for me) by Wade Elliot who has made some superb assists, not to mention scoring a few himself. He is the midfleld  playmaker we need.

I am well aware that both these players are nearing the end of their careers.

But, as I said on another thread, Ryan Giggs was still playing regularly for Man U into his late 30's.

So what if they just play for us for two or three years more yet.

I imagine 60% of players don't stay anywhere more than 3 years. If we can do reasonable deals wagewise (maybe we cant) and the players are willing I'd like to see them both, or better still slightly younger versions with a few more years roadworthyness.

Brilliant and still gots loads in him, passionate, gets in there no messing. Defence and goalies alike have been better with him. Priority signing.

Agree, Nosworthy & Wade Elliot are the two MUST HAVEs from our loanees.

(Moore & Paterson would also be good but not as key as those two, Gillett useful but not vital, Barnett - not wanted)

• Admin

We all know that the 5 pillars thing was poor business acumen that sounded like it had been written by someone studying GCSE Business Studies.

The ethos was right, but the whole statement was badly done, and was released around the time the club seemed to go off of the rails at the start of this season.

It would be good if we could get him, but it's not vital. Flint could slot in just just fine, as we saw in the early Cotterill days before EL ABD, Williams, Osborne and Flint were all working well together

How you can compare Flint with Nosworthy is laughable.There is a massive difference in quality between the two.Let's hope SC doesn't think like you.

I thought the 5 pillars was pretty good sense, looking to build on a long-term basis. All very well bringing in older players, looking for success next season, but what happens after that?

Read the e-mail from John Lansdown and it would appear that the club is operating within the guidelines of the 5 pillars - despite the additions of Nosworthy and Elliott. Starting XI average age v Notts County 25-26, 23-24 average of contracted players. Neither statistic suggests we are going down the "Dad's Army" route.

Archived