IGNORED

Malaysian Plane Shot Down

Super

Been watching Sky News, they can't make their mind up. At one point they were saying it's almost certainly a bomb or an accident, then they went back to its almost certainly a rocket. Russia Today commentator reckoned an accident, so it's definitely not the Ukrainian military...

They reckon the Yanks are studying spy satellite data and will know with certainty who the perpetrator is, if of course there is a perpetrator fairly.

Yeah, heard that on the BBC News. Security high definition satelite images will show exactly what happened. How soon ( if ever ) that information is made public is another issue altogether.

Definitely looking like rocket fire from the rebels. **** knows what's going to happen now, but I imagine this is the end of the revolution in Eastern Ukraine. I imagine the EU and the US will demand blood for this and I don't think Russia will be able to stand in their way

Hard to do much more than supply more intelligence data. I'd be surprised IF NATO countries even send over some drones.

Looks like they may have been targeting a UAF Antanov transport but the missle ended up hitting the civilian plane.

In any case, I suspect that this is the end for the rebels, as surely the flow of decent hardware from Russia is about to end, just as they seemed to be getting back the initiative.

Hard to do much more than supply more intelligence data. I'd be surprised IF NATO countries even send over some drones.

Looks like they may have been targeting a UAF Antanov transport but the missle ended up hitting the civilian plane.

In any case, I suspect that this is the end for the rebels, as surely the flow of decent hardware from Russia is about to end, just as they seemed to be getting back the initiative.

Putin certainly has got questions to answer like supplying the rebels with these types of weapons in the first place.

Putin certainly has got questions to answer like supplying the rebels with these types of weapons in the first place.

It looks like they may have captured it on a raid on a government-controlled air field last month, but clearly they've been getting support from Russia that has led to a situation where this could happen

Does make you wonder why planes were flying over there in the first place.

9 Brits on the plane.

They were flying nine and a half miles high.  You do not expect insurgents to have the technology to blow up a plane at that height, you need top military spec hardware to do that.

And I can't think where they might have got that from.....

Either way, the separatists have no planes, so Ukrainians would not be shooting at them.  There were reports of social media activity of separatists gleefuly gloating they had taken down another ukrainian plane, before it quickly being pulled.

Putin I think may have something to answer and take away the supply of hardware to the eastern Ukrainians

General consensus of various analysts and experts seem to be that regardless of where they got the rockets from, the separatists would have needed training or assistance to actually fire the thing properly. I think Russia and Putin are in for an uncomfortable few days to say the least...

General consensus of various analysts and experts seem to be that regardless of where they got the rockets from, the separatists would have needed training or assistance to actually fire the thing properly. I think Russia and Putin are in for an uncomfortable few days to say the least...

These separatist are not a rag tag bunch, many are highly trained military figures, as long as someone provides the hardware, they will be able to fire it.  Lets not forget, many have been in both the Russian and Ukrainian army

These separatist are not a rag tag bunch, many are highly trained military figures, as long as someone provides the hardware, they will be able to fire it. Lets not forget, many have been in both the Russian and Ukrainian army

Fair point, but I think they would have to be specifically trained on the equipment. It's certainly not beyond the realms though that the correctly trained person was roaming the countryside with an Ak47

Fair point, but I think they would have to be specifically trained on the equipment. It's certainly not beyond the realms though that the correctly trained person was roaming the countryside with an Ak47

Almost certainly they have well trained people,we have seen plenty of footage of them driving tanks etc, not something you can just jump in and drive. Putin will for once,imo, be feeling the heat over this

interestingly Putin has blamed Ukraine for the troubles but not directly for downing this plane.

of course he has, because the russians did it and he knows it, the next thing the russians will do if europe finally decide to sanction them is switch the gas supply off, which is why the europians of so scared of following the americans head long (that and the fact they lied about iraq),

sadly the situation in ukraine there is now way out ether russia pushes deeper into the country and start world war 3 or the sepratists continue their gurilla warfare and we will see many more thousends of innocents killed,

This is the west's version of whats happening in Syria

interestingly Putin has blamed Ukraine for the troubles but not directly for downing this plane.

That's standard though; the Russians have maintained that the separatists they've armed and assisted are a peace- loving bunch who just want to be left alone and that it's Ukrainian aggression that's causing the problems there. He's also said it's the Kiev governments responsibility to keep order in their airspace, despite the fact that Russian jets have been flying in it in recent days and the Russians have supplied the hardware to keep Ukraine out of it

Archived