IGNORED

Top Scorer

The Casual Connoisseur

Who do you think will score the most goals in a city shirt this season.

Personally I think it'll be Wilbraham, followed by Flint.

Can see others popping up with goals all around the team, there's goals pretty much all over.

I'd like to see more of Jet, Burns and Reid all of whom can contribute.

Elliot will get a handful as will Joe Bryan and Freeman.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do but from what I've seen from Agard and the style in which he scored his goals last season, I'd be happy for him go get into double figures.

My money is on Wilbraham, although I'd love it to be JET, ha such a pleasure to watch.

Can't see Flint being second top scorer in all honesty, but I reckon he'll pick up 6-10 goals this season. As for Agard, I think he will start getting some more goals pretty soon, he almost scored again on Tuesday when the keeper made a good stop with his legs. As much as I would like to see Burns get on the pitch (Thought he should have come on Vs Doncaster after they went down to 10 men) It will take Agard getting injured for him to start. I do see JET getting more game time though, unfortunately I can't see Wilbraham staying fit enough to start every game. What ever happens, as long as we don't stop scoring we'll be fine, good enough to avoid the drop this season. 

Agard will come good, and JET will grab his chance when it comes.

Part of me keeps thinking Wilbraham surely won't be able to keep this up, but when you look at the type of goals he's scoring (scrappy poachers goals AND well taken ones like his second versus Vale) and the way he's playing, perhaps he won't!

Just pleased we seem to have goals all across the team for once; last season it was basically either JET or Baldock for the first half of the season.

That is the most pleasing aspect; when the likes of Little and Cunningham are chipping in, I think it helps give teams a serious headache when having to defend against us, being we've got goal scoring threats throughout the team.

If you watch the warm up at home where the squad shoot at the pop up goal by the Williams, the player who hits the net the most tends to then go on and score in the game. This worked with Cunningham and wilbraham...jet and freeman seem to do well in warm up too. So far in this regard it seems Agard has troubled away fans more than away keepers

We could have a similar season to last year where one player scores most of the goals for half the season and another player scores most of the goals in the other half. I personally wasn't too worried when Baldock left because we've got so many players capable of chipping in with a few goals as well as Wilbraham, Agard and JET.

I wouldn't want to put any money on who will be top scorer but I'd love to see Agard start scoring a few more for his confidence, he had a similar record to Baldock last season and it took Sam a little while before really hitting top form. Brilliant to see Wilbraham proving our experts wrong and really pleased for Flint who wasn't my favourite player last season. If he can keep adding a few goals as well we are going to scare the life out of defences this season.

I think Agard is similar to Akinbyi, not in stature but in the way that he may need 3/4 chances to score 1 goal..........If we continue our form and the way we are playing, I dont see that being a problem

22 shots on target in the last 3 games. If we keep that up, we'll get plenty of goals and Agard should be up there with double figures easily (I hope) :)

Wilbraham is certainly having a bit of a renaissance. Has he had a 20 goal season before? I can't see him keeping this rate up all season but will be delighted to be proved wrong.

Didn't SC say that his best was 17 and that he wanted us to help him beat that, get to 20.

Agard will , I'm sure come good. Signs at the end of the Donny game, he could have had 3 , he is still settling in. Wilb's should get to 20 if the team and him continue anywhere near this form. I'd imagine JET will get a run at some time and I'd fancy him to get a few with others chipping in. Can't see past the regular front 2 with maybe Freeman coming a close third in the scoring stakes.

Didn't SC say that his best was 17 and that he wanted us to help him beat that, get to 20.

Agard will , I'm sure come good. Signs at the end of the Donny game, he could have had 3 , he is still settling in. Wilb's should get to 20 if the team and him continue anywhere near this form. I'd imagine JET will get a run at some time and I'd fancy him to get a few with others chipping in. Can't see past the regular front 2 with maybe Freeman coming a close third in the scoring stakes.

Ah cheers, that im sure he will achieve. Worth noting as well we have had a few different goalscorers as well this season. Good to see the goals spread around the team as well as having a front man in the form of his career.

Wilbs is currently 2nd favourite for league one top scorer @ 4/1. Wouldn't be surprised if Agard caught him by the end if the season. If City can continue with current form, maybe. I'll be having a cheeky fiver on Agard @ 40/1 (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4).

Who is first??

• Admin

I think Agard is similar to Akinbyi, not in stature but in the way that he may need 3/4 chances to score 1 goal..........If we continue our form and the way we are playing, I dont see that being a problem

Noticed that about him too. See alot of his 26 goals last season came from him playing out on the wing.

Very reminiscent of Scott Murray a few years back, I wonder how he would have faired being signed as a centre forward?

some clogger will no doubt take out wilbs,freeman or agard before too long,then jet will get a run and start to catch up with wilbs.when he does,its going to be difficult for cotts to put the recovered player back in until jet has a quiet spell. we all know what he can do when hes interested,just hope he gets a good chance before he gets fed up of 2 minute cameo appearances

(i dont mean im wishing a serious injury to anyone either)

7 in his last 3 games, amazingly.

It is, and more so as at his age (26) he's never really shown this type of form before; got 25 back in Ireland one season, but has nearly beaten his second best season tally (13) already.

Will be interesting to see how this lad progresses across the season.

some clogger will no doubt take out wilbs,freeman or agard before too long,then jet will get a run and start to catch up with wilbs.when he does,its going to be difficult for cotts to put the recovered player back in until jet has a quiet spell. we all know what he can do when hes interested,just hope he gets a good chance before he gets fed up of 2 minute cameo appearances

(i dont mean im wishing a serious injury to anyone either)

I don't. Things are going just perfectly as they are

A bit of an aside here; reading an article on Fulham's plight and a thought crossed my mind regards Marcello Trotta, the lad they loaned out to Brentford the last two years.

Seems like he's miles out of the picture for the first team there, and that despite submitting a transfer request in the summer looking to force a move, Brentford's interest vanished, leaving him sitting on less than a years worth of contract in Fulham's reserves.

Apparently Barnsley are interested in loaning him, but with his experience at getting promotion at this level, along with a decent haul of goals (hence posting it here) last season, and us perhaps a striker light after Baldock went, maybe he'd be a decent addition?

Just speculating, but alongside Doyle, if we want to keep up the momentum across the season, perhaps he's the sort of player we perhaps need to be looking to bring in to strengthen what is an already very decent team?

Young, not really like anyone we already have (closest type maybe JET?) and with both games and a recent promotion to his name, is the sort of chap I think would certainly add to our options.

Like I said; just a thought...

Archived