IGNORED

Korey Smith Nasty Bit Of Work

foghornred

It happens on every throw in and freekick easy way to put the bloke of infront of you along with pinching and pushing its all things you do to get inside your opponents head, nothing wrong with it in my book as long as you get away with it of course! I'm not afraid to admit I do it all the time!

Yesterday I noticed that when we got the free kick near the end (that we messed up) Korey was in and behind the wall and while behind the wall he ran his studs down the back of a Fleetwood players calf an action that would have got him sent off with a 3 match ban if the referee had seen it.

This is something that I do not approve of and I hope that SC does not approve either and will have a word.

Proper football, separates the man from the boys... We need tough players to get out this shit league

Gow, Hunter, Kellard etc were and still are some of my favourite all time City, Joe Jordan & Terry Cooper stood for no nonsense too.... Today's Prem ***** (sorry 'stars') most of em wouldn't have dared take the piss out of that lot or at least wouldn't for a second time! .... Its the sneaky shit I can't stand, the old guard didn't **** about, and provided some of the best footballing memories in living memory... The twinkle toes skill often seen nowadays (brilliant as much of it is) is a World away from blood guts and thunder era many of us were privileged to have grown up with, and there was always room for the George Best's etc.. Gerry Sharpe was one of my first skill player heroes, til that fateful day against the Boro that ended it for him... Football then may have been generally 'dirtier' but that was the game then, today's sanitised version is a totally different animal and the snidey side of it was thge exception rather than the norm in Gows day - it was more honest then hard & often unfair but more upfront and honest, f'ing Suarez sneaky bite etc would've resulted in a well deserved broken nose, likewise a cowardly shin / calf raking wouldn't have been taken lightly..

Guess I'm saying there's hard 'dirty' and there's cheating sneaky 'dirty' .... Worlds apart and Gow wasn't in the second category....

Its a different game today, I preferred the older version , remember Terry Butcher blood soaked England shirt, raw & honest.. Loved it, miss it.

So, this good article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468

This bad suarez_2381632b.jpg

Where do we stand on this kind of thing, WH?  Eric_Cantona_kung-fu_kick.jpg

He ran his foot down the back of his leg, but not in the way you are saying, was right in front of me and there was no intention to hurt the bloke, And there was no force what so ever!

That was how I saw it, Fleetwoods 25 was deliberately standing on Flints foot as well, it's part and parcel of the game, and always has been, I remember seeing Dickie Rooks flatten a guy with a tackle and walk over him as he led on the ground, the guy got up and carried on as if nothing had happened.

OK, yeah, maybe a little bit.. Gow Dirty'ish' then.. :)

(but it was an era of football 'hard men' ... go compare with today's lying cheating fake headbutts, powderpuff sack of spuds diving etc etc. Thankfully not so prevalent outside of the Premier League in this country but its here and needs sorting before it filters down though the lower leagues too....

Ffs if its allowed to continue like it is on the field its only a matter of time before the supporters respond & we'll be seeing fans fighting with horses.)

You don't watch / play a lot of "lower league" football then? It happens at every level. In fact the lower leagues / non league is probably worse as you are far less likely to get caught!

It happens on every throw in and freekick easy way to put the bloke of infront of you along with pinching and pushing its all things you do to get inside your opponents head, nothing wrong with it in my book as long as you get away with it of course! I'm not afraid to admit I do it all the time!

This. It happens, unfortunately. I wouldn't hesitate standing on a players foot at a corner or leaving a foot in a tackle to put someone off their game - especially if they are better than me.

It's about time City had a bit of nastiness to be honest. Last person I remember being like that was The Doc - or Louis.

Although I wasn't there it seems like you were the only person who actually saw this as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, not even by Fleetwood fans. Also strange to call one of our standout players a 'Nasty Bit of Work' based on one tackle despite him seeming a really honest player so far

The Radio Bristol Commentator commented about it, so it did happen,  I am sure that if seen by the officials it would have been at  a yellow card and as he was already booked would have been a sending off.  Not very professional and would have let down the team by him being banned.

Every single post you make is dullard shit. I want to stress to you that everyone on here and even your parents hate you.

Ever heard of attack the post not the poster? However I will take time to reply, even to you.. The fact that he did do it makes it a possible disciplinary both on and off the field, he could have been sent off and that might have cost us a point, would you condone that? 

I would bet that Cotterill did have a 'word'.  

As far as being hated on here well that doesn't bother me too much, even if I am, I can count a few 'likes' just like those that like your rather childish and personal attack on me, however I am not frightened to speak out and not concerned with Kudos gained by the likes of you and your mates who think that this sort of action is right, I don't and it appears others agree too. 

I spoke out that I thought that Steve Coppell did not have his heart in the job when he took over, for not attending the final two matches of that season, I got dog's abuse for that only to be proved right, so you see i don't take the easy option and joining any Bandwagon's especially the type you and you cronies are on that think they are some sort of latter day hard men that like a fight at football matches, pathetic.

Whether or not my parents hate me , well Dad died young in '83 and Mum 2012, I cannot ask them.

I appreciate football forums might not be the best place to find intelligent debate,always, and you certainly promote that theory brilliantly.

Well done. 

The Radio Bristol Commentator commented about it, so it did happen,  I am sure that if seen by the officials it would have been at  a yellow card and as he was already booked would have been a sending off.  Not very professional and would have let down the team by him being banned.

Exactly, however you might be wasting time trying to convince the 'Bash Street Kids' on here :facepalm:

Didn't see it, but it's interesting some of the views on here. If it was an opposition player doing it to one of our lads, there would have been hell to pay on this forum and that opposition player would've been slagged off forever more, yet the general view is who cares or it's acceptable when 'we' do it. Interesting.

Didn't see it, but it's interesting some of the views on here. If it was an opposition player doing it to one of our lads, there would have been hell to pay on this forum and that opposition player would've been slagged off forever more, yet the general view is who cares or it's acceptable when 'we' do it. Interesting.

Think that it is more the case that being a little more street wise is a good thing for the club and that we have had a too soft an underbelly.  Too many times I have seen City being bullied an I can't see Steve Cotterill putting up with it.

Think it's naive to think that dark arts of football are not there an each successful team has players who are more prone to them than others.  Of cause, these dark arts need far more discretion than what Korey Smith obviously demonstrated on Saturday.

If condoning it makes us bash street kids then so be it.  TMOR appears to be living in a world wrapped in cotton wool, completely removed from realities such as these.

Think that it is more the case that being a little more street wise is a good thing for the club and that we have had a too soft an underbelly.  Too many times I have seen City being bullied an I can't see Steve Cotterill putting up with it.

Think it's naive to think that dark arts of football are not there an each successful team has players who are more prone to them than others.  Of cause, these dark arts need far more discretion than what Korey Smith obviously demonstrated on Saturday.

If condoning it makes us bash street kids then so be it.  TMOR appears to be living in a world wrapped in cotton wool, completely removed from realities such as these.

Nope, that's not me, but I don't want my club getting a tag as 'Dirty' or 'Cheats', we have never for as long as I can remember been any of these, but I will agree that we need to 'stand our ground if you like, ironically my Avatar Ten Minutes of Rough is my sentiments, and,shouted by a few from the EE when we all stood all those years ago.  

Hope that clears that one up!!

Nope, that's not me, but I don't want my club getting a tag as 'Dirty' or 'Cheats', we have never for as long as I can remember been any of these, but I will agree that we need to 'stand our ground if you like, ironically my Avatar Ten Minutes of Rough is my sentiments, and,shouted by a few from the EE when we all stood all those years ago.  

Hope that clears that one up!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=Xp_0ITy8nrk

Think from 1.30 is the point.

Yesterday I noticed that when we got the free kick near the end (that we messed up) Korey was in and behind the wall and while behind the wall he ran his studs down the back of a Fleetwood players calf an action that would have got him sent off with a 3 match ban if the referee had seen it.

This is something that I do not approve of and I hope that SC does not approve either and will have a word. 

What a shame you cannot post on how well he has done for us this season, as opposed to some one off incident you have supposedly spotted that might have been a response to something that was done to him.

Stop telling tales!

What a load of Ed balls, the OP could well get our lads a reputation for responding to a previous action by the opponent. Before we know it, the next opposition are highlighting it to the ref, just like Rotherham did with FF and his kicking. Don't people know anything about the game and when to shut the Eff up for the good of the game.

Think that it is more the case that being a little more street wise is a good thing for the club and that we have had a too soft an underbelly. Too many times I have seen City being bullied an I can't see Steve Cotterill putting up with it.

Think it's naive to think that dark arts of football are not there an each successful team has players who are more prone to them than others. Of cause, these dark arts need far more discretion than what Korey Smith obviously demonstrated on Saturday.

If condoning it makes us bash street kids then so be it. TMOR appears to be living in a world wrapped in cotton wool, completely removed from realities such as these.

There's a difference though between being more street wise and tenacious as a midfield unit (which i agree with you - i prefer as well) verses any of our players resulting to actions like that - which do not make a good footballing side. No need for it in the game and its definitely not acceptable.

Archived