IGNORED

10 Game Blocks

brad blit

No offence to you TRL but it irritates me when people go back to the history books. It's there to be broken and we are playing some of the best stuff I've ever seen. It doesn't matter when we last beaten somebody, every season is a new season!

Look at Sheff Utd on the opening day? Hadn't won there since the 50s.

Trouble is, teams generally do have these thoughts in the back of their heads, even if the players have never been involved, psychological! so now they have broken the Sheffield Monkey here is hoping the Swindon results over the past decade get banished to history and a new era of wins start.  It would make my life at work far more bearable!

21 points- 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss.

Talking to a mate who is a Cov fan he told me how bad they were last game. Painful to watch even, sounds familiar but along with our record at the Ricoh I expect us to win that.

One loss and I hate to say it, but I fear it could be Swindon. However I would obviously love to see us go another 10 unbeaten; don't see why not?

We have a pretty good record against Swindle over the years.  If we are both still on our current form it should be a cracking game, I should think neither team are worried about anyone at the moment.  I forecast at least 1 red card.  I can see Sky sticking us on TV again for that one if they want another L1 game - or have all the upcoming games been announced?

Preston seem to be getting into their stride and will probably be top 3 when they come to play us.

12 points (3 wins, 3 draws, 4 defeats)

13 goals for

13 goals against

You think we will slip into relegation form?

And I thought my prediction of 16 was negative!

Do think we'll hit a period were some teams might start sussing out any weaknesses we have, or we simply lose a bit of momentum, but am confident that those currently just behind the first team are good enough to come in, take their chances, and keep us competitive.

You think we will slip into relegation form?

Well every team has bad spells.

Take Wolves last year who finished with an absurd 103 points, at one point they had an 11 game spell where they picked up just 14 points.

The season before, after 12 games Tranmere had 9 wins and 3 draws - they then went on to pick up 37 points from 34 games.

Out of the next 10 I can see us losing to Bradford, Oldham, Swindon and Posh

I'm of the opinion that we are most dangerous on the counter attack, so if we are away where the onus is on the opposition to go forward a bit more it could play into our hands. I can't remember seeing us look so dangerous on the break. The block of 10 relies on certain players staying fit. If they can, then I can see another 20 points being added.

I believe the Swindle game is more than likely due to be postponed due to internationals.

I see today that John Obika is out for 3 months so a small chink in their forward armour there which has got to help, depending on when it may be rearranged for.

Better ******* not be. Already got train tickets

Better ******* not be. Already got train tickets

Oh dear! I think its them, not us with the required number of internationals. Theyve already had one called off for the same reason this season i believe so its pretty likely. Plus we have Williams, Cunningham, Burns and the Slovakian Forward Wilbrahamovic to be called up!!

the next 10 games? please i'm happy for the next 10 mins.

at the moment its going fantastic but apart from injuries at sometime were going to loose players to suspension  then wele see how strong the squad is.

have we got someone to replace little? things are going fantastic for now just enjoy folks,the next 10 games,who f,,,,n knows!!!

3 defeats all season and we would have won promotion by March. You don't expect too much then !

I certainly don't expect 3 defeats in 10 games if we are serious about going up as champions. 

To finish in the high 90's or over 100 points we would expect to lose probably 4 or 5 games all season, 6 at the outside.   Mid 90's and expect to lose around 7 to 9.  Anything over that have been exceptional years with Doncaster being champions on 84 points and losing 12 games while Southend lost 10 and were champions on only 82 points.  Those points should really only get you in the play offs. 

For me, Swindon and Preston so far seem to be the only teams capable of achieving that low defeats total over the season.

If we suffer 3 defeats in the next 10 games then there will need to be some exceptional circumstances such as a horrendous injury list, or else we have run out of steam and are not as good as we (and many pundits) think we are.  Maybe we aren't.  I am actually more worried about the home games against Chesterfield and Bradford than away to Swindon.

• Admin

Oh dear! I think its them, not us with the required number of internationals. Theyve already had one called off for the same reason this season i believe so its pretty likely. Plus we have Williams, Cunningham, Burns and the Slovakian Forward Wilbrahamovic to be called up!!

The three Swindon players who get called up to get their games called off are:

Yaser Kasim (Iraq), Massimo Luongo and Brad Smith (Both Australian)  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28878460

On Friday 14th November and Monday 17th November Iraq are involved in the "Gulf Cup of Nations" http://iraqfc.webs.com/resultsandfixtures.htm

At this moment in time there is NO fixture for Australia around these dates, BUT they do have a fixture against Japan TBC http://www.socceroos.com.au/results 

Archived