IGNORED

10 Game Blocks

brad blit

The three Swindon players who get called up to get their games called off are:

Yaser Kasim (Iraq), Massimo Luongo and Brad Smith (Both Australian)  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28878460

On Friday 14th November and Monday 17th November Iraq are involved in the "Gulf Cup of Nations" http://iraqfc.webs.com/resultsandfixtures.htm

At this moment in time there is NO fixture for Australia around these dates, BUT they do have a fixture against Japan TBC http://www.socceroos.com.au/results 

Seems bizarre that the affairs of the Iraqi national team impinge on City.

Surely, there's something we can do about that? Get old Obama on the blower this instant!

Seems bizarre that the affairs of the Iraqi national team impinge on City.

Surely, there's something we can do about that? Get old Obama on the blower this instant!

Good idea, but Obama isn't actually a City fan.

He just has a soft spot for BCFC because he hates Rovers.

don't agree with the OP about Coventry as we always win there, i think the hardest game will be Posh they are a club on the up with there fans right behind them, Swindle will be tricky as we never seam to play well there so a point would be very good, would also take a point against a good Preston side, can see us getting 6 wins so 20 points is possible

Am I alone in thinking the whole "we have a great record there" reason for predicting a future victory is absolute nonsense?

How do past victories from 2 or more years ago, with a completely different playing staff, have any relevance to future results at the same ground?  None would be my guess.

More likely our decent record at the Ricoh is because we happened to be the better team on each occasion we played there.

Good idea, but Obama isn't actually a City fan.

He just has a soft spot for BCFC because he hates Rovers.

Fair point.

One thing that Cammy, Boris, Nige, that Millipede chap, Lord Sainsbury, the Yanks, the UN lads, Putin an even bloody ISIS agree upon is their dislike of Rovers. Friends all.

Not been to an away game yet this season so I'd imagine me going to Walsall will mean we'll lose. Plus we've been sloppy defensively the last few games and needed 3 goals in each to get 4 points - don't think we'll continue to score 3 a game for long. So that's potentially our undefeated run over. Also can't see us getting anything at Swindon. Their home form is very good and we always struggle there. Peterborough away again a tough game. Think we'll lose our undefeated run this month but hopefully keep a solid home record. Gonna go for:

Walsall (A) Loss
Chesterfield (H) Win
Coventry (A) Win
Bradford (H) Win
Barnsley (A) Draw
Oldham (H) Win
Swindon (A) Loss
Preston (H) Draw
Posh (A) Loss
Crawley (H) Win

Gives us 5 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws totalling 17 points. 20 games in with 41 points and I'd be pretty happy. Averaging 2 points a game is promotion form - unbeaten or not.

Am I alone in thinking the whole "we have a great record there" reason for predicting a future victory is absolute nonsense?

How do past victories from 2 or more years ago, with a completely different playing staff, have any relevance to future results at the same ground?  None would be my guess.

More likely our decent record at the Ricoh is because we happened to be the better team on each occasion we played there.

it maybe there is no reason for it but it is amazing how often its true, some away games are almost bankers for us, others we get one win in a generation, as they say it's a funny game

Not been to an away game yet this season so I'd imagine me going to Walsall will mean we'll lose. Plus we've been sloppy defensively the last few games and needed 3 goals in each to get 4 points - don't think we'll continue to score 3 a game for long. So that's potentially our undefeated run over. Also can't see us getting anything at Swindon. Their home form is very good and we always struggle there. Peterborough away again a tough game. Think we'll lose our undefeated run this month but hopefully keep a solid home record. Gonna go for:

Walsall (A) Loss

Chesterfield (H) Win

Coventry (A) Win

Bradford (H) Win

Barnsley (A) Draw

Oldham (H) Win

Swindon (A) Loss

Preston (H) Draw

Posh (A) Loss

Crawley (H) Win

Gives us 5 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws totalling 17 points. 20 games in with 41 points and I'd be pretty happy. Averaging 2 points a game is promotion form - unbeaten or not.

I would not be happy. 

I have spent too many years of my life having my hopes raised and then dashed as our form crumbles away.  If that is how the results pan out I will realise that this is just another season where we are going to churn out results and the club accepts that getting into the play offs is some kind of achievement which I ought to be grateful for.  But I won't be.

Sitting in Ashton Gate for 2 hours is real escapism for me, from some of the shit that has hit me in my personal life.  Our unbeaten run and being 5 points clear is one of the few things which has put a smile on my face recently.  If we revert to type and this turns out to be no different from virtually every one of the past 40 odd seasons I have spent watching City I shall be seriously ******* depressed.  We have built the foundations to grab this division by the balls and do something impressive.

We have had our best start since none of us can remember, why so bloody negative?

Let's do something special!

I'd view Crewe as a banker too.

Right this minute I would, but form this bad; they could make changes and get things moving in the opposite direction again.

We looked a banker this time last year, but a month or so later we weren't, so we'll see where Crewe are when that game rolls around.

• Admin

Some context please. The claim was that there are certain games that we can view as 'bankers' purely because of our past record there. I don't think you can view any game as a banker for that reason alone.

Sorry I was going on the basis you had said "no bankers in this division, even this season!"

I would agree that it's ridiculous to say a game is a banker just because we usually do well at a ground but these records are usually achieved due to size of club (& budget that goes with it). If we usually have a bigger budget than an opponent, it stands to reason that we'd usually do well against them.

OK first 10 games have been and gone, 7 wins and 3 draws is a dream start which no1 would have predicted! But now we know the team and form of opposition teams perhaps we can guess the 2nd block of 10 -

Walsall (A) Win 0-2

Chesterfield (H) Win 2-1

Coventry (A) Lose 1-2

Bradford (H) Win 2-0

Barnsley (A) Win 1-2

Oldham (H) Draw 2-2

Swindon (A) Lose 2-1

Preston (H) Draw 0-0

Posh (A) Draw 1-1

Crawley H) Win 3-1

So I want predictions for overall points, goals scored and goals conceeded - il start with

Points - 18 (5wins, 3 Draws and 2 Losses being Coventry & Posh away)

Goals Scored - 18

Goals Conceeded - 9

Goals for 16

Goal Against 10 (Think I've calculated that right)

OK first 10 games have been and gone, 7 wins and 3 draws is a dream start which no1 would have predicted! But now we know the team and form of opposition teams perhaps we can guess the 2nd block of 10 -

Walsall (A)

Chesterfield (H)

Coventry (A)

Bradford (H)

Barnsley (A)

Oldham (H)

Swindon (A)

Preston (H)

Posh (A)

Crawley H)

So I want predictions for overall points, goals scored and goals conceeded - il start with

Points - 18 (5wins, 3 Draws and 2 Losses being Coventry & Posh away)

Goals Scored - 18

Goals Conceeded - 9

Reckon like op also think we'll lose at Coventry even though we normally do ok there gut reactions n all that, think we'll draw at Posh but maybe lose against Swindon.

Walsall (A) 0-3 Win

Chesterfield (H) 3-1 Win

Coventry (A) 3-2 Lose

Bradford (H) 2-0 Win

Barnsley (A) 1-2 Win

Oldham (H) 3-1 Win

Swindon (A) 1-0 Lose

Preston (H) 2-2 Draw

Posh (A) 1-1 Draw

Crawley H) 3-0 Win

20 Points

Scoring 21

Conceding 9

Think I've added that right.

Think we have the capability to win all 10 I know law of averages says we'll lose eventually but looking at it.. We could potentially have our unbeaten run really stretched in these 10 I honestly don't see why we can't beat every team on our day I mean sure luck will go against us and it's always good to keep our feet on the ground but why don't we live in dream land for a while ?

Think we have the capability to win all 10 I know law of averages says we'll lose eventually but looking at it.. We could potentially have our unbeaten run really stretched in these 10 I honestly don't see why we can't beat every team on our day I mean sure luck will go against us and it's always good to keep our feet on the ground but why don't we live in dream land for a while ?

Can't see why we couldn't go unbeaten for this next block of 10 but as much as I would luv this to happen I don't think we'll be able to due to every team we go up against will want to be the ones who end it, We just need to make sure that if we do go behind we come straight back at them & get a goal back so we at least come away with a draw, I believe our team's got the fight & spirit to get something out of every match we play in while SC has the managerial quality to keep the players feet firmly on the ground & not let them float away in the clouds. COYR!!! Another win this weekend please & hopefully other results go our way so we can extend the gap at the top. :-D

Archived