IGNORED

Swindon In A False Position ?

OldlandReddies

Their fans have a habit of making out they are better than they are, yes beating Orient and Barnsley away is great but both sides on shocking form. Walsall, Mk dons and Fleetwood the last 3 sides we have played have all been solid of late!

As said though you can only beat whats put infront of you so they are there on merit

Don't worry about us. We shall rise or fall accordingly just like Bristol City and every other club in League One will do come what May.

One thing is for sure, our current position is on merit. One week you'll read opposition fans say Town 'were not all that' (Orient) and the next week you'll read/hear opposition fans say Town are the 'best side they've faced' thus far (Sheff Utd). 3 points are 3 points and all that.

Ultimately, it's only early October.

Don't worry about us. We shall rise or fall accordingly just like Bristol City and every other club in League One will do come what May.

One thing is for sure, our current position is on merit. One week you'll read opposition fans say Town 'were not all that' (Orient) and the next week you'll read/hear opposition fans say Town are the 'best side they've faced' thus far (Sheff Utd). 3 points are 3 points and all that.

Ultimately, it's only early October.

Balanced as ever.

Not sure how true this is, as have not seen them, but seems to be a view that you are better than us in killing off games when ahead?

What I mean by that is every game of ours seems to have another goal in it. Swindon when ahead, seem to be able to slip to another style which is very considered, pass it around a lot, at the back if need be, keeping possesion. Noticable that Swindons possession stats are often very impressive, wheras even when winning our style is still to want to get it forward quickly.

Was two of the best games last season. May well be the same this!

In this league you don't have to be a fantastic team to be up there.

Never did understand these kind of comments.

I doesn't matter what league you are in, a team at or near the top is strong for that league, likewise a team at or near the bottom is weak.

That's an indisputable fact.

One of my best mates is a Swindon fan, he would have been happy with 20th at the start of the season, that much I do know

He is encouraged now, as he should be, and saying they are playing some good stuff - best he's seen since Hoddle

He did send me a text Sat tea time with the table on there, asking me if I was nervous! If we're both still up there it's going to be a cracking game, big crowd, hostile atmosphere, all about who handles all of that the better I guess. I'm sure we'll both have lost one or two before we get to the game, that will be the big test for both clubs

Well City fans as a Swindon fan and reading the Orient forum I think it was sour grapes on their part that we took them to the cleaners and the result was never in doubt. As for some of your fans saying we haven't played anyone of note well a 5-2 stuffing of Sheff utd when really it should have been 8-0 to us it was so one sided and they are supposedly one of the favourites also beating Bradford,Barsley,Orient away are no mean feats as away games are always difficult.

Its early days as we all know and we have a very young team that are playing some great football which is slick and all our players are very comfortable with the ball. I think for both our teams November is the month where I think we are both playing sides around us.

All teams will have a bad spell as well as no team will maintain a winning run throughout the season but I think our young players have learnt a lot from last season as for a lot of them it was their first season in league football and they have come on a lot from a year ago that I know I have my rose tinted glasses on but I haven't seen a side in this league yet who pass it around as we do.

The game in November where we play each other should be a cracker and a few goals as well I reckon hopefully with us coming out on top.

We don't fear any team in this league and if we can maintain our current form it looks promising. Last season we didn't have a recognised striker until January and ended up 8th and with strikers this season who are all scoring its looking good so far.

If Swindon are in a false position, then so are we.

You play what is in front of you, and unless you absolutely fluke a result (and am of the understanding that isn't the case for Swindon) then you end up more of less where you should be.

Will make for a cracking pair of games this season if both them and us remain there or there about in the promotion stakes.

Archived