IGNORED

Swindon In A False Position ?

OldlandReddies

Geographically speaking your old man would think that sandpaper was a map of the Sahara !

I know what he's getting at though .

The Sahara is largely stony, which I'm sure my dad and any other qualified cost and management accountant could have told you...    ;)

The majority of players we have are free and there is only three we paid fees for Luongo, Smith, Obika our player recruitment comes from players that don't quite make the grade at premier league clubs or if they think they can develop a rough diamond from the lower leagues as Cooper has done with Gladwin and there are a couple of others on loan at the moment that he is assessing to see if he can develop them and one of them looks very good and fits into the way we play. 

So all the rubbish about needing money to buy players goes out the window, We've had managers in the past that have paid good money for players and they have flattered to deceive. 

I have every faith in Cooper and Power our chairman who has a lot on contacts in the game from his playing days and has done us proud so far with the players he has brought in.

November no doubt is a key month but we fear no one in this league and why should we. We have good technical players and loads of pace In the side and technically I haven't seen any better players yet from opposing sides.

The game with you lot should be a good game lets hope you sell your allocation this time though which i'm sure you will with both clubs being in the top two places at the moment.

Anyway glad you have gone through to the JPT next round gives you more to think about and glad were out of it as quite honestly I couldn't give a toss about that cup as the rewards are minimal financially.  

Swindon are just as much in a false position as we are. Being up there at this time of the season means you have had a good start, nothing else. Long way to go yet, we need to start building on two goal leads and not sitting back against mid table sides like Walsall before we start asking these kind of questions.

Swindon are just as much in a false position as we are. Being up there at this time of the season means you have had a good start, nothing else. Long way to go yet, we need to start building on two goal leads and not sitting back against mid table sides like Walsall before we start asking these kind of questions.

.....but they fear no one in this league and why should they? :shutup:

Wow a swindle fan lecturing us on selling our allocation of tickets,something we've only failed to do on a couple of occasions, swindle at our place on the other hand!

I know mate, they are all like that! What is it 3 administrations in 25 years? And havent been in the 2nd tier for 15 years, hopefully all this will bite them on the backside when we play them

Archived