IGNORED

A Leader Was The Difference

cottsciderarmy

This isn't a dig at the team but the last two games have shown something to me, our biggest loss on the pitch was the lack of a leader. For 90 minutes against Swindon and all of yesterday there was no one on the pitch to pull the strings and fire up the troops. 

Wade Elliott in many ways has been absolute key this season and it's not just his quality we have missed the last two games but his vision and leadership and the way he gets the team playing.

Yesterday Agard appeared to rush his chances and the last 25 minutes was all a bit hit and hope. JET looked good with the ball and made some telling passes but the quality in the final 3rd let us down and Elliotts vision in the game to bring the team together was missing as we didn't appear to be playing as a team.

Korey Smith and Marlon Pack look too lightweight in the centre together and don't play well together. I would have personally preferred to have seen a formation like this yesterday.

Fielding

Ayling   Flint    Williams

Bryan  Kane

Smith   Waggy

JET

Wilbs

Burns

We've brought this kid Kane in who is meant to be quality yet he warms the bench when Little who has gone off the boil lately still started. We needed to freshen things up with Pace and Kane would have been the answer,

I also think Waggy should have played instead of Pack. Whilst Waggy is not the quality of Wade, he has the experience and he is a good jack of all trades. For me I would have liked to have seen JET get 90 and rest Freeman. JET has got better and better lately and without Elliott in the game, Freeman was never going to get the link up play he has been getting, so we needed someone with more vision on the pitch like JET who could have sort of brought to the game what we missed without Elliott in terms of vision.

I also think if we were playing long ball having Wilbs off the shoulder of Burns would have been better than alongside Agard. Of late Agard has been wasteful of his chances, and was marked out the game a lot. This did give Wilbs more space but Preston wouldn't have seen Burns as big a threat and he could have got unnoticed and unmarked a bit to give him chances, I actually think he would have put away both of Agards chances today. Also he has a quick head and on the ball a nice pace.

Today's game cried out for a bit of pace and freshness and just ran a bit stale for my liking.

We lacked a natural leader on the pitch and we lacked Vision, we missed Wade Elliott badly but some of our players were just starting to look a bit jarred and legged. Little, Freeman, and Agard should all be rested and the team above should be given a chance on Friday to add some freshness to the squad.

In my eyes we lack a leader when Wade isn't able to play and another creative midfielder now looks the main area of strengthening we need in January as we can't afford to take a chance of losing Elliott again this season and having no cover, and Pack is not the answer. A good aging pro on loan until the end of the season will do, and they can also cover Korey when he is rested. Waggy could feel this role but I don't feel Cotts feels he's up to it for whatever reason, but would have preferred him there than Pack today.

We also need striker Cover. Jet and Freeman are similar although I think JET is better but play best in the hole and Agard and Burns are similar. Wilbs will not last the whole season playing every week and we need another strong sturdy solid striker so we can rest him at times.

A creative midfielder on loan and a striker on loan with proven quality would be the way to go.

One thing this club has never done is exploit abroad. The Japanese league season ends in 2 weeks and restarts in May. Out there are some very good footballers and there are always goals in their games. There is a 27yo Brazilian called Patric who plays for Gamba Osaka and he has a killer pass on him and has netted 8 from 16 this season and saw him play in the title challenge game yesterday and he looked quality, every move had him involved and he is a big strong unit. He previously played in Brazil for Vila Nova scoring 14 in 20 and was a good player with 4 goals and 12 assists from 27 for Athletico in Brazil.

The J League is about the same standard as the Championship and J 2 League same as League One, and there's a team called Shonan in the 2JL who have walked the league and scored plenty.

These teams are now on a break until May and we should have a scout out there for the final 2 games of the season as there are a number of fit quality players who would not be on high wages (money is not huge out there) who could come here fit and do a job in the second part of the season.

C Osaka also have a lot of quality and Diego Forlan still plays out there. There's a central midfielder for them called Hotaru Yamaguchi and he is quality, he is only 24 and is lightning and has 10 goals and 28 assists from 94 caps and has only ever played for Osaka. He was going to go on loan to Dortmund this season but they took on the 18yo whiz kid Maruoko instead. 

There are definitely fit and quality players out there to look at given their season is ending and they might be available on loan and would add something to our club and very few clubs look out there.

A lot of the top two flights in Germany have had success in the past from loan players out there, notably Kagawa for Dortmund who eventually signed for them before going to Man United and with wages not high and the chance of promotion football and to get the players noticed world wide there is definitely good reason for both clubs to explore.

There's so much wrong isn't there.....blimey.

If the strikers had finished yesterday we'd have won...would we have still lacked leadership? I think you see what you want to see

Totally agree. On another day we would of been 3 up after 15mins. One of those days.

This isn't a dig at the team but the last two games have shown something to me, our biggest loss on the pitch was the lack of a leader. For 90 minutes against Swindon and all of yesterday there was no one on the pitch to pull the strings and fire up the troops. 

Wade Elliott in many ways has been absolute key this season and it's not just his quality we have missed the last two games but his vision and leadership and the way he gets the team playing.

Yesterday Agard appeared to rush his chances and the last 25 minutes was all a bit hit and hope. JET looked good with the ball and made some telling passes but the quality in the final 3rd let us down and Elliotts vision in the game to bring the team together was missing as we didn't appear to be playing as a team.

Korey Smith and Marlon Pack look too lightweight in the centre together and don't play well together. I would have personally preferred to have seen a formation like this yesterday.

Fielding

Ayling   Flint    Williams

Bryan  Kane

Smith   Waggy

JET

Wilbs

Burns

We've brought this kid Kane in who is meant to be quality yet he warms the bench when Little who has gone off the boil lately still started. We needed to freshen things up with Pace and Kane would have been the answer,

I also think Waggy should have played instead of Pack. Whilst Waggy is not the quality of Wade, he has the experience and he is a good jack of all trades. For me I would have liked to have seen JET get 90 and rest Freeman. JET has got better and better lately and without Elliott in the game, Freeman was never going to get the link up play he has been getting, so we needed someone with more vision on the pitch like JET who could have sort of brought to the game what we missed without Elliott in terms of vision.

I also think if we were playing long ball having Wilbs off the shoulder of Burns would have been better than alongside Agard. Of late Agard has been wasteful of his chances, and was marked out the game a lot. This did give Wilbs more space but Preston wouldn't have seen Burns as big a threat and he could have got unnoticed and unmarked a bit to give him chances, I actually think he would have put away both of Agards chances today. Also he has a quick head and on the ball a nice pace.

Today's game cried out for a bit of pace and freshness and just ran a bit stale for my liking.

We lacked a natural leader on the pitch and we lacked Vision, we missed Wade Elliott badly but some of our players were just starting to look a bit jarred and legged. Little, Freeman, and Agard should all be rested and the team above should be given a chance on Friday to add some freshness to the squad.

In my eyes we lack a leader when Wade isn't able to play and another creative midfielder now looks the main area of strengthening we need in January as we can't afford to take a chance of losing Elliott again this season and having no cover, and Pack is not the answer. A good aging pro on loan until the end of the season will do, and they can also cover Korey when he is rested. Waggy could feel this role but I don't feel Cotts feels he's up to it for whatever reason, but would have preferred him there than Pack today.

We also need striker Cover. Jet and Freeman are similar although I think JET is better but play best in the hole and Agard and Burns are similar. Wilbs will not last the whole season playing every week and we need another strong sturdy solid striker so we can rest him at times.

A creative midfielder on loan and a striker on loan with proven quality would be the way to go.

One thing this club has never done is exploit abroad. The Japanese league season ends in 2 weeks and restarts in May. Out there are some very good footballers and there are always goals in their games. There is a 27yo Brazilian called Patric who plays for Gamba Osaka and he has a killer pass on him and has netted 8 from 16 this season and saw him play in the title challenge game yesterday and he looked quality, every move had him involved and he is a big strong unit. He previously played in Brazil for Vila Nova scoring 14 in 20 and was a good player with 4 goals and 12 assists from 27 for Athletico in Brazil.

The J League is about the same standard as the Championship and J 2 League same as League One, and there's a team called Shonan in the 2JL who have walked the league and scored plenty.

These teams are now on a break until May and we should have a scout out there for the final 2 games of the season as there are a number of fit quality players who would not be on high wages (money is not huge out there) who could come here fit and do a job in the second part of the season.

C Osaka also have a lot of quality and Diego Forlan still plays out there. There's a central midfielder for them called Hotaru Yamaguchi and he is quality, he is only 24 and is lightning and has 10 goals and 28 assists from 94 caps and has only ever played for Osaka. He was going to go on loan to Dortmund this season but they took on the 18yo whiz kid Maruoko instead. 

There are definitely fit and quality players out there to look at given their season is ending and they might be available on loan and would add something to our club and very few clubs look out there.

A lot of the top two flights in Germany have had success in the past from loan players out there, notably Kagawa for Dortmund who eventually signed for them before going to Man United and with wages not high and the chance of promotion football and to get the players noticed world wide there is definitely good reason for both clubs to explore.

Archived