IGNORED

Fc City Of Bristol

Eddie Hitler

Don't people realise that the " men in suits ' who make anti fan decisions take their orders from sl who ultimately employs them! SL has employed these people to take the club in the direction that he wants it to go in! He's not just sitting in gurnsey allowing people from Bristol sport to do what they want!

I suspect the SL instruction to the 'men in suits' is to make the Club more family friendly. Me thinks that SL doesn't want repeats of aggressive pitch invasions and media coverage of football-related violence in pubs etc.

In most organisations, implementation of the owner's vision and day-to-day management is left to the 'men in suits'. Speculation, but I would suggest to find favour with SL, the 'men in suits' are 1) trying to cleanse the Club of what they think are, or potentially are, trouble makers and 2) give a Disney-type experience. Hence the stance on 1) unreserved areas, ultras flags, standing etc and 2) Bubblegate.

Sadly, the 'men in suits' ain't got a clue about football fan culture and need to be reigned-in rapidly, otherwise, they are going to hack off a lot of ordinary fans and will turn the Gate into a morgue.

There seems to be a consensus of opinion that mistakenly believes ultras are welcome at non league grounds. I also attend matches at Mangotsfield United and last season they had a problem with ultras letting off smoke bombs and the like. The FA threatened to close the ground down if this wasn't stamped out so the club took action and banned the ultras. 

There seems to be a consensus of opinion that mistakenly believes ultras are welcome at non league grounds. I also attend matches at Mangotsfield United and last season they had a problem with ultras letting off smoke bombs and the like. The FA threatened to close the ground down if this wasn't stamped out so the club took action and banned the ultras. 

Can you not use facts please? It gets in the way of people venting their spleen. 

Nah mate, there's nothing wrong with the club we have at the moment... For those of you who don't like Bristol Sport, you might just have to accept it. It makes financial sense and is our best chance of having a go at pushing towards the premier league.

I'm actually really liking the whole Bristol Sport model. Never before had I enjoyed the success of the basketball side nor did I know there was one! Never before have I followed the Rugby and not for a long time have I felt like Bristol City football club is going in the right direction with a real sense of excitement of what the future holds. New stadium, which may I say looks incredible, team playing good football, good manager, strong budget, extra revenue funds gained from the other Bristol Sport teams.

Coincidence that everyone under the Bristol Sport banner is doing well? I think not.

Just my opinion.

It is an interesting concept, however for me there is that stupid thing called pride, loyalty and ctid and still a thought that one day we will be Bristol city, ONE team in Bristol and also walking away from all that history (however good or bad) would be really difficult to do for the unknown.

IF and it is a big IF the club got renamed away from Bristol City or merged with the gas i may have a rethink, but saying that

if a merge with the gas happened some fans from both clubs would jump to a so called club you suggest as Fc City of Bristol

so it would be the same thing??? you would get splinter groups/teams all over the place,,, not good,

I guess we need to stick with the Bristol City family and run with it and see what the next 5 years will evolve us to.

So at the moment it is a NO for me.

NEVER GIVE UP!! They never in 1982 :)

never-give-up.jpg

Bristol Sport...makes financial sense and is our best chance of having a go at pushing towards the premier league.

Just my opinion.

Any chance you could qualify that statement?

Please bear in mind that, to my knowledge, nobody has any problem with a back-office organisation running certain affairs of joint interest to Bristol City and the rugby team doing the ground share. Therefore, nobody has a problem with "Bristol Sport" itself. 

Please, therefore, explain why setting up a separate brand (that nobody is going to be interested in), and investing in that brand, makes financial sense.

Are you the Judean People's Front?

REG: **** off!

BRIAN: What?

REG: Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean People's Front. Cawk.

FRANCIS: *******.

BRIAN: Can I... join your group?

07_brian.jpg

REG: No. Piss off.

BRIAN: I didn't want to sell this stuff. It's only a job. I hate the Romans as much as anybody.

PEOPLE'S FRONT OF JUDEA: Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhh. Shh. Shhhh.

REG: Schtum.

JUDITH: Are you sure?

BRIAN: Oh, dead sure. I hate the Romans already.

REG: Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have to really hate the Romans.

BRIAN: I do!

REG: Oh, yeah? How much?

BRIAN: A lot!

REG: Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans are the ******* Judean People's Front.

P.F.J.: Yeah...

JUDITH: Splitters.

P.F.J.: Splitters...

FRANCIS: And the Judean Popular People's Front.

P.F.J.: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

LORETTA: And the People's Front of Judea.

P.F.J.:Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

REG: What?

LORETTA: The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.

REG: We're the People's Front of Judea!

LORETTA: Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.

REG: People's Front! C-huh.

FRANCIS: Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?

REG: He's over there.

P.F.J.: Splitter!

Yea, I didn't read your post...

What do I think?

I think that if anyone is seriously considering ditching BCFC over a bubble machine and the word Ultra, then it says pretty much everything i need to know about these "support"ers. 

Thanks for the reply, it says pretty much everything I need to know about Bristol Sport's attitude towards the fans of BCFC.

We are also "custom"ers providing feedback in various ways that all is not well for some with the "custom"er experience.

Isn't that what "custom"ers do?

I can't help but think us old gits had the best of it in the 60s/70s. If you wanted a sing song you'd stand in the middle three blocks of the East End, if you wanted to wave a flag (almost always a Union Jack with BCFC on, or a bed sheet with City rule OK sprayed on it) you could.

(Safe) standing will return at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Please bear in mind that, to my knowledge, nobody has any problem with a back-office organisation running certain affairs of joint interest to Bristol City and the rugby team doing the ground share. Therefore, nobody has a problem with "Bristol Sport" itself.

Please, therefore, explain why setting up a separate brand (that nobody is going to be interested in), and investing in that brand, makes financial sense.

Because from a marketing point of view it provides a bridge between the various sports clubs, enabling cross-promotion and encouraging growth in the fan base of each member club, and also gives sport in Bristol as a whole a stronger identity - a city that does not have a strong association with sport in general but will soon have a 27,000 seater stadium it needs to fill.

A simple concept, potentially very effective and I suspect the vast majority of us are on board with it.

Because from a marketing point of view it provides a bridge between the various sports clubs, enabling cross-promotion and encouraging growth in the fan base of each member club, and also gives sport in Bristol as a whole a stronger identity - a city that does not have a strong association with sport in general but will soon have a 27,000 seater stadium it needs to fill.

A simple concept, potentially very effective and I suspect the vast majority of us are on board with it.

it's working, we (the family) are planning to go to a basketball game, I know rugby fans who are coming to football and so on. It's creating interest.

The "various sports clubs"? Bristol City and Bristol Rugby. Sharing Bristol City's ground. The rest is window-dressing. No need whatsoever to create an over-arching brand to get rugby fans to come and watch City and vice versa. The rest is irrelevant / hot air. 

FC United of Manchester were name-checked by EMB on another thread suggesting anybody who isn't for the BS experiment hankers after this lower league ramshackle football (though let's try to keep BS off thsi thread please).

Now I do go to the odd non-league game (not the gas in the giddy heights of the conference) and enjoy the atmosphere.  It's not what I want for Bristol City, I want success and a Premier League place, but if there was an FC City of Bristol then I would certainly go along for a few games. Not in a spirit of protest but as a complementary team to the main club, an option to watch when the away game is too remote for all but the most dedicated.  FA trophy games, standing to watch the game, cup of coffee from a van.  I do love all of that.

FC City of Bristol anyone?

FC United - formed by fans protesting against the owners from outside the area/club putting the club in massive debt. A tiny % of their fan base set up and attend FC United in protest, but many now go to both FCU and Man U on alternate weekends.

AFC Wimbledon - formed by fans after the whole club moved away, whilst in dire financial straits - leaving the existing / historic fan base no choice but to set up a local club from scratch. 

FC City of Bristol - formed after local guy becomes billionaire, invests in his home town club, eventually clears all debts, sells some of his personal stake in the business he founded to pump into the club, the players and now the ground. Gets three more local teams to play there to get the most from the asset to try and restrict losses, can't call them Bristol City Rugby or Bristol City Ladies or Bristol City Basketball otherwise half the city wouldn't turn up ever, or change their colours to red for the same reason. Club continues to invest whilst making losses so to avoid FFP penalties some costs are apportioned to other Ltd Cos. Some of the fans fail to realise that each year the club makes a loss, they are effectively being subsidised each week to turn up and support the team. This isn't enough for the more narcissistic/paranoid/boneheaded/alcoholic of them so they decide to form their own club where they can do whatever they want, like wave flags and stand and drink beer and set off fireworks and laugh at the 'BCFC saddos' still watching top level football, whilst running their new club at a profit unlike 99% of all other football clubs in the UK. But their mouths and trousers are bigger than their wallets and energy levels/ability to inspire and organised plus no bugger turns up to the second meeting or wants to play for them except Fans & Players formerly Known as Gas/Swine/Yeovil/Crapdiff/Plymuff ad infinitum...  

FC United - formed by fans protesting against the owners from outside the area/club putting the club in massive debt. A tiny % of their fan base set up and attend FC United in protest, but many now go to both FCU and Man U on alternate weekends.

AFC Wimbledon - formed by fans after the whole club moved away, whilst in dire financial straits - leaving the existing / historic fan base no choice but to set up a local club from scratch. 

FC City of Bristol - formed after local guy becomes billionaire, invests in his home town club, eventually clears all debts, sells some of his personal stake in the business he founded to pump into the club, the players and now the ground. Gets three more local teams to play there to get the most from the asset to try and restrict losses, can't call them Bristol City Rugby or Bristol City Ladies or Bristol City Basketball otherwise half the city wouldn't turn up ever, or change their colours to red for the same reason. Club continues to invest whilst making losses so to avoid FFP penalties some costs are apportioned to other Ltd Cos. Some of the fans fail to realise that each year the club makes a loss, they are effectively being subsidised each week to turn up and support the team. This isn't enough for the more narcissistic/paranoid/boneheaded/alcoholic of them so they decide to form their own club where they can do whatever they want, like wave flags and stand and drink beer and set off fireworks and laugh at the 'BCFC saddos' still watching top level football, whilst running their new club at a profit unlike 99% of all other football clubs in the UK. But their mouths and trousers are bigger than their wallets and energy levels/ability to inspire and organised plus no bugger turns up to the second meeting or wants to play for them except Fans & Players formerly Known as Gas/Swine/Yeovil/Crapdiff/Plymuff ad infinitum...  

:facepalm:

FC Bristol have nothing to offer to me. I still have my one true love, BCFC.

Guess what... I don't like BRistol Sport. Not one bit. Commercially it is a fantastic idea, but football is not similar to other sports because of the financial complexities involved and the inability to operate within a conventional business-like manner. It also devalues BCFC, like it or not, it does.

But, we have a benefactor we can trust and rely upon. My worry is in a few years we are the next Blackburn rovers 10 years or so ago, or Wigan post phelan. Nonetheless, I do believe we are stable, we are secure and we do have a club we can and should all be proud of.

CTIB, OTIB.... UNAN

Both clubs achieved a lot more, possibly at less of a price; who knows.

I get your point though, however surely we will have Jon (junior) around the "football club" for a good while longer yet, so mo need to panic......

I hope.

The "various sports clubs"? Bristol City and Bristol Rugby. Sharing Bristol City's ground. The rest is window-dressing. No need whatsoever to create an over-arching brand to get rugby fans to come and watch City and vice versa. The rest is irrelevant / hot air. 

Were you sacked by Bristol Sport?  You seem to be very bitter and deliberately (I hope, or you are monumentally stupid) misunderstanding the reason for Bristol Sport.

People have already stated that they are "interested" in going to the rugby or the basketball due to the irrelevant Bristol Sport brand.

Rather makes your argument look....empty hollow non-existent.

Firstly, I'll assume you mean quantify in your first statement. No, I can't quantify it because there is physically no way I could source data to support that right now. However, I believe Bristol Sport as a model makes sense and under that one banner it brings all the clubs together creating a massive financial pool to source from. Bringing operations under one group also saves costs massively as the same systems, tickets etc can be used for every team. Furthermore, other teams (under the Bristol Sport banner) successes bring in money which can become available to us. I appreciate that money from our success could be accessed by other teams however football being football, our expenditure will be much higher and a larger proportion of the financial 'pool' will be available to us therefore improving the financial position of Bristol City. The building of the stadium has also been aided greatly by Bristol Sport being at the head of operations both financially and logistically.

Why should you invest in the 'brand'? Well, firstly, I wouldn't look on it as a brand; it's a banner under which all the clubs/teams can operate. Secondly, success. Look at how well all the teams under the banner are doing! There is not one team doing badly. Basketball, doing fairly well in what I believe is their first season in the BBL (I think that's what it's called). Rugby, destroying the opposition in the championship and looking likely for promotion. The strength of the financial pool I speak of can be seen in the signings they have made. Gavin Henson, some international Italian bloke etc. etc. And us, top of the league by 8 points! 

So, to conclude invest in it because it's a chance for success! If not that, then because you are proud of your City and sport in Bristol. This is a chance for all of it to come together and the City to finally take some pride and interest in it's sport teams! Of which you can admit, there isn't much support considering the size of the City and the area around it with which people could be drawn in due to the lack of a major settlement for some way! Cardiff doesn't count!

Archived