IGNORED

Rochdale

Super

Yup, roughed us up a bit and wouldn't let us settle. By no means the worst side we have played. I admired how even though they were a goal down they never have up, infact they became stronger and finished more positively than us. A hard team to play against.

Not sure I'd go as far saying they clearly deserved all three points. They played well, saw more of the ball than us and denied us any space. But, other than the free kick, Fielding only had to make one decent save and on the whole I thought we defended very well. We also took our chance. On balance I'd say a draw would probably have been the fairest result.

Credit to Rochdale though, a decent side at this level.

Not sure I'd go as far saying they clearly deserved all three points. They played well, saw more of the ball than us and denied us any space. But, other than the free kick, Fielding only had to make one decent save and on the whole I thought we defended very well. We also took our chance. On balance I'd say a draw would probably have been the fairest result.

Credit to Rochdale though, a decent side at this level.

I would. We were completely outplayed. Great 3 points though.

I would. We were completely outplayed. Great 3 points though.

We were outplayed, I don't disagree. I'm just always reluctant to say any team deserved to lose if they took their chance(s) and the other team didn't. Ultimately if a team has failed to put the ball into the net as many times as the opposition, did they really deserve to win? They haven't achieved what was necessary to win the match.

If they'd been denied a stonewall penalty or the ball had crossed the line and it not been given, or something of that nature, I'd be more willing to accept we deserved to lose. But that wasn't the case today.

Hopefully they still have to play some of our rivals. I was very impressed with them all over the pitch and they clearly deserved the 3 points.

League One

Preston V Rochdale

Fri 3 Apr 15:00

League One

Rochdale V Swindon

Tue 14 Apr 19:45

League One

Rochdale V MK Dons

Sat 25 Apr 15:00

Away on a Tuesday night could be a tricky tie for Swindle.

MK dons penultimate game

Fair play we got battered in the 2nd half up at Spotland and escaped with a very valuable point.

Today they hit the bar, brought out a superb save from frankie, shot into the ground that bounced over the bar and missed a free header.

Thank god that's them out the way, but they are only seven points behind sixth place with two games in hand so they will be gunning for the others around us!

Rochdale a very good side BUT they could not break us down.

A fantastic three points for us that cements my opinion that we are destined for the title.

They missed two sitters and forced several challenging stops from Fielding.

Bar our goal, we barely threatened.

Showing top of the table resilience, we managed to hold on.

We were ran ragged today and were second best. Maybe we were a bit tired?! They could've also been run down, as this season gets nearer to the end.

Just to reiterate, they were better and deserved 3 points more than us. We were resilient and didn't roll over, but were also lucky.

Best team I've seen at our ground this season, better game (and away performance) than when West Ham played us.

I said on the way out , if I was a Rochdale fan I'd feel slightly robbed.

Probably a good striker away from being right in the mix , Ref didn't help us early on allowed a lot o pushing and stopped play a lot. Later he was poor for both teams, not quite on it today with our passing and defended deeper and made them play in front of us. 

Thought Wade made a difference doing what he did best last year , get it hold it give it and always available.

Interesting formation after Tavernier came on..... back four ...... with wing backs.  :blink:

All that counts is the win.

I said on the way out , if I was a Rochdale fan I'd feel slightly robbed.

Probably a good striker away from being right in the mix , Ref didn't help us early on allowed a lot o pushing and stopped play a lot. Later he was poor for both teams, not quite on it today with our passing and defended deeper and made them play in front of us. 

Thought Wade made a difference doing what he did best last year , get it hold it give it and always available.

Interesting formation after Tavernier came on..... back four ...... with wing backs.  :blink:

All that counts is the win.

Funny how opinions differ I thought Wade was awful.

Archived