IGNORED

Rochdale

Super

Probably due to the fact Rochdale spent 36 consecutive years in the bottom tier from 1974-2010.. Another truly bizzare stat!

Even more bizzare is the fact that in six games neither team has scored more than one goal. Three 1-0s, two 1-1s and a 0-0. I'm no mathematician but I'm sure that's statistically significant.

Not sure I'd go as far saying they clearly deserved all three points. They played well, saw more of the ball than us and denied us any space. But, other than the free kick, Fielding only had to make one decent save and on the whole I thought we defended very well. We also took our chance. On balance I'd say a draw would probably have been the fairest result.

Credit to Rochdale though, a decent side at this level.

I'd agree with this.

They were hard working, solid and direct.

Not sure if we were off our game or they cancelled us out today. Either way it was a great 3 points and I'm hopefull that Rochdale will help us out before the season is over.

Funny how opinions differ I thought Wade was awful.

I think you watched a different game today. We can't steam roller teams every week and I'd say today was largely worthy of credit to them rather that criticism towards us.

They clearly can't score.

Won the midfield battle though, even when we had six men in there.

Today was more a reflection on our weaknesses and tiredness though than Rochdale's strength IMO.

They clearly missed Matt Done(/Dunne..?)

With a decent striker, Rochdale would be right up there in the league IMO.

They clearly can't score.

Won the midfield battle though, even when we had six men in there.

Today was more a reflection on our weaknesses and tiredness though than Rochdale's strength IMO.

Top scorers in the league away from home even after our match, so they clearly can score. A clean sheet against them was a better achievement than some realise.

Top scorers in the league away from home even after our match, so they clearly can score. A clean sheet against them was a better achievement than some realise.

Other than the great save Fielding had to make, I don't think he was overworked. I hadn't read that stat,but clearly they didn't have their shooting boots on yesterday. The way they were able to move through our midfield was terrifying.

Other than the great save Fielding had to make, I don't think he was overworked. I hadn't read that stat,but clearly they didn't have their shooting boots on yesterday. The way they were able to move through our midfield was terrifying.

We were lucky that he wasn't overworked !! Header in the first half should have scored but two of theirs went for it and the guy hit the ball into the ground and bounced over when it looked easier to score.  Their keeper only had one save to make that I can remember , although things didn't seem to drop for us in the box.

As I said before , a decent striker away from being a very good side. With luck they can pick up points from the chasing sides.

On another day Rochdale could very easily have scored 4 and we'd be looking at a bigger inquest than the Colchester game.

Happily things very much went our way yesterday, but that won't won't always be the case and though we battled hard throughout we didn't appear to have another gear had it been needed.

We need to improve hugely, stamp our authority on teams from the start, and show them exactly why Bristol City are top of the table.

Otherwise this run of 3 away games in quick succession could prove to be unexpectedly painful.

I said on the way out , if I was a Rochdale fan I'd feel slightly robbed.

Probably a good striker away from being right in the mix , Ref didn't help us early on allowed a lot o pushing and stopped play a lot. Later he was poor for both teams, not quite on it today with our passing and defended deeper and made them play in front of us. 

Thought Wade made a difference doing what he did best last year , get it hold it give it and always available.

Interesting formation after Tavernier came on..... back four ...... with wing backs.  :blink:

All that counts is the win.

someone like Matt Done for example ?

a point would of been fair,

I thought we did something Saturday that we haven't done in a long long time, that was win ugly,

Grinding out results is going to be key to winning the league, we don't want to be caught on the break 3 times like against sheffiled or go in to a match and think we just have to show up like Col U,

Don't know who their no 40 was, but a few minutes before half time he went up for a header with Flinty, didn't like the outcome, and was having a go for a long time after.

Right in Flints face, little kicks and pokes. To Adens credit he did his best to shrug him off and ignore him.,.......nice one, still no yellow cards??

In the second half this bloke dropped deeper, which calmed things down a bit, lucky for him I'd say!

Anybody know who he is?

Don't know who their no 40 was, but a few minutes before half time he went up for a header with Flinty, didn't like the outcome, and was having a go for a long time after.

Right in Flints face, little kicks and pokes. To Adens credit he did his best to shrug him off and ignore him.,.......nice one, still no yellow cards??

In the second half this bloke dropped deeper, which calmed things down a bit, lucky for him I'd say!

Anybody know who he is?

Ian Henderson. Canny lower league journeyman but decent.

Archived