IGNORED

Mark Cooper

YorkshireSection

Just a quick word about Mark Cooper, what he has done at that club is miraculous.

Not only has he got them up into the play offs, he's done so with no money and playing, really attractive football.

I don't like the cheating, it's not part of the game that I enjoy, even if it benefits us.

I'm sure he will,go on to bigger and better things.

Hopefully we won't need to replace SC, but if we did then he'd be my number one choice.

Imagine what he could do if he had a few quid to spend!

Good luck to him, just not whilst he's at that toilet of a club.

He's a good manager, and they do play some very nice stuff, but the cheating, snide off the ball stuff and playacting is part of their gameplan and he clearly either encourages and/or condones it, or simply doesn't command sufficient respect in the dressing room to stop them doing it.

Yes every team will have their moments for such things, City included, but I'd be embarrassed if we carried on like they do every week.

I for one can't be doing with giving him stick. He's a Cooper after all. They play the best football in the division, along with MKD, and he is a promising manager poss putting his apprenticeship mistakes behind him.

Agree the nasty side of their team is disgusting, but to me it seems like the Prem loanees think they are all that what with their beards and haircuts and foreign call-ups, something Cooper has to manage as best he can, prob by turning a blind eye to the cheating. Agreed he should stamp it out but that may lose him those players, figuratively or literally. 

Like with Lee Johnson, I'm too old for giving people like Coops stick. I'd rather get behind the Reds and make that the atmosphere that Cotts talks about...

I for one can't be doing with giving him stick. He's a Cooper after all. They play the best football in the division, along with MKD, and he is a promising manager poss putting his apprenticeship mistakes behind him.

Agree the nasty side of their team is disgusting, but to me it seems like the Prem loanees think they are all that what with their beards and haircuts and foreign call-ups, something Cooper has to manage as best he can, prob by turning a blind eye to the cheating. Agreed he should stamp it out but that may lose him those players, figuratively or literally. 

Like with Lee Johnson, I'm too old for giving people like Coops stick. I'd rather get behind the Reds and make that the atmosphere that Cotts talks about...

Or he could say "if I see you cheating I'll drop you for the next game, you're making the club and me look like this is what we're about".

Can't be bothered to waste my breath on him Surge

he was an arrogant mouthy teenager around the clubwhen his father was doing our club so proud

And more relevance - he is head of that shower of ******

Head rat of rats

He should take a leaf out of Joe Jordan's book - when Robbie Turner seriously assaulted a Preston centre half in tunnel at half time he was out the door

He's a good manager, and they do play some very nice stuff, but the cheating, snide off the ball stuff and playacting is part of their gameplan and he clearly either encourages and/or condones it, or simply doesn't command sufficient respect in the dressing room to stop them doing it.

Yes every team will have their moments for such things, City included, but I'd be embarrassed if we carried on like they do every week.

Perhaps he would do well managing a Prem team then?

This - well put Northern

• Admin

Just a quick word about Mark Cooper, what he has done at that club is miraculous.

Not only has he got them up into the play offs, he's done so with no money and playing, really attractive football.

I don't like the cheating, it's not part of the game that I enjoy, even if it benefits us.

I'm sure he will,go on to bigger and better things.

Hopefully we won't need to replace SC, but if we did then he'd be my number one choice.

Imagine what he could do if he had a few quid to spend!

Good luck to him, just not whilst he's at that toilet of a club.

Would disagree, not seen anything apart from this temporary push from Swindle this season to say he has anything to offer to us.

Swindle most likely wont acheive anything this season, we could employ a long list of average managers who could do the same for us

No idea why he would be your number 1 choice, not sure he would even be in my top 10 choices.

The way HIS side play says alot about the type of manager he is!

No reason to wish him luck, but you are correct in that he is at a toilet of a club!

Bit like Leeds of the Seventies   ... TC and all!

Bit like Leeds of the Seventies ... TC and all!

Exactly the point I was about to make..... They didn't come more physical that Norm Brenner Jordon and co, ...difference being nowadays with so many 'tackles' of yesteryear being totally outlawed, its the snidey less obvious (usually) nasty side that Cooper jnr seems to have taken from his dads era. Revie's Leeds had bags of skill and quality but a hardness the like of which we haven't seen since perhaps Vinny at the original Dons.Cheating and gamesmanship as in taking advantage of rightly stricter/tougher refereeing nowadays sadly has given rise to the divers, the 'get someone else carded' culture rather than in Leeds time when dirty play and intimidation

while avoiding punishment if possible seemed to be the gameplan or rule of thumb.

Seems Cooper jnr, has taken what he can get away with from the past and blended that with the worst of today's crafty cheating and diving ways of the modern game.

Like his dads Leeds, junior Coopers Swindon can 'play a bit' too.

I preferred the oldtime dirties though, it was nasty, but kind of honest and open rather than snidey .... TC, Norman, Big Joe Jordon did it in a different way and wgen they ended up at the Gate we loved them.. Jnr may still learn, if so, he won't become an opposition fans favourite but he will achieve success and make his mark (spot the pun) in the game.

Drop the ' cheating ' Swindon, man up and mature and your lot could become almost as classy as us... Almost! ..BUT they've got loads to sort out first.

It's before my time so excuse my ignorance but who was his Dad and what's the story with both of them at City?

That aside, he's clearly doing a very good job at Swindon but I don't like the man. He doesn't come across well and clearly encourages their bad discipline as well as being just as bad as his players when we met in November.

The guy is a grade A *****. I hope next season is a real struggle for them after they've cheated, dived, and loaned their way to success this season.

The gamesmanship his side play is disgusting, and completely anti-football. Yesterday was a prime example - him and all the other players that were suspended (like that coward Thompson) or injured, stood on the side of the pitch watching us warm up, then standing behind the practice goal during our shooting practice. Conveniently they all left and went down the tunnell as soon as our warm up was done.

Heard extremely bad things about him when his dad was at the club, probably explains why Swindon play how they play.

.....and breathe.....

• Admin

He just can't help mentioning the money....

"When they've got a multi-million pound squad"

"That's why they're top of the league....and earning a lot more money than we can pay our players".

I'm not looking forward to the huge fine & transfer embargo heading our way in the Summer. Oh hang on, we are meeting our FFP obligations. Do one L1.

Exactly the point I was about to make..... They didn't come more physical that Norm Brenner Jordon and co, ...difference being nowadays with so many 'tackles' of yesteryear being totally outlawed, its the snidey less obvious (usually) nasty side that Cooper jnr seems to have taken from his dads era. Revie's Leeds had bags of skill and quality but a hardness the like of which we haven't seen since perhaps Vinny at the original Dons.Cheating and gamesmanship as in taking advantage of rightly stricter/tougher refereeing nowadays sadly has given rise to the divers, the 'get someone else carded' culture rather than in Leeds time when dirty play and intimidation

while avoiding punishment if possible seemed to be the gameplan or rule of thumb.

Seems Cooper jnr, has taken what he can get away with from the past and blended that with the worst of today's crafty cheating and diving ways of the modern game.

Like his dads Leeds, junior Coopers Swindon can 'play a bit' too.

I preferred the oldtime dirties though, it was nasty, but kind of honest and open rather than snidey .... TC, Norman, Big Joe Jordon did it in a different way and wgen they ended up at the Gate we loved them.. Jnr may still learn, if so, he won't become an opposition fans favourite but he will achieve success and make his mark (spot the pun) in the game.

Drop the ' cheating ' Swindon, man up and mature and your lot could become almost as classy as us... Almost! ..BUT they've got loads to sort out first.

There was plenty of diving and conning refs back in the day, not as much as today but it was not uncommon at all.

The guy is a grade A *****. I hope next season is a real struggle for them after they've cheated, dived, and loaned their way to success this season.

The gamesmanship his side play is disgusting, and completely anti-football. Yesterday was a prime example - him and all the other players that were suspended (like that coward Thompson) or injured, stood on the side of the pitch watching us warm up, then standing behind the practice goal during our shooting practice. Conveniently they all left and went down the tunnell as soon as our warm up was done.

Heard extremely bad things about him when his dad was at the club, probably explains why Swindon play how they play.

.....and breathe.....

A great pity, considering who his father is.

Archived