IGNORED

2,400 Fans

QA22

What happened to the other 204?

And did NO-ONE potd?

Considering we sold more tickets than the 'official' total on the day plus the fact I know people who were POTD then clearly 2400 is incorrect...not that it actually matters. Obviously if we had 2 'bloggers' in the Post like the Gas boring the shit out of anyone who still reads the EP then you could expect a w@nky cringefest write up about it on Monday.

Once again though, a superb following from City especially as plenty who went today would've gone to Oldham a week ago.

Sheff Utd brought 2,800 in the FA cup, and definitely filled more of the stand than you guys.

I know from experience what 3,000 looks like in that stand, and 2,400 was about right.

The whole right hand side blocks, past the goals, were empty. With netting on the front, and half a block empty/cordoned off at the Invincibles side.

Great set of supporters though.

The figure of 2,600 pre sales was obviously wrong.

As you say though, you're not bothered; and will hopefully be back next season.

That end holds 6k before the Virgin covers. Going off other away support including uniteds 4500 & speaking to others it was about/approx 2700. It doesn't really ******* matter really does it, you support was class today except when we scored, I was on your left side invincibles stand, your faces were a ******* picture. Like I suppose ours were when you scabbed one. See you next season hopefully

That end holds 6k before the Virgin covers. Going off other away support including uniteds 4500 & speaking to others it was about/approx 2700. It doesn't really ******* matter really does it, you support was class today except when we scored, I was on your left side invincibles stand, your faces were a ******* picture. Like I suppose ours were when you scabbed one. See you next season hopefully

How would you describe 'scabbed' one? We by far the better side and it was the least we deserved.

But yeh let's hope it's you who join us!

Oh no swearing on the city forum eh!

Nope! We are not aloud to ******* swear on this forum. I think it's a ******* disgrace that we can't ******* swear but there's not a ******* thing we can do about it. Not to ******* worry though!

You can't even type in S****horpe :)

The 'how many did you take to....'

Has been a 'my dicks bigger than yours debate for eternity' !!!

I always judge away support by, if I was a player would I appreciate the fans support ( Could be 80 supporters travelling 600 miles on a November Tuesday night or thousands at a important game) and did they help ( no point in having thousands of supporters who don't make a peep)

As at many / most City away ventures I would guess and hope the players would say yes on both counts yesterday :D

It does really matter.  It means PNE aren't paying tax on some of their income.  Which is wrong.

Obviously, it's possible that a fair few pre-paid didn't turn up and their were a handful of POTD.  Or a few pre-paid didn't turn up and there were only a few POTD.  My money is on:..........tax evasion by PNE.

I'd be interested to know how many other games where the pre-paid are less than the actual attendance.

• Admin

It does really matter. It means PNE aren't paying tax on some of their income. Which is wrong.

Obviously, it's possible that a fair few pre-paid didn't turn up and their were a handful of POTD. Or a few pre-paid didn't turn up and there were only a few POTD. My money is on:..........tax evasion by PNE.

I'd be interested to know how many other games where the pre-paid are less than the actual attendance.

I wouldn't rule out the additional option of "City got their pre sale ticket sums wrong". Afterall, it wouldn't be the first time City made a mistake with ticketing.

Actually, lets hope they didn't, Preston clearly don't expect us to forward them the proceeds of 2604 presale tickets ;)

Blimey Chivs :laugh:

Glass houses n all that ;)

I can remember when some of the gates have been announced at AG over the years and the crowd have just pissed themselves with laughter

Oh, I know!  BCFC aren't above this.  I was amazed at the attendance for one of the cup games this year.  Can't remember which (Oxford or Telford) but it definitely felt like more people were in the ground than announced.

I wouldn't rule out the additional option of "City got their pre sale ticket sums wrong". Afterall, it wouldn't be the first time City made a mistake with ticketing.

Actually, lets hope they didn't, Preston clearly don't expect us to forward them the proceeds of 2604 presale tickets ;)

I can see it now.  Someone in the ticket office stumbles and knocks the abacus over.  Looks around quickly, no-one notices, so he puts the abacus upright and spreads some of the beads around.  Job's a good'un - 2604.

• Admin

Oh, I know! BCFC aren't above this. I was amazed at the attendance for one of the cup games this year. Can't remember which (Oxford or Telford) but it definitely felt like more people were in the ground than announced.

I can see it now. Someone in the ticket office stumbles and knocks the abacus over. Looks around quickly, no-one notices, so he puts the abacus upright and spreads some of the beads around. Job's a good'un - 2604.

Chivs, you get a genuine "lol" for that abacus reply :D

But can't stand around laughing for too long, this Flint said no no no song isn't gonna sing itself!

Except when you scored? By the time kick off had resumed all you could hear was us and you'd already gone quiet. Our faces probably were a picture though!

The 2600 quoted by the club last week was wrong as it included 350 tickets returned to Preston (I would assume to be used for pay on the day). The correct pre-match sales was more like 2250 with 150+ pay on the day...

They did the same with MK dons sales earlier in the year quoting a total including a batch that had been returned but they corrected that figure quickly 

Archived