IGNORED

Fao: All Taunton Based City Fans. Ttfc Play Offs

Tauntonian

you may or may not know taunton town have reached the play offs for the first time in years and i believe they have never been as high up as the league above (southern prem). so please go and support the boys as these are some of the most important games in their history, and given the size of the town they really need to start making the step up.

they will be playing either evesham or stratford upon avon. both team are in the worcester area. the away games next tuesday and theres coaches taking fans from tauntons ground. the home game will be the following weekend id imagine.

you may or may not know taunton town have reached the play offs for the first time in years and i believe they have never been as high up as the league above (southern prem). so please go and support the boys as these are some of the most important games in their history, and given the size of the town they really need to start making the step up.

they will be playing either evesham or stratford upon avon. both team are in the worcester area. the away games next tuesday and theres coaches taking fans from tauntons ground. the home game will be the following weekend id imagine.

Bridgwater will ambush you on the way back ,)

Remember going on a whim to support Taunton at Swindon in the F.A. Cup, must have been in the 80's.

Not many of 'us' Taunton fans there in the away section, even so Swindon fans were trying to attack us at the tutnstiles on the way in.

• Admin

Visited Wordsworth Drive many times growing up following WSM.

Used to have some right characters playing for them and can remember a certain ex Chairman losing the plot at the ground

What league are they aiming to get into?

Any promotion for a local team as long as they don't play in quarters is good for the area

Visited Wordsworth Drive many times growing up following WSM.

Used to have some right characters playing for them and can remember a certain ex Chairman losing the plot at the ground

What league are they aiming to get into?

Any promotion for a local team as long as they don't play in quarters is good for the area

there trying to promote to the southern premiership, 1 league below the conference south. your right though, i always look out for west country teams in hope there doing well due to this area being a complete wilderness for football.

taunton seems to struggle for local support given the towns size, which is a shame. this season theyve averaged about 300 fans a game which is good compared to recent years so it is on the up.

also the football team is 3rd choice for alot of taunton due to the somerset cricket team and a half decebt rugby team being in town, although a bit of sucess for us in the play offs may go some way to changing that. when more details are announced ill update this thread for anyone whos interested, hope to see you there.

I didn't know, but am pleased to read that some posters might support you.

Good Luck.

Anyone remember the LAMPS from Taunton, had some fun with that lot at many City games. Did anyone go on the Millwall home and away in the 80's.Can not remember the year but I think City tried to break into the Millwall end at half time or summit???? Long time ago.

Never forget the faces on the Millwall fans though as if to say - this ain't supposed to happen!

How I got back in one piece I will never know!!!

Crazy guys but a couple were good mates at footie in the 80's. Think one of them was a qualified accountant?

Think another one was called Mutley if I remember.

My head is f#cked from too many CSF away games, so memory not brill. But they were great days.

So Taunton are trying to get into Southern Prem?

Hmm; in three years time then, they could be playing (or even passing) the gas!

TTFC's game v Diss at Wembley has been mentioned. For you young 'uns; there were no injuries and very few substitutions, yet the Ref decided to play over eight minutes of stoppage time which is when Diss cored the only goal. Many people are convinced his watch stopped.

Have the rules changed? I watched Paulton Rovers get promoted via the play offs last year and the final was a one off game away to Merthyr Town. It was played there as they finished higher in the league. I hope Taunton do go up as for some reason the Paulton v Taunton games are always quite tasty. Taunton beat Paulton in the last round of the Somerset Premier cup and that ended up 10 a side. Good luck Taunton.

So Taunton are trying to get into Southern Prem?

Hmm; in three years time then, they could be playing (or even passing) the gas!

TTFC's game v Diss at Wembley has been mentioned. For you young 'uns; there were no injuries and very few substitutions, yet the Ref decided to play over eight minutes of stoppage time which is when Diss cored the only goal. Many people are convinced his watch stopped.

Taunton, if they go up i believe would be one league below Bath City who themselves are one league below the gas as it stands!!

The semi final and final are one legged games, 2nd plays 5th at home and 3rd plays 4th at home, the team who finished highest in the league plays the final at home, so if 4th play the team who finished 5th in the final then the team who finished 4th will be at home for the final. Taunton got to the play off final a few years back and lost to Swindon super marine. The club is in a much better position now though, and you'll struggle to find a better non league pitch at their level.

Anyone remember the LAMPS from Taunton, had some fun with that lot at many City games. Did anyone go on the Millwall home and away in the 80's.Can not remember the year but I think City tried to break into the Millwall end at half time or summit???? Long time ago.

Never forget the faces on the Millwall fans though as if to say - this ain't supposed to happen!

How I got back in one piece I will never know!!!

Crazy guys but a couple were good mates at footie in the 80's. Think one of them was a qualified accountant?

Think another one was called Mutley if I remember.

My head is f#cked from too many CSF away games, so memory not brill. But they were great days.

Mutley still goes to games!

I used to go with Ricky M from Bath. They were a tight group of lads but were always up for it.

I remember walking into the Market Tavern to 'meet' some well known Gas before City v Rovers at AG.

Only one winner that day!

If you know what I mean???

The semi final and final are one legged games, 2nd plays 5th at home and 3rd plays 4th at home, the team who finished highest in the league plays the final at home, so if 4th play the team who finished 5th in the final then the team who finished 4th will be at home for the final. Taunton got to the play off final a few years back and lost to Swindon super marine. The club is in a much better position now though, and you'll struggle to find a better non league pitch at their level.

cheers didnt know semis were one leg defo be going up to that now next tues. could be a larkhall (bath area) v taunton final in taunton.

Remember going on a whim to support Taunton at Swindon in the F.A. Cup, must have been in the 80's.

Not many of 'us' Taunton fans there in the away section, even so Swindon fans were trying to attack us at the tutnstiles on the way in.

The footage is here, check out the my uncle mastering the crunches in the red socks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fXKjya6hck

Archived