IGNORED

Double Promotion - Its Going To Happen

Jesus

not really 96 points shows we have a pretty strong squad,

we could have 30/30 over the top 5 and get relegated

I would be extremely surprised if any team ever had beaten the top five home and away and got relegated!

We are clearly the best team in the division and we managed the loss of Wilbraham and Agard better than other teams managed the loss of key players.  We also didn't have a sustained dip in form as the other promotion contenders had, so yes we are deserved Champions.

I don't think the squad with no changes would get relegated, but there is no way it would be challenging for promotion either; we need to have a summer like the last one, bringing in a significant number of (even more) talented players.  I believe we can do this and I believe we have a good chance of challenging for the top six.

Remember when we signed Thorpe, Ade & Sorrenson and were going to walk the league.  Yeah.

Top 10 will be a very good season next year IMO.

The equivalent of that would be to lose Flint (Taylor), Osborne (Dyche), Wilbraham (Goater) and Korey Smith (Doherty), and to only adequately replace Wilbraham.

The 1998 pre-season was a farce that would take a special kind of genius to re-create. I cannot see Cotterill doing it.

I agree with you that top 10 is a reasonable expectation, but a repeat of 98/99 ought to be even less likely than a second promotion.

p.s. It was Andersen, not Sorrenson.

• Admin

Whilst there may be positions Cotterill will strengthen in the Summer, we are a prolific goalscorer away from being a serious promotion challenger.

However, if we are unable to find one, I am still expecting us to be able to be in the mix for a play off position.

I'm pretty sure I'll be backing us to achieve the double promotion with a few quid.

I'd be more than happy with a comfortable top 12 finish, but no one expected us to get one game away from the prem back in 2008, so you never know. But one thing i think is certain, the future is bright, bright red.

Technically one game away twice. Beating either of Hull or Stoke would have put us up.

We cant predict anything yet as we don't know how many of this current squad will still be here.

Surely if one of the bigger/better paying clubs come in for Smith, Freeman, Flint, Ayling or any of our players and offer to treble their wages (like Baldock at Brighton) then they will leave.

Its the price of success I'm afraid all our players will be in the shop window now

We cant predict anything yet as we don't know how many of this current squad will still be here.

Surely if one of the bigger/better paying clubs come in for Smith, Freeman, Flint, Ayling or any of our players and offer to treble their wages (like Baldock at Brighton) then they will leave.

Its the price of success I'm afraid all our players will be in the shop window now

We will probably lose a couple, but we'll be able to sell them for a pretty penny, and we know how good cotts has been with recruitment. 

The equivalent of that would be to lose Flint (Taylor), Osborne (Dyche), Wilbraham (Goater) and Korey Smith (Doherty), and to only adequately replace Wilbraham.

The 1998 pre-season was a farce that would take a special kind of genius to re-create. I cannot see Cotterill doing it.

I agree with you that top 10 is a reasonable expectation, but a repeat of 98/99 ought to be even less likely than a second promotion.

p.s. It was Andersen, not Sorrenson.

Soren Sorrenson....what a lad

It has to be said that the similarities watching the Bournemouth game last night, between them and us is there for all to see.

They have a bit more quick thinking and speed I think thou, and they've just done in the 2nd tier what we've only managed in the 3rd.

So I love the optimism, but I for one will be looking at consolidation in the first instance, after all that's what Bournemouth did 1st season up , right ?

I think we'll surprise a lot of people next season but let's all keep our feet on the ground, we're still riding the crest of a wave after this amazing season.

Expectations being too high has seen the premature end of many a managers job, we all need to stick together if it doesn't go quite as well as we all hope.

Some shrewd signings this summer as well as keeping hold of our key players and who knows.....? Exciting times that's for sure.

Top 8 I reckon, need to recruit well. A good striker, midfielder, a right wing back but most importantly keeping hold of little joey Bryant...

A retired American professional basketball player, current coach, and the father of Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant?

or Joey Bryan the English professional footballer who plays as a left-sided midfielder/wingback for Bristol City

I can see us flirting with the playoffs. But the championship is the place to be and it'd be nice to see us expressing ourselves in that league.

I'd like to see our flirting with the play offs rapidly progress to heavy petting with the play offs followed by "going all the way".

If Bournemouth can do it, so can we.

Lest we forget we came within a nats cock of doing it in 08....

Momentum is key and keeping the core of the squad together and a couple of additions. (Offers for Freeman and Bryan are inevitable)

A Forward is key....For my tuppence worth Smith is on the list and I would see him here particularly if Bolaise leaves Palarse. I would also keep JET if that was an option..

Archived