IGNORED

Must Be Needing A Keeper Then...

Dean Gerken, Paul Robinson, Ali Al-Ahbsi, Kaspar Ankergren, Chris Kirkland, Thomas Kuzszack or Adam Federici are all available end of season so one of them please.

How many of them would be content to not play every game, considering we have Frankie? Competition is good yes but wages vs how much they will play is another issue. Federici, Kuzszack, Al-Ahbsi etc all wouldn't be cheap.

Dean Gerken, Paul Robinson, Ali Al-Ahbsi, Kaspar Ankergren, Chris Kirkland, Thomas Kuzszack or Adam Federici are all available end of season so one of them please.

No to most of them. We need a youngish hungry keeper who is a genuine contender to Frankie. The first three suggestions are certainly not that.

I think we will be looking for a new number one.

None of them please. Want someone younger/cheaper/better (in the case of Kirkland)

No to most of them. We need a youngish hungry keeper who is a genuine contender to Frankie. The first three suggestions are certainly not that.

I think we will be looking for a new number one.

Not just the first three, all of those keepers are older than 30

I will back down then as it seems my list of 30 something, experience international goalkeepers doesn't fit in with anyone elses views

Oh come on. chris Kirkland, you must be taking the piss? Paul Robinson is about 40. The Wigan keeper can't get in a relegated team. Gerken is rubbish. And Wolves fans are happy that Kuszczak is leaving.

Oh come on. chris Kirkland, you must be taking the piss? Paul Robinson is about 40. The Wigan keeper can't get in a relegated team. Gerken is rubbish. And Wolves fans are happy that Kuszczak is leaving.

Robinson is 35. Has had a lot of injury problems so maybe not worth it but I think it would be a great signing. I'm with you though that a young keeper would be ideal. Daniel Bentley of Southend fits the bill

why would wolves fans be happy he is leaving if he doesn't play for them?...

Who realistically is going to come to a club where the keeper of the year is? Think it's wishful thinking to expect a younger keeper (25-) to come here with the season Ff has had.

Why don't you put your name forward OBJ?

I will back down then as it seems my list of 30 something, experience international goalkeepers doesn't fit in with anyone elses views 

I agree with you. There are some older, but still competent keepers out there that would be good back up for Frankie. Think Federici will be offered another contract, though, as he's still a reliable keeper for Reading, despite his FA  Cup blooper. Same, contract-wise, may be said about Gerken if Ipswich remain in The Championship.

I agree with you. There are some older, but still competent keepers out there that would be good back up for Frankie. Think Federici will be offered another contract, though, as he's still a reliable keeper for Reading, despite his FA  Cup blooper. Same, contract-wise, may be said about Gerken if Ipswich remain in The Championship.

Federici won the Reading player of the year award.

I can't even think of his name now, but what happened to the promising young keeper we had who left while we had David James..? Didn't he go to west ham and then Portsmouth..?

Everyone was upset he left but haven't heard anything of him in the last 2 years.

Archived