IGNORED

Clubs That Are Bigger Than They Think That They Are.

ZiderEyed

Whether a club is 'big' or not is a moot point, and other than the giants of world football (man United, Real Madrid etc. etc.) what actually defines what is 'big'.

Are City a smaller club than Rovers just because their away support isn't as good?

Dream on, Mr 26k to Wembley.

A couple of people saying Liverpool in there.... One of the best supported teams in the country, a global brand, a 60,000 stadiumon it's way and who during the lean 25ish years of league failure have won more trophies than everyone else other than Manchester United and possibly Chelsea (I'm guessing but even if it's more than those two it would only include Arsenal).Yeah tiny club.... I think they have every right to think they are going to challenge every year, even if they currently don't stand a chance in hell.

Spurs - One year in the champions league and they sacked their manager (AVB) who had the highest win ratio in their history for being 7th in December. 

Agree with Liverpool having a reasonable claim on being a big club, and in their place would put both Manchester City and Chelsea.  petrodollar-funded arriviste does not equate to big.

Do you mean smaller than they think they are!?

Edit - you beat me to it!

Newcastle

West Ham

Leeds

3 that spring to mind quickly

Leeds are a massive club.

Newcastle get 50k every home game,so I don't really think you can't call them massive.

Another big club that can't seem to get it right are Sheffield Wednesday.

Clubs that think they are big but aren't, Cardiff,Leicester,QPR,Forest and Blackburn,imo!

What claim ?

Just stating facts.

Southampton are a big club with big attendances and have produced numerous England internationals from their own academy.

Compared to us, they are massive.

Obviously bigger than us, but no where near one of the biggest in England. Can think of at least 15 bigger

Obviously.

They are a big club - unlike City

I remember going to St.Marys in i think the November of 2008, we won 1-0 with LJ gettng the winner. They were in such a sate finacially they couldnt even afford to pay staff to open the corners of the satdium.. Dire straights.

I wouldnt call Southampton a big club at all but there we go opinions are opinions.

I remember going to Man.Utd in the second division and us winning 1-0 with a Keith Fear goal.

Of course times change but to say Southampton are a 'big' club really does set a stupidly high benchmark. I mean if they are big what are Leeds United and Sheffield Weds? Both bigger than Soton Imho.

Teams like Reading who have a new stadium and the last 10 yrs have hit the big time but genuinely believe in their own hype, they forgot that their history for 100 years was in the lower two tiers.

Where it regards City, we have potential to be but we arent no where near a 'big' club, we are around the size of Preston and Barnsley really.

Leeds are a massive club.

Newcastle get 50k every home game,so I don't really think you can't call them massive.

Another big club that can't seem to get it right are Sheffield Wednesday.

Clubs that think they are big but aren't, Cardiff,Leicester,QPR,Forest and Blackburn,imo!

Name the last time they done anything special, like big clubs should?

Leeds, about 12 years ago, but mortgaged themselves up to their eyeballs, now paying for it

Newcastle, should've won the league not so long back, ****** that up. Not won anything in my lifetime

West Ham, see above. Except they've never come close to winning the league. Won the FA Cup when I was 6 or 7

Yet all 3 seem to claim they are massive. Not for me. Newcastle getting 52,000 is an achievement, but we all remember them getting nowhere near that before Keegan

I hate the whole back where they belong things,

Whatever league a team is in is where they belong because they've wasn't a chance not based on fan bases or past glory

If it was we'd be a league 1 club forever because it's where we've spent most of our history

Archived