IGNORED

4 New Signings?!

HanhamRed

Don't shoot the messenger but just saw this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/TFS_BristolCity/status/626290583313645569

Never heard of this site before so don't know the reliability.

EDIT: Turns out The Football Social is quite an established link, could be some truth?

It just takes trending stories on Twitter and accumulates them on the feed unfortunately so pretty meaningless.

Look what's below that post for example

ae8ab5c7ee532e564cb4ad8263a0c5f9.jpg

I wouldn't complain if we did sign 4 mind!

It just takes trending stories on Twitter and accumulates them on the feed unfortunately so pretty meaningless.

Look what's below that post for example

ae8ab5c7ee532e564cb4ad8263a0c5f9.jpg

I wouldn't complain if we did sign 4 mind!

Guessed that might be the case, fingers crossed though!

I've actually heard the same thing this morning from a colleague who's friend works at the club. As many of 4 new signings to be announced tomorrow... Fingers crossed!!!

I'll be surprised if this doesn't happen.

Not necessarily tomorrow, but a mass signing announcement in the very near future.

It's a very likely outcome to the present apparent impasse and I don't believe for one minute City would dream of  travelling to Sheffield without seriously strengthening the current squad.

I'll be surprised if this doesn't happen.

Not necessarily tomorrow, but a mass signing announcement in the very near future.

It's a very likely outcome to the present apparent impasse and I don't believe for one minute City would dream of  travelling to Sheffield without seriously strengthening the current squad.

Exactly - the fact that Ives hasn't been announced yet makes me wonder if there's an expectation there will be at least one or two others joining soon who can be announced simultaneously.  I find it very improbable that the club aren't working on targets and they seem very good at making sure nobody knows anything until the last possible moment so I suspect there's far more going on than we know about...

If that is the case, and it is 4 signings, we already know of 3 of them to be formally announced - so it would be one new signing who we don't know ?

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.....or not maybe......

Kodjia already has been formally announced.

Therefore 2 new signings tomorrow?

If that is the case, and it is 4 signings, we already know of 3 of them to be formally announced - so it would be one new signing who we don't know ?

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.....or not maybe......

Firstly I'm not saying that I think this story is from someone in the know and 4 is an exact number.  Just that, over the coming days, I would expect there to be a joint announcement of Ives and one or two others.  Khodija has been announced already so I don't think he'd be featured in any announcement (though he probably would in any press conference.)  I'm also not sure I'd expect McLean to be announced with any ceremony if he's just in for the development squad. But I would expect at least three players (other than Khodija and McLean) to be announced by the start of the season as we just don't have the numbers otherwise.

Oh for goodness sake! Every day there's a new one of these rumours and every time they are untrue. I won't hold my breath but that won't stop a small part of me hoping that it's true! Curse you rumour starters!!

Law of averages though, isn't it?  There have to be new signings at some point in this window so I'm guessing sooner or later this kind of rumour will prove correct.  Though whether that's by accident or design who can say...

Archived