IGNORED

If Not City , Who ?

Major Isewater

My Grandad was a Yeovil supporter so I suppose them.  As a child I went through phases of liking both Plymouth Argyle and Sheffield Wednesday as well as City - in both cases I think this was because they had interesting names.  I've got friends who support (separately) QPR and Chelsea and have occasionally gone to games so I suppose they're both options too.  Similarly I followed Man City and Spurs results when I lived with people who supported those clubs but I wouldn't call any of them anything close to a second team...

Man Utd! but in those days it was all about Bobby Charlton, George Best, Nobby Stiles and Dennis Law, so there was a bit of an excuse!

First match was at Eastville for a Derby. Went just to watch my first match and came away a committed RED, don't know how it happened but never regretted a day of the last 50 odd years.

If city didn't exist most would be gas heads as they would be the only pro team in Bristol,

This. City are my dads team and thats the reason they are my team. If City hadn't existed then he would more than likely been ("shudder") a gashead and if he was then I would have been ("double shudder").

If you take that out of the equation then I would probably have been a Stoke fan as I grew up just down the road and the first game I ever went to was at the Victoria and was Stoke Vs Southend. This is assuming of course I didn't follow Liverpool/Manchester United like all of my school mates....

Southampton as I loved Le tissier and how they punched in the premiership, also how they've got themselves back and where they are today. I used to live round the corner from Highbury and could hear the Arsenal fans from my living room, like wenger a lot as well. So probably Southampton if not Arsenal.

I'm exactly the same as you dastardly. Live round the corner from Highbury now and love the way they play. Also got a soft spot for Saints and Le Tis. Top two clubs after City for me!

Trowbridge Town or Bradford Town. Any other Professional side other than City mean nothing to me and I feel no affiliations towards.

But we are imaging city never came to be- So you wouldn't have any affiliation with City, so the likely hood is you would support another professional team. This isn't a who else do you follow thread but a who could you of ended up supporting if City had never existed.

Yep Spurs for me too, from our cup tie, to when I worked in N18 they were something special, but funny enough like Arsenal too,  because of the pure football they play . 

Got a massive soft spot for Spurs from my Dad, but I do love watching Arsenal play. Have a grudging respect for them

I live in Swindon. Don't get down to watch the city nowhere near as much as used to. But would do what I've always done and go and support whoever Swindon are playing. Even stood in with the gas fans when they played here a long time ago

Ha yes, again I lived in Swindon and worked in Swindon, and spent a few years in the RAF nearby, always wanted the opposition to beat them, when my first son was born popped down before the big event to see Fulham wop them...happy occasion x2  wanted to called the lad Craven, but the missus wasn't having it. ;)

Agreed. You follow in your parents footsteps. My old man was City through and through so if City didn't exist, it would be Rovers I guess... (shudders)... but probably Spurs as I've supported them since I was a kid (the boy I liked was a Spurs fan - I was only 11!) or Exeter City as I lived near there years ago

I live in Swindon. Don't get down to watch the city nowhere near as much as used to. But would do what I've always done and go and support whoever Swindon are playing. Even stood in with the gas fans when they played here a long time ago

Brilliant post, I too was too ashamed to admit I had a smug smile on my face not too long ago when the Gas smashed them 4-0.

They have always been oddly obsessed with us. One of the best feelings ever as a City fan was beating them 3-0 and going around the County in my City top!

So yes anyone against Swindon.

Archived