IGNORED

If Not City , Who ?

Major Isewater

If City never existed...ever....then I really don't know, as circumstances would be so different.

If City went down the drain now, I'd follow a team that I admire now.

Locally, I enjoy going to FGR's....

I admire Southampton, Swansea and Arsenal.

I follow Lazio as my 'foreign' team....

Had City never existed, I imagine all my family would have been Gasheads rather than it being split between us and the Blue Few as it is now. I'd probably have been Rovers.

Were we to disband now though, I'd be FGR as it's only ten minutes from my Dad's house.

Chelsea for me, used to live and work in London and go to the bridge, that was back in the days of the cat (Peter Bonetti) Peter Osgood ect, did go to Villa park to watch them get beat by Man City in the Community Shield a couple of seasons back

I genuinely believe if there was no BCFC- I would never have supported another club.

Growing up - I hated football and loved rugby but when I went to boarding school my best mate there who was in my dorm was Harry & Marina's nephew and introduced me to going to BS3- I was converted from the first match but if I hadn't gone with him- I doubt I'd have ever gone to any football match anywhere - like my brother .

BCFC has given me some of the best and worst of times and I couldn't imagine my life without it.

If city didn't exist most would be gas heads as they would be the only pro team in Bristol,

But to answer your question I'd prob follow ether Layton orient or Elgin

I'm with you  at Elgin.

Family connections with Soton, Ipswich, Elgin and (sadly) P'boro'.

dad and granddad were AG men, not sure about before them, apparently they supported a team called Bristol South End. I can trace my family back to 1811 and they all lived in the Bemmy/Ashton/Southville area so I cant imagine anything other than City. I do have a soft spot for Sheffield Wed as I lived there for 4 years in my teens and went to Wembley in 1966 v Everton and had a season ticket in the cantilever stand at Hillsborough. Luckily , Wed were in Division One then so their paths never crossed with City. City will always be the Numero Uno though and every time we play the Owls now, I hope for a draw !!

Manchester Utd

If I can't have the pain, the grief, the long weekends after a loss, the long week after a Tuesday loss, the dismal pre-season march of tedium, the expensive poor food of Lindleys, and the patronising tone of the club that all come with loving Bristol City, then I might as well pick a team with the best hope of instant gratification.

For me it would have been West Ham. My brother and several other friends who I grew up with were all West Ham fans. I remember them taking me up to see the Rovers vs West ham game up the old Eastville ground. That was a day to remember. I remember several attempts by the rovers trying to break in to the west ham fans unsuccessfully. I remember standing with my mates near the exits at the back and a big West Ham fan was proudly showing off his axe he had hidden under his coat. I still don't know if he was there just to chop some firewood up or not.

For me it was leeds, was at Wembley for Chelsea 70. and sunderland 73.

Was lucky enough to get tickets through local football.

Then in 74 I think? we drew leeds in the cup.

That was when you have only one team, 1/1 down the gate, then leeds who were unbeaten at that time, ellend road on a Tuesday aftermoon, [power strikes ] 40,000 crowd leeds first defeat of the season.

leeds 0/1 city get in Donnie!!!

Chelsea, have always had a soft spot for the blues from Stamford Bridge from a young age.

I remember when the Chelski fans were ripping the tiles off the old shed by the open end and lobbing them at the City fans leaving the ground having beaten them 4-2 ( I think) Robbie Turner with 2.

The City fans also had a soft spot but nothing a bandage couldn't sort out.

I remember when the Chelski fans were ripping the tiles off the old shed by the open end and lobbing them at the City fans leaving the ground having beaten them 4-2 ( I think) Robbie Turner with 2.

The City fans also had a soft spot but nothing a bandage couldn't sort out.

That is one of my favourite memories of City games. Very exciting for a 16 year old in the East End. It was 3-2. Chelsea fans certainly weren't happy! Amazing how they now seem a completely different club.

Archived