IGNORED

Six Nations 2016

MichaelRobartes

19 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Itoje looked great today. Should have been out of sight by HT though.

Agreed. We were muck. Lucky for us England are in transition or we'd have been hammered. Disappointing that Joe didn't let us play a bit of rugby since we're years out from the World Cup and we were already out of the running for the championship. 

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Agreed. We were muck. Lucky for us England are in transition or we'd have been hammered. Disappointing that Joe didn't let us play a bit of rugby since we're years out from the World Cup and we were already out of the running for the championship. 

England have two main problems still imo.

1) Discipline

2) Finishing

James Haskell is a decent back rower but his reputation for being stupid is not great.

12 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

1) Discipline

2) Finishing

James Haskell is a decent back rower but his reputation for being stupid is not great.

Do you mean Haskell should be MORE stupid?

Uncle TFR

On 28/02/2016 at 23:11, Welcome To The Jungle said:

1) Discipline

2) Finishing

Both fair points. As far as back rowers go, 'The Brand' is as brain dead as they come. As for finishing, yes, you should have been out of sight. Losing by 11 points flattered us.

15 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Was amusing at the end as we scrummed with no 8 or 9.

I must have missed that. Decided on heading out for a few consolation bevs, so went to find my daps in aid of facilitating a quick getaway.

Was happy enough with City winning and expected Ireland to lose but really disappointed with such a non-performance. 

Interesting that Brown has changed his view on kicking/stamping around the head/face from last season when Matthew Rees got 7 weeks for a pretty similar incident with Nick Easter. I think that the law needs some clarification, my mind also goes back a couple of years to Thomond Park and Paulie booting Kearney the younger in the back of the head in an effort to kick the ball and receiving no ban. Luckily the latest incident had no bearing on the outcome and didn't involve Conor's eye, but an intriguing about from Brown nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I have not had the time to read up on brown but if it is accidental as you try and kick the ball it is a part of the game imo. Intentionally stamping should be several games banned.

The problem is that it is a grey area and it's not always easy to tell what is or isn't deliberate. Personally I believe that there should be moves towards outlawing reckless contact with the head or eye area. In some measure this is already happening due to the fight against gouging - making contact with the so-called 'eye area' of another player, however accidental it is deemed, will now earn you a citing and almost certainly a ban. Don't think that I'm singling Brown out either. Paulie's hack on Kearney the Younger was dangerous, clumsy and reckless but almost certainly not deliberate. However, I for one wouldn't have complained too much if he'd been banned, and we had ASM in the Heino semi final the following week!

I'm not saying that what Brown did was deliberate, in fact I think that it almost certainly wasn't, but it's certainly interesting how his view on these incidents seems to have changed completely after being accused of something similar himself. Poor enough imo.

Huge game coming up on Saturday. A few changes to the replacements for England, notably the return of everyone's favourite mild-mannered inside centre and deck-diving world champion:

Mike Brown; Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Owen Farrell, Jack Nowell; George Ford, Ben Youngs; Joe Marler, Dylan Hartley (capt), Dan Cole; Maro Itoje, George Kruis; Chris Robshaw, James Haskell, Billy Vunipola.

Replacements: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Mako Vunipola, Kieran Brookes, Joe Launchbury, Jack Clifford, Danny Care, Manu Tuilagi, Elliot Daly.

I tipped Wales to win the Six Nations before we got underway, so I'll stick with that prediction, but I think it'll be mighty close. England were impressive (albeit somewhat wasteful) against us. I don't doubt that Wales will give them a much harder day at the office than we did (not saying much) although I think they may have missed a trick in not playing both Tipuric and Warburton since England still have no openside. In other news, it'll be interesting to see who wins the title of Europe's angriest full back:

Liam Williams; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Samson Lee, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton (capt), Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Paul James, Tomas Francis, Luke Charteris, Justin Tipuric, Rhys Webb, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Anscombe.

Another talking point could be the performance of Craig Joubert. It may even be his first visit to Twickenham since bravely running away following Scotland's controversial exit from the World Cup!

In the other games, Blue Joe has kept it conservative for the visit of the Italians to Lansdowne Road so we'll probably win by double figures whilst playing no rugby and learning nothing new in a dead rubber the bones of four years from a World Cup. Great stuff.

I can't see the Scottish or French teams for Sunday's game on the BBC site, so I'm assuming that they haven't been released yet.

I'm already nervous about the huge game on Saturday - will be wreck by KO.

Watching in Cardiff will not make it any easier, but it can't be worse than the World Cup... surely?

I'm equally looking forward to the young'uns at the Gate tomorrow, although for the first time in a while England u20s look remarkably average

3 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Huge game coming up on Saturday. A few changes to the replacements for England, notably the return of everyone's favourite mild-mannered inside centre and deck-diving world champion:

Mike Brown; Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Owen Farrell, Jack Nowell; George Ford, Ben Youngs; Joe Marler, Dylan Hartley (capt), Dan Cole; Maro Itoje, George Kruis; Chris Robshaw, James Haskell, Billy Vunipola.

Replacements: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Mako Vunipola, Kieran Brookes, Joe Launchbury, Jack Clifford, Danny Care, Manu Tuilagi, Elliot Daly.

I tipped Wales to win the Six Nations before we got underway, so I'll stick with that prediction, but I think it'll be mighty close. England were impressive (albeit somewhat wasteful) against us. I don't doubt that Wales will give them a much harder day at the office than we did (not saying much) although I think they may have missed a trick in not playing both Tipuric and Warburton since England still have no openside. In other news, it'll be interesting to see who wins the title of Europe's angriest full back:

Liam Williams; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Samson Lee, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton (capt), Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Paul James, Tomas Francis, Luke Charteris, Justin Tipuric, Rhys Webb, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Anscombe.

Another talking point could be the performance of Craig Joubert. It may even be his first visit to Twickenham since bravely running away following Scotland's controversial exit from the World Cup!

In the other games, Blue Joe has kept it conservative for the visit of the Italians to Lansdowne Road so we'll probably win by double figures whilst playing no rugby and learning nothing new in a dead rubber the bones of four years from a World Cup. Great stuff.

I can't see the Scottish or French teams for Sunday's game on the BBC site, so I'm assuming that they haven't been released yet.

I'm incredibly surprised Joubert is ref, thought he'd been banished to the 7's tour! Can think of lower profile games in which to make your comeback. Anyway, it's going to be very interesting, what with Jones' mind games today regards the Welsh scrum. 

http://gu.com/p/4hezn?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other 

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

I'm incredibly surprised Joubert is ref, thought he'd been banished to the 7's tour! Can think of lower profile games in which to make your comeback. Anyway, it's going to be very interesting, what with Jones' mind games today regards the Welsh scrum. 

http://gu.com/p/4hezn?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other 

Indeed. Shocking from Joubert, though I've never been a particularly huge fan of his.

Classic Jones really. I imagine he's trying to steer the conversation away from Marler boring in at every single scrum. He doesn't seem to get pinged for it much either, although he got taken to the cleaners by whoever was reffing the Australia game in the World Cup, can't remember who it was now. It's good to see a bit of needle anyway. Fatland has been quiet enough this year so far which is a shame.

Anyone else notice in Scotland's game? Twice the cameras showed spectators in the front rows drinking beer out of glass bottles.

Meanwhile; well done Scotland in beating France and as an Englishman, thank you as well.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Anyone else notice in Scotland's game? Twice the cameras showed spectators in the front rows drinking beer out of glass bottles.

Meanwhile; well done Scotland in beating France and as an Englishman, thank you as well.

They were probably plastic - I have been served Heineken in plastic bottles at French sporting events.

Congratulations to England on a much-deserved Six Nations title. Certainly the best team this year. 

Particularly enjoyed the Scotland - France game, shame the second half didn't really reach the heights of the first, but Scotland more than deserved the win.

As for our game... Quite simply the worst performance I've ever seen from a Six Nations team. I know Italy have players out but come on, that was unacceptable. Do the Six Nations organisers seriously think that Georgia and Romania don't deserve to be involved after watching that muck? Not at Italy's expense I should add, but if we're going to prop up the Italian game then we should do the same for the Georgians and Romanians too. Shame that the Six Nations aren't as receptive to change as SANZAR. Look at how Argentina have improved since getting to play against the world's best on a regular basis.

Archived