IGNORED

Could they overtake us...?

brizzlelou

11 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I personally think city will stay up BUT, If city were to go down and the gash go up, what are the chance of them overtaking us? 

The Gas are like us in many ways.

They could go up and with the momentum overtake us but we all know that the most probable outcome is that they will find a way to cock it up royally and end up back from whence they came.

IF we end up in the same div next season, they could well be above us after the very 1st match. Tin hats on then lads as years and years of gas inferiority will be unleashed on us. Unlikely I know but definitely a possibility.

Oh Dear how some squirm, it really is pathetic, you lot have been dishing out without any holes barred and now you  worry because you might get some of your own back, don't dish it out if you can't take it. I really dont want any Rovers team above us, but the nature of football is that they will one day, they could do a Bournemouth and become the Nations Darlings, you need to rise above it and show some class!! 

6 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Oh Dear how some squirm, it really is pathetic, you lot have been dishing out without any holes barred and now you  worry because you might get some of your own back, don't dish it out if you can't take it. I really dont want any Rovers team above us, but the nature of football is that they will one day, they could do a Bournemouth and become the Nations Darlings, you need to rise above it and show some class!! 

Not sure what DVDs you watch but it's 'no holds barred...'

I'm not sure Bournemouth are the nation's darlings either....most people I know think it's great that they got to the promised land but couldn't really care less about their results each week.

I think Leicester City are more worthy of the 'nation's darlings' title this season.

Lastly, not sure anyone is squirming, I can just see fans of a club in a two team City discussing their rivals....perfectly natural and something of which fans in a one club town are quite envious....

3 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

I personally think city will stay up BUT, If city were to go down and the gash go up, what are the chance of them overtaking us? 

If you're referring to in a league table, very slim in my opinion. I think neither they will be promoted nor that we will be relegated. 

However, even if that happened, even if they then sat above us in the league table, they'd be 27k seater stadium, an academy, a helluva lot of fans, a helluva lot of marketing, a helluva lot of JPTs, and a helluva lot of just about everything else (except horse assaults and non-league stints) behind us.

So no, they will not 'overtake' us for very many years to come and even as a prospect that seems a million miles away. 

How it pains me to say this, as I totally detest Rovers, but I think they will definitely get promoted this season.

I nearly put my remote through the TV on Tuesday as I was so angry with the spawny ******* winning again, and of course the late Wolves winner.

If we're not careful we will go down and the thought of being in L1 with the Gas absolutely horrifies me.:(

54 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

You really do like being antagonistic don't you?

Don't think we'll be overtaking you anytime soon, quite a few of our lot seem to be getting carried away with the current situation and getting ahead of themselves. Whilst i am quietly optimistic about our future now i don't see it measured in whether we are above city or not. It's quite possible we could be competing in the same league within five years and that will if anything spur you on. I think you will stay up, and we'll lose in the play offs but go up next season. Anything could happen to either club beyond then.

Much as I would hate them to be in any sense `better` than us I have had so much fun over the last couple of years at their expense (and I have no doubt the gift will continue to give in some form or another for some time yet) but I like to think I`m big enough to take some back if necessary. It`s what rivalry is all about.

6 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Just when did self-flagellation become a City pastime?

Or is it just some OTIB posters?

3 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I hope so, all this me being reasonable when I post on here is just a front. If we ever overtake you, you're all having loads :)

At least you've earned the right to take the piss on here unlike certain other Gas posters who struggle to even admit who they support.

5 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I hope so, all this me being reasonable when I post on here is just a front. If we ever overtake you, you're all having loads :)

The chances of this happening are the same as me winning the lottery tomorrow and my missus turning into the lady off of countdown in the next 5 minutes:yes:

4 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Agreed, they've been so supportive in our current struggles in the championship.

6 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

And here I was thinking that this was going to be about Rotherham and Warnock :facepalm:

4 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

As much as some people will have a go at you for this post the bit I've highlighted is absolutely correct...Burton Albion could even be in a division above both of us. As much as I would hate to be in the same division as Rovers next year the likelihood is that one day, sooner or later, we will be...largelydue to the fact that historically we are a Championship/L1 yoyo club.

If it happens it happens. Bit of a gutter but that's football. 

3 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

I gonna do a thread will the gas ever talk about city as much

Ever heard of 'the world's longest "OH YES" thread'? That was one of theirs. 

27 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Nope, they never ever mention us on their forum....

image.jpg

Well quite. If you've spent any time on football websites over the years, or indeed meet any of them in actual real life, it will have become clear that they talk about us far more often, and with more vitriol than we do them. 

I live thirty miles from Bristol and work with Rovers and Swindon fans alike, I enjoy loads of banter with the Rovers lads and am more than happy to call them my friends. If they do get above us in the coming years we have only ourselves to blame because the club is a bloody shambles and we have failed miserabley to build in last seasons success.

As for the Swindon bastards I work with they can rott in hell each and everyone of them. 

40 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I live thirty miles from Bristol and work with Rovers and Swindon fans alike, I enjoy loads of banter with the Rovers lads and am more than happy to call them my friends. If they do get above us in the coming years we have only ourselves to blame because the club is a bloody shambles and we have failed miserabley to build in last seasons success.

As for the Swindon bastards I work with they can rott in hell each and everyone of them. 

Well that escalated quickly..

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

How it pains me to say this, as I totally detest Rovers, but I think they will definitely get promoted this season.

I nearly put my remote through the TV on Tuesday as I was so angry with the spawny ******* winning again, and of course the late Wolves winner.

If we're not careful we will go down and the thought of being in L1 with the Gas absolutely horrifies me.:(

Okay a touch of realism. We (Rovers) will probably get in the playoffs. Then, we might go  up. You might go down.

Lot of mights and probablies in there before there is even a derby, let alone us going above you. Hope it happens though

As a gashead, from what I've heard about the sides below you I don't think u r going anywhere, rover's should make the playoffs and then who knows.  In the unlikely scenario of being in the same division next season, you would be rebuilding and we would have momentum, who knows not sure how much is Clark's management or team ability, and how much Lansdowne is willing to spend.

Archived