IGNORED

Could they overtake us...?

brizzlelou

15 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Im gas through and through and proud .. no mistaking me .. 

I wasn't referring to you Phil...generally having 'Gas' in your username is a bit of a giveaway :gasmask:

I'm thinking more about those that pretend to be City fans but fool absolutely nobody...either that or they say they support Pompey. Before the season even started we had some prat who first pretended to be a Villa fan then re-registered as a Leeds fan. 

In answer to the original question...

They may overtake us yes. In the same way that if you give 100 monkeys infinite time they'll eventually write the bible. 

And if (and let's face it, it's a massive if) they ever get in the same division as us, maybe it'll reignite the passion that some seem to have lost. 

I love beating them in the Derby. But I don't envisage it'll happen for a good while yet. 

12 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

As a gashead, from what I've heard about the sides below you I don't think u r going anywhere, rover's should make the playoffs and then who knows.  In the unlikely scenario of being in the same division next season, you would be rebuilding and we would have momentum, who knows not sure how much is Clark's management or team ability, and how much Lansdowne is willing to spend.

Ah , 'momentum ' , i remember that word.

As you well know in football nothing is ever simple.

I've been supporting City since the fifties and during that time have seen all the scenarios between us take place. The difference today is that the rivalry is more personal than in the old days. Its easy to be clever hiding behind the keyboard when making snide comments. If Rovers get promotion and we get relegated it will be on merit over a seasons football. I've said on another thread that a local derby in Div 1 would be awful for both teams and football in Bristol. Let both teams progress and lets have that local derby in the Premier League in front of 30'000+ fans in front of a worldwide tv audience. Surely that is the ultimate goal, not bragging rights in the 3rd tier of football. My prediction this year, City will stay up and Rovers will go up. That will bring the Premiership dream a little closer.

Of course they could overtake us, it's not likely (IMO), but it definitely could happen

I don't think we'll go down (not as confident as I was a week ago!), but think we'll be ok. G*s could go up, I don't think they will, but it's not the longest of all longshots that it could happen

If it happens, it happens. If it does happen then summer 2015 is going to go down as the beginning of the end....

And did the G*s fans really call SC 'Cliterall"? That is poor, wouldn't 'Cockerall' be better, Cott & Clit are very different. I've seen stickers saying that DC wanks off dogs, so at least I know that is true.....come on G*sheads, you lot must have enough brain cells to come up with something better than that :ph34r:

22 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I wasn't referring to you Phil...generally having 'Gas' in your username is a bit of a giveaway :gasmask:

I'm thinking more about those that pretend to be City fans but fool absolutely nobody...either that or they say they support Pompey. Before the season even started we had some prat who first pretended to be a Villa fan then re-registered as a Leeds fan. 

To be fair, if I was a Villa fan at the moment I'd probably re register as a fan of another club!

22 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No worries 

Archived