IGNORED

Post Bias

Kingcider

It's been quoted in another thread,but anyone who believes the Post is not biased only has to look at today's rag.TOTAL DISREGARD,and then the lie that it will cost an extra £100 to stay in your seats,West Stand - no one been in there for a season !.Followed by quotes about a rip off and a few in favour at the end,stolen from otib as 'balance' .The blue few get a back page headline about how they are going to do a Swansea,and inside a big spread about how the UWE stadium will achieve that.No bias !!!! Bo**ocks,as another poster put it they are having a w*nk fest over them.

BBC Bristol just as bad. We very rarely get DAB coverage and quite often are hardly mentioned on the sports coverage , Swindon even get mentioned before us sometimes. I find it quite baffling really as we are the biggest sports team in the area yet get really poor support from our so called impartial broadcaster.

The usual bias paranoia.  You cannot judge bias based on one edition of the newspaper.  For every occasion Rovers have the back page, there will be another when we do.  Last season we had entire pull-out sections devoted to our JPT final and promotion.

As for "BBC Bristol hardly mention us"....seriously?  What a ridiculous claim.

11 minutes ago, Turbored said:

BBC Bristol just as bad. We very rarely get DAB coverage and quite often are hardly mentioned on the sports coverage , Swindon even get mentioned before us sometimes. I find it quite baffling really as we are the biggest sports team in the area yet get really poor support from our so called impartial broadcaster.

Is this not because we are normally on FM which is available to more people (within the vicinity of Bristol)?

I think part of the problem is that we should have loads more coverage that the sags.

We are in the Championship. They are not.

We are pulling full houses each week of over 15,000. They are not.

As the senior team in the city we should have more coverage. We are more successful and we are supported by more fans.

Do we think that when Forest were winning European Cups and titles that County commanded the same column inches in the Nottingham papers? I think not.

That those horse punching longfaces from up the Gloucester Road ever equate to the same or more coverage than City is a disgrace.

28 minutes ago, Kingcider said:

It's been quoted in another thread,but anyone who believes the Post is not biased only has to look at today's rag.TOTAL DISREGARD,and then the lie that it will cost an extra £100 to stay in your seats,West Stand - no one been in there for a season !.Followed by quotes about a rip off and a few in favour at the end,stolen from otib as 'balance' .The blue few get a back page headline about how they are going to do a Swansea,and inside a big spread about how the UWE stadium will achieve that.No bias !!!! Bo**ocks,as another poster put it they are having a w*nk fest over them.

Just read the article you are referring to.  It states:-

"But some fans have been shocked to discover that if they want to move back to near their old seats, in the revamped and renamed new West Stand, it will cost them more than £100 extra next season."

Which is absolutely true, and something that a number of former Williams STH have said themselves on this very forum.  There is no mention of "staying in your seat" in the article at all and there is recognition that the stand is new.  The article raises an issue that has been discussed at length on this forum and I don't see any problem with it.

Like I said, red-tinted paranoia.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There is no mention of "staying in your seat" in the article at all and there is recognition that the stand is new.  The article raises an issue that has been discussed at length on this forum and I don't see any problem with it.

To be fair, the headline is " Bristol City season ticket holders face hike of £100 - or moving seat" which definitely implies it is £100 to stay in your seat, but the article does explain the issue clearly.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The usual bias paranoia.  You cannot judge bias based on one edition of the newspaper.  For every occasion Rovers have the back page, there will be another when we do.  Last season we had entire pull-out sections devoted to our JPT final and promotion.

As for "BBC Bristol hardly mention us"....seriously?  What a ridiculous claim.

Bang on

10 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

I think part of the problem is that we should have loads more coverage that the sags.

We are in the Championship. They are not.

We are pulling full houses each week of over 15,000. They are not.

As the senior team in the city we should have more coverage. We are more successful and we are supported by more fans.

Do we think that when Forest were winning European Cups and titles that County commanded the same column inches in the Nottingham papers? I think not.

That those horse punching longfaces from up the Gloucester Road ever equate to the same or more coverage than City is a disgrace.

Beating Bolton 6-0 and winning a European Cup is essentially the same thing anyway.

22 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The Bristol Post sport home page right now....

Capture.JPG

However I was talking about the paper edition,copy of which I read whilst sat in the coffee shop at AG in the sunshine,does not match the online version or answer the headlines,all very well saying that it explains it later.They should not post headline lies.Are they paying to take quotes from OTIB ?

16 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

To be fair, the headline is " Bristol City season ticket holders face hike of £100 - or moving seat" which definitely implies it is £100 to stay in your seat, but the article does explain the issue clearly.

It's a marginally sensationalist headline, although if you're a Williams STH looking to get back as close as you were before, it's basically undeniable that you either pay more or more elsewhere.

Certainly not the biased lie-fest the OP would have you believe.

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's a marginally sensationalist headline, although if you're a Williams STH looking to get back as close as you were before, it's basically undeniable that you either pay more or more elsewhere.

Certainly not the biased lie-fest the OP would have you believe.

But,as MarkB29 says on the post website comments ,it is not the 'same seat ' no wooden slats,great view,no pillars,excellent catering etc.Why can they do an article saying how wonderful the UWE will be but slag us of .Why can they not do an article on how good the revamp is and what a wonderful new stand we have a chance to sit in ?

Personally I don't think the Bristol Post is biased against BCFC, and I generally enjoy reading it.

And I like Andy Stockhausen. In fact he is something of a hero of mine and I have a number of photographs of him on my bedroom wall.

Sadly none of these are signed though, and I would like to get some signed pictures from him. I would also like to see him actually sign the photos, holding my favourite pen in his skilled, journalistic hands.

Does anyone know where he lives?

12 minutes ago, Nicky Morgan's Organ said:

Personally I don't think the Bristol Post is biased against BCFC, and I generally enjoy reading it.

And I like Andy Stockhausen. In fact he is something of a hero of mine and I have a number of photographs of him on my bedroom wall.

Sadly none of these are signed though, and I would like to get some signed pictures from him. I would also like to see him actually sign the photos, holding my favourite pen in his skilled, journalistic hands.

Does anyone know where he lives?

I scanned that as "holding my favourite penis...."

1 hour ago, Kingcider said:

But,as MarkB29 says on the post website comments ,it is not the 'same seat ' no wooden slats,great view,no pillars,excellent catering etc.Why can they do an article saying how wonderful the UWE will be but slag us of .Why can they not do an article on how good the revamp is and what a wonderful new stand we have a chance to sit in ?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-s-Ashton-Gate-set-latest-new-look/story-26573391-detail/story.html

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/pictures/look-Ashton-Gates-45-million-redevelopment/pictures-28430288-detail/pictures.html

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/DAVE-PAYNE-COLUMN-Ashton-Gate-great-stadium-8211/story-27962748-detail/story.html

Here's a few.

Archived