IGNORED

Post Bias

Kingcider

The paper does annoy me and it does seem to lean towards the squatters, but as both sets of fans complain about the paper, maybe it's our relative perspective and so I will give it the benefit of the doubt for this.

What I won't forgive it for is the rank bad and lazy reporting, at least the Sun and Mail do sensationalist headlines properly and with fewer grammar and spelling mistakes. 

Yes the prices have been discussed and we would all like lower prices, but ........  it is 3 years on, in a higher division in a brand new stand, better seats and leg room and facilities . It is NOT like for like as the Post implies. 

34 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

The first two won't open on my iPad and, the third one is some bloke talking about a car ! It was more the juxtaposition of   City ripping off us fans,with no mention of how good the new stand is,and how utterly utterly brilliant the new UWE will be with thousands of new fans and Prem football !

8 minutes ago, Kingcider said:

The first two won't open on my iPad and, the third one is some bloke talking about a car ! It was more the juxtaposition of   City ripping off us fans,with no mention of how good the new stand is,and how utterly utterly brilliant the new UWE will be with thousands of new fans and Prem football !

They'd struggle to say how UWE will rip off fans when I doubt they've released ticket prices yet.

1 hour ago, Kingcider said:

But,as MarkB29 says on the post website comments ,it is not the 'same seat ' no wooden slats,great view,no pillars,excellent catering etc.Why can they do an article saying how wonderful the UWE will be but slag us of .Why can they not do an article on how good the revamp is and what a wonderful new stand we have a chance to sit in ?

Wouldn't get past sub-editor stage !

Be like The Fail saying Cameron is a crook and a ****** !

2 hours ago, Kingcider said:

But,as MarkB29 says on the post website comments ,it is not the 'same seat ' no wooden slats,great view,no pillars,excellent catering etc.Why can they do an article saying how wonderful the UWE will be but slag us of .Why can they not do an article on how good the revamp is and what a wonderful new stand we have a chance to sit in ?

Like this one?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/decision-redevelop-Ashton-Gate-right-says-Martin/story-26442943-detail/story.html

"By June 2016, City and Bristol Rugby will be playing in a 27,000 all-seater arena and fans will be able to benefit from top-class facilities after years of having to make do with an ageing ground in BS3."

Ok people, we need to be more thoughtful in the views and news we post on this fine forum, given there is a strong possibility of it being lifted by the Post and published as fact.

So can we all please avoid any more mention of sightings of Mr Stockhausen caught naked in the Ashton Gate car park smeared in joy gel having fallen in a dwarf with a poodle on his face.

Careless talk costs lives and all that.

22 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Like this one?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/decision-redevelop-Ashton-Gate-right-says-Martin/story-26442943-detail/story.html

"By June 2016, City and Bristol Rugby will be playing in a 27,000 all-seater arena and fans will be able to benefit from top-class facilities after years of having to make do with an ageing ground in BS3."

What nearly a year ago ? west Stand was hardly started.As I have said it was the lying headline and juxtaposition with the blue few that really annoyed me.We are not going to agree,perhaps I am older than you and seen the post print rubbish for too many years,never mind ,take care.

The Post is bought for two reasons in my house.

1. I like the Bristol Times pull out they do once a week. 

2. The Wife then uses the rest of the paper to line the Guinea Pig hutch as it's pretty absorbent with their piss. 

The real paper died years ago, this one is a very poor shadow of its former self. 

43 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Like this one?

No nothing like that one CR.

Remember 69-70? City were battling relegation, so Alan Dicks made two loan signings, a defender and the other a midfielder from Wolves & Coventry. Instead of praising AD's astuteness, the Evening Post printed an editorial stating "By using his Midlands connections, Alan Dicks has given City an UNFAIR advantage over their relegation rivals".

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Remember 69-70? City were battling relegation, so Alan Dicks made two loan signings, a defender and the other a midfielder from Wolves & Coventry. Instead of praising AD's astuteness, the Evening Post printed an editorial stating "By using his Midlands connections, Alan Dicks has given City an UNFAIR advantage over their relegation rivals".

Does anybody really read the EP while wiping their bum ?

5 hours ago, Kingcider said:

It's been quoted in another thread,but anyone who believes the Post is not biased only has to

Use their own experiences. The coverage the post gave last seasons Three Lions flag day was extensive. Post photographers turn up each season. BCFC ignore its existence.

5 hours ago, Kingcider said:

It's been quoted in another thread,but anyone who believes the Post is not biased only has to look at today's rag.TOTAL DISREGARD,and then the lie that it will cost an extra £100 to stay in your seats,West Stand - no one been in there for a season !.Followed by quotes about a rip off and a few in favour at the end,stolen from otib as 'balance' .The blue few get a back page headline about how they are going to do a Swansea,and inside a big spread about how the UWE stadium will achieve that.No bias !!!! Bo**ocks,as another poster put it they are having a w*nk fest over them.

Maybe someone was just busy moving his car?

There is no bias with the post, its aim is to sell as many copies as it can, simple.  It prints whatever it thinks can achieve that.  Thus not being particularly critical of either rovers or city, and generally going over the top with anything.  If city have more fans than rovers then why would they have a rovers bias, its nonsense.

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

There is no bias with the post, its aim is to sell as many copies as it can, simple.  It prints whatever it thinks can achieve that.  Thus not being particularly critical of either rovers or city, and generally going over the top with anything.  If city have more fans than rovers then why would they have a rovers bias, its nonsense.

IF, what do you mean ,IF  !

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

Everyone loves a plucky underdog!

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Any Gas fan is going to love this thread...why City fans spend so much time talking about them is beyond me...talk about giving them ammunition.

It's a slow news day, and we've got to spend our time doing something other than work.

Archived