IGNORED

Any gamers buying TotalWar:Warhammer ?

Fiale

53 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Thinking about it, a few different play styles compared to the other games in the series, 

im waiting for a few more reviews tho before I part with my 40 quid

I know what you mean - there are dozens of videos up now - i'll link some below. I love the total war games, and the twist of it being in a War hammer universe means I already bought it :chant6ez:

1 hour empire campaign

Begining of the Dwarf campaign

some random battles

all these guys have a few videos up already, they had early access over the last week or two.

BTW - just for anyone who is not aware, you need to buy the game within the first week to have access to the Chaos faction (There promotion/preorder bonus). There will be some other factions in the future, with Brettonia being a free dlc in the coming months as well.

9 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I won't touch another Total War on release for a long time after Rome 2. Although seemingly they've done a better job this time around.

Thankfully Stellaris has filled my strategy void for the time being....

I've been looking at that but heard/read mid to late game is a bit boring, will have to give it a go

It's worth every penny mate.  However yes, once the galaxy is full, it's not as engaging. Being a Paradox game it will be extremely fleshed out over the next few years, through paid DLC and free updates- they've already published their free update roadmap for the next few months which will improve the game immensely in the areas that do lack the same sort of wow factor as the early period.

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I've been looking at that but heard/read mid to late game is a bit boring, will have to give it a go

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It's worth every penny mate.  However yes, once the galaxy is full, it's not as engaging. Being a Paradox game it will be extremely fleshed out over the next few years, through paid DLC and free updates- they've already published their free update roadmap for the next few months which will improve the game immensely in the areas that do lack the same sort of wow factor as the early period.

my thoughts, always like the CK series and they are a good developer, 

got the game working last night after uninstallingm y gfx card drivers and geting old ones off the net, still runs like shit, which it shouldn't due to my system, (seems to be a nvidia card problem), but the bit I managed to play was fun,

be nice to give it a proper run when CA fix the buggy mess of a launch 

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

got the game working last night after uninstallingm y gfx card drivers and geting old ones off the net, still runs like shit, which it shouldn't due to my system, (seems to be a nvidia card problem), but the bit I managed to play was fun,

be nice to give it a proper run when CA fix the buggy mess of a launch 

Most people have said it's the cleanest launch ow a TW game to date - it runs better on my PC than Attilla. My PC is about 3 years old now, running with Nvidia GTX-770 and intel i5

Having as blast, even played some online matches against people in 2v2 and 3v3 which was great fun.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

civ 2 was the best civ game,

the rest are good but civ 2 was the best, closely followed by alpha centri 

2 hours ago, screech said:

You can download it from this site, http://www.bestoldgames.net/eng/old-games/civilization-2.php

I run it through https://www.virtualbox.org/

Beware, you may lose whole evenings.

There was a scenario disc released for Civ 2 that took over days of my life. Even without that, it was a monstrous leap forward over the original. 

Not having Civ 2 being the best though - Civ 4 was utter perfection with the "Beyond the Sword" update, and some of the mods were unbelievable in what they achieved and delivered. For me I think that's why I never really got into 5, it seems smaller scale than the preceding games.

28 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

There was a scenario disc released for Civ 2 that took over days of my life. Even without that, it was a monstrous leap forward over the original. 

Not having Civ 2 being the best though - Civ 4 was utter perfection with the "Beyond the Sword" update, and some of the mods were unbelievable in what they achieved and delivered. For me I think that's why I never really got into 5, it seems smaller scale than the preceding games.

Funnily enough i never bought Civ 4, I had 2-3 and skipped to 5 which is a big leap from where I was so I never really took time to enjoy playing it. I'll have a gander at it now though, cheers.

38 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Most people have said it's the cleanest launch ow a TW game to date - it runs better on my PC than Attilla. My PC is about 3 years old now, running with Nvidia GTX-770 and intel i5

Having as blast, even played some online matches against people in 2v2 and 3v3 which was great fun.

It's been a mess I have an i7 64gig of ram and duel 980 ti's  in sli and it stutters with Huge fps drops even if I run it on the one card

Archived