IGNORED

Championship Clubs' Forums

Leveller

The thread above is locked, but can we suggest additions to it?

I'm not a regular reader but the all clubs forum at http://onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?forums/the-championship.9/ seems civilised and a worthwhile addition to the list of single club sites.

There is reasonable banter between fans of various clubs and I have seen a few names from OTIB.

I only discovered it by accident but there are quite a few City fans on it.

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Read it when I'm bored at work,the city fans on there can't wait to say how bad otib is,guess a lot of them are banned 

I post on there sometimes, most of the comments about otib are about how much every little thing gets overreacted about, which isn't unfair at all, because its bloody true

I do know that one of the city fans on there doesn't like one of the mods here and think he is banned though

48 minutes ago, City169 said:

I post on there sometimes, most of the comments about otib are about how much every little thing gets overreacted about, which isn't unfair at all, because its bloody true

I do know that one of the city fans on there doesn't like one of the mods here and think he is banned though

Don't be so bloody ridiculous, posters like you make me really angry.

Do you support the sags?

1 hour ago, City169 said:

Maybe but they don't have talk a lot of nonsense on there,makes otib look like question time

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Maybe but they don't have talk a lot of nonsense on there,makes otib look like question time

got to disagree here. while they have a laugh at times you don't get 20 pages of shit puns on every transfer rumour, the never funny avon gorge hotel joke, no mention of cod lots and there's plenty of sensible fans from other clubs. If anything it makes OTIB look like a bottom set school class at times

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That maybe true,but you don't have to read it if you don't like it.Maybe it's just me but I'm not interested if reading Huddersfield have signed Bob Jones from Kettering on that transfer forum

well a lot of the time you do have to read it whether you like it or not on here. that's why I'm glad we are trying a separate transfer forum this year, last year youd get 10 pages onto the transfer thread, but until you spent 20 minutes reading through, you don't know that the whole lot is going to be a load of chocolate bar puns.

7 hours ago, Leveller said:

The thread above is locked, but can we suggest additions to it?

I'm not a regular reader but the all clubs forum at http://onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?forums/the-championship.9/ seems civilised and a worthwhile addition to the list of single club sites.

There is reasonable banter between fans of various clubs and I have seen a few names from OTIB.

I only discovered it by accident but there are quite a few City fans on it.

I post on there as Luke_Ciderhead. It's alright, the city fans on there are sound even if one or two of them can be overly negative at times! There are a couple of complete morons from other clubs though.

7 hours ago, City169 said:

got to disagree here. while they have a laugh at times you don't get 20 pages of shit puns on every transfer rumour, the never funny avon gorge hotel joke, no mention of cod lots and there's plenty of sensible fans from other clubs. If anything it makes OTIB look like a bottom set school class at times

And I'm really glad that I've made it up to the bottom set at last.

OTIB is the best, fairest and well moderated forum out there.

If you can't handle a few posters who get on your nerves then maybe forums aren't your thing. I'll add public places to that too.

If OTIB wasn't available I think we'd soon realise how good it really is. 

10 hours ago, City169 said:

As if this isn't true on every club forum. To echo @CotswoldRed, from what I have seen of other forums, OTIB is one of the best out there. Personal abuse is not tolerated, it's not anywhere near as sweary as some other forums, and there are lots of great contributors.

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As if this isn't true on every club forum. To echo @CotswoldRed, from what I have seen of other forums, OTIB is one of the best out there. Personal abuse is not tolerated, it's not anywhere near as sweary as some other forums, and there are lots of great contributors.

Not denying that for one second. OTIB is light years ahead of many other clubs forums.

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

1FF posters like to slag off OTIB but no idea why.

Because a lot used to be on thefootballforum.net and somehow blame me for its closure when the simple fact was the owner, Craig, pulled the plug. It was a shame that TFF went after over 10 years but it had truthfully run its course and wasn't a patch on how it was 2004-2006 ish time. 

OTIB generally gets slagged off by many. It's an easy target being the biggest city forum by some distance.  Haters going to hate.

Screw the haters, we'll be celebrating our 20th season come August. Not many forums can say that.

On 21/05/2016 at 03:19, Kim_il_sung said:

I post on there as Luke_Ciderhead. It's alright, the city fans on there are sound even if one or two of them can be overly negative at times! There are a couple of complete morons from other clubs though.

That JJH is a realist.

22 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Because a lot used to be on thefootballforum.net and somehow blame me for its closure when the simple fact was the owner, Craig, pulled the plug. It was a shame that TFF went after over 10 years but it had truthfully run its course and wasn't a patch on how it was 2004-2006 ish time. 

OTIB generally gets slagged off by many. It's an easy target being the biggest city forum by some distance.  Haters going to hate.

Screw the haters, we'll be celebrating our 20th season come August. Not many forums can say that.

Many overreacted, but it was the sudden pull of the plug which annoyed people (as I'm sure people on here would be if it just suddenly disappeared). The vast majority understood the circumstances when it was announced the forum would close at the end of March or April.

As for Craig, well most people just assumed you owned the forum given Craig hadn't been around for years. Amazed he kept it going as long as he did!

On 20 mai 2016 at 00:05, City169 said:

Someone does n't get it .

16 hours ago, James_DCFC said:

Many overreacted, but it was the sudden pull of the plug which annoyed people (as I'm sure people on here would be if it just suddenly disappeared). The vast majority understood the circumstances when it was announced the forum would close at the end of March or April.

As for Craig, well most people just assumed you owned the forum given Craig hadn't been around for years. Amazed he kept it going as long as he did!

Craig always owned, always paid the bills, owned the domain (don't know if he has since sold it or let it expire to be honest) he just kept a low profile. The plan was to close it down with time for a solution as per the orginal annoucemnent but there was some really spiteful stuff (possibly not seen as it was binned) not least from one of the mods and Craig turned it off over the weekend and that was it, sadly.  Maybe we he should have sold the whole site when he had anoffer of $50k many years ago :blink:

Those behind 1FF bought the domain a few months later once it had expired.

I never saw what actually happened that day, as I was at Derby v Forest whilst it all kicked off (which we lost :sad26:). Had all been quite civilised and understanding before then, I thought.

2 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Of all the forums I've been on OTIB is easily among the best, has a good active community base, easy to use, easy to look at. 

Owlstalk, the Sheffield Wednesday one, is the best IMO. Most of the fans are a bit thick, but other than that...

This forum is one of the best out there by a mile. Well run, well moderated and well contributed to.

In fact, the current group of moderators and posters is up there with the best it's had and, after 20 years, that's not a shabby feat.

It's dead easy to beat up on it, be negative and be nasty, but that's just how I see it - and I reckon I can count on one hand the number of people who've been around on here longer than I have, so I should know...

Archived