IGNORED

Information for Euro 2016 - UPDATED 07/06 with info from foreign office

phantom

• Admin

Those that are regular followers of England away from home will already know about the FSF and their role in helping supporters.

Each away game (and home game) they produce a useful booklet that is like a holiday travel guide for all you need to know about the local area etc.

They have produced a concise guide for the Euro's not only including all the towns England are scheduled to play at, but also all the other towns the other teams are playing in as there are clearly lots of supporters heading over.

You can purchase a guide here for £2 http://fsf.org.uk/free-lions/free-lions-at-euro-2016/

Or you can download a PDF version for free here http://fsf.org.uk/assets/Downloads/Free-Lions/Free-Lions-2016-Euros-Guide-Book-Digital.pdf

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Funny how they decide to mention it now after we have spent hundreds of £££ on non refundable flights/trains etc 

Sounds like they are doing it for every game. Given the heightened security, can't say I'm surprised.

Probably a big enough challenge policing a terror threat without thousands of drunk football fans as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was mirrored for a load of other games and locations as well.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sounds like they are doing it for every game. Given the heightened security, can't say I'm surprised.

Probably a big enough challenge policing a terror threat without thousands of drunk football fans as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was mirrored for a load of other games and locations as well.

All they are doing is moving any potential problems to Lille. They should have used common sense and played this game in a city that could cope with the occasion, it's really not rocket science 

20 minutes ago, Rob k said:

All they are doing is moving any potential problems to Lille. They should have used common sense and played this game in a city that could cope with the occasion, it's really not rocket science 

In my experience, they're not too friendly to foreigners in Lille, which won't help

Strikes me as ridiculous and more than a little draconian to ban alcohol - the vast majority are able to moderate their alcohol intake to a sensible level and enjoy the occasion for what it is.

Part of the conditions of hosting the tournament should be to demonstrate that you have the appropriate plans in place to prevent and deal with the minority that don't know their limits.  

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I'm over there again in late July E's, gonna tow me caravan with a Petrol tanker this year!

€50 a litre if your interested ;)

**** me your'e brave late July?, you know pretty much the whole of France goes on holiday during August? and the country closes down (for me it's difficult to actually tell the difference) that's official holiday and not the usual state sponsored strikes that they enjoy the rest of the year.

Where you going?.

15 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

In my experience, they're not too friendly to foreigners in Lille, which won't help

Had a strange experience in Lille. Fifty Bristol City spent a night drinking there before an England game with no problems at all.

In the morning in the hotel the news was full of "Le Anglais mentalists" and the Gendarmerie using tear gas to quell England fans and locals ... In Lille.

In five hours of drinking around Lille squares we had seen nothing, heard nothing ... Dundry was more lively.

58 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Regarding Lens. There was an alcohol ban during the World Cup in 98 that did not apply to other venues. It did not prohibit taking cans, crates of beer into Lens.

They said on the radio that police would be searching people on the way in to Lens to ensure nobody brought any alcohol in.

13 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

**** me your'e brave late July?, you know pretty much the whole of France goes on holiday during August? and the country closes down (for me it's difficult to actually tell the difference) that's official holiday and not the usual state sponsored strikes that they enjoy the rest of the year.

Where you going?.

Same Time and place as last year, Royan, we met no more traffic than we do at rush hour in Bridgwater!!

I shall see if I can stop off and give my French comrades some support :yes:;)

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Same Time and place as last year, Royan, we met no more traffic than we do at rush hour in Bridgwater!!

I shall see if I can stop off and give my French comrades some support :yes:;)

Good luck with that, they are of course burning tyres and dumping asbestos again, classy.

Make sure your caravan battery is topped up, they have just started to blockade power stations.

The best bit is the wonderful Ms Hollande has caused all of this by pushing through a bill on workers rights, without debate or vote and it repeals laws that he brought in several years ago.

2 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

They said on the radio that police would be searching people on the way in to Lens to ensure nobody brought any alcohol in.

Its a case of what you believe and have experienced. 

If you cannot face watching England without alcohol, and you really want a drink you will get one.

If you have no ticket and really want one you will get one as well.

The French behave just the same for euros as the English do for pounds.

Archived