IGNORED

Information for Euro 2016 - UPDATED 07/06 with info from foreign office

phantom

Sadly already petrol stations that do have fuel are strictly forbidding use of jerry cans and will get worse if it continues.

The timing of these strikes of course are not random, they were planned to coincide with the euro's, just like the nice French air traffic controllers usually during the first week of summer.

PS:- I wouldn't call them jerry cans, you will have bar loads of French surrendering to you.

• Admin

Confirmed by Lens Council alcohol WILL BE ALLOWED to be drunk in bars and restaurants and will be served in plastic glasses. 

Alcohol won't be served in the ground (as per any FULL international) or in the official fanzone. 

In addition the fanzone will be extended from 7500 to 10,000 for this game 

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sadly already petrol stations that do have fuel are strictly forbidding use of jerry cans and will get worse if it continues.

The timing of these strikes of course are not random, they were planned to coincide with the euro's, just like the nice French air traffic controllers usually during the first week of summer.

PS:- I wouldn't call them jerry cans, you will have bar loads of French surrendering to you.

I'm guessing you have a fair bit of knowledge of what's going on at the moment. Realistically am I going to find places to fill up on the motorways? I'm going down to Marseille for the Russia game. Flights and trains are too expensive now, had to wait for the FA to confirm a ticket could be swapped!

57 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I'm guessing you have a fair bit of knowledge of what's going on at the moment. Realistically am I going to find places to fill up on the motorways? I'm going down to Marseille for the Russia game. Flights and trains are too expensive now, had to wait for the FA to confirm a ticket could be swapped!

Well let's put it this way tonight the French news is saying that there seems to be no let up of the blockading of fuel depots and workers at power stations may start striking from the early hours tonight.

They are lazy useless bunch of wasters, governed by a tit who would make Gordon Brown look good, there is a strike somewhere in France everyday and that has been the case for nigh on 20 years.

12 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well let's put it this way tonight the French news is saying that there seems to be no let up of the blockading of fuel depots and workers at power stations may start striking from the early hours tonight.

They are lazy useless bunch of wasters, governed by a tit who would make Gordon Brown look good, there is a strike somewhere in France everyday and that has been the case for nigh on 20 years.

Haha I'm still confused sorry - at first you seem to suggest this is a really big issue right now, but then say its been like this for 20 years? Or do you mean general strikes about anything and not fuel specifically?

I could be being naive but surely it will be possible to get fuel somewhere on a major route, thousands of people must travel the motorways every day? 

47 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Haha I'm still confused sorry - at first you seem to suggest this is a really big issue right now, but then say its been like this for 20 years? Or do you mean general strikes about anything and not fuel specifically?

I could be being naive but surely it will be possible to get fuel somewhere on a major route, thousands of people must travel the motorways every day? 

Strikes in general are a daily occurrence in France and have been for 20 years.

Blockading fuel terminals is fairly new and reserved for when French unions believe that some of their best toys have been taken away from them, power workers possibly walking out is a very new development.

Hey i'm just passing on what is happening, a majority of French fuel stations have run out and are closed, some are getting small deliveries and those deliveries are being rationed to customers at either 20 to 30 litres maximum per customer and no jerry cans being allowed to be filled. A friend of mine who runs a business nearby told me yesterday that his town which is a big holiday destination between 2 cities is like a ghost town, he sat in his office for 3 hours yesterday and saw 1 vehicle cross over the bridge which is the main drag through the town, a bridge that normally would have either queues or at worst a steady flow of vehicles 7 days per week, he went home and got pissed instead.

The highlighted sentence is correct with the caveat of normally, at the moment it is not the case which is obviously the whole intention of the union action to paralyse the country.

The better news is that as we know France doesn't really have much of a stomach for a big fight and that is totally the case for the politician surrender monkey's who are currently running the country into the ground and the French prime minister earlier today hinted that as usual the government may give concessions to the unions, although Ms Hollande hinted earlier this week no surrender and is threatening sending the troops in, yeah right.

Edit:- it's already bad and due to get worse from today.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160526/french-fuel-crisis-4600-petrol-stations-run-dry

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Confirmed by Lens Council alcohol WILL BE ALLOWED to be drunk in bars and restaurants and will be served in plastic glasses. 

Alcohol won't be served in the ground (as per any FULL international) or in the official fanzone. 

In addition the fanzone will be extended from 7500 to 10,000 for this game 

Alcohol will be served in the fanzone.

57 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Blockading fuel terminals is fairly new and reserved for when French unions believe that some of their best toys have been taken away from them, power workers possibly walking out is a very new development.

Hey i'm just passing on what is happening, a majority of French fuel stations have run out and are closed, some are getting small deliveries and those deliveries are being rationed to customers at either 20 to 30 litres maximum per customer and no jerry cans being allowed to be filled. A friend of mine who runs a business nearby told me yesterday that his town which is a big holiday destination between 2 cities is like a ghost town, he sat in his office for 3 hours yesterday and saw 1 vehicle cross over the bridge which is the main drag through the town, a bridge that normally would have either queues or at worst a steady flow of vehicles 7 days per week, he went home and got pissed instead.

The highlighted sentence is correct with the caveat of normally, at the moment it is not the case which is obviously the whole intention of the union action to paralyse the country.

The better news is that as we know France doesn't really have much of a stomach for a big fight and that is totally the case for the politician surrender monkey's who are currently running the country into the ground and the French prime minister earlier today hinted that as usual the government may give concessions to the unions, although Ms Hollande hinted earlier this week no surrender and is threatening sending the troops in, yeah right.

Certainly appreciate the information mate. On the plus side hopefully the roads will be quieter! 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Interesting because the guys in charge of it all were on Sky sports news last night saying they had all been misquoted

Yeah, the story on the Sky Sports website said they'd been misquoted, and confirmed that alcohol would be available in bars and the fanzone.

• Admin
35 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Yeah, the story on the Sky Sports website said they'd been misquoted, and confirmed that alcohol would be available in bars and the fanzone.

Just seen it's changed again - by the time the game comes around, it'll be a free for all with pint glasses lol

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Certainly appreciate the information mate. On the plus side hopefully the roads will be quieter! 

A bit of first hand info, according to the last link I posted Brittany where I live and supermarket chain Intermarche are ahead of the game as far as deliveries are concerned, so myself and Mrs Bung ventured out for the first time in 5 days to our local Intermarche and was allowed 17.50euro's worth of fuel, a bit of queue but not too big, the the town is the arse end of nowhere.

What was noticeable that there is certainly profiteering going on a rise of over 10cents a litre on diesel since Saturday.

But the good news is another supermarket chain the other week carried an offer on Kronenburg not normally my drink of choice, buy 2 cases of 26 bottles and get another case free and I bought a shedload, so I may well at sometime run out of fuel and be reliant on 4 candles but I will always have something to drink, every cloudy piss has a silver wots it eh.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I wouldn't bet against it.

That would have maximum impact I should think. UEFA aren`t going to be too bothered about a few Croatian fans not getting to a game because the trains are on strike - after all, they`ve already paid for their tickets - but if the TV coverage was blacked out watch the sparks fly. The only saving grace is that the French trade unionists probably want to watch the football as well!

On 26/05/2016 at 11:30, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Es, can you answer me a question please?

What's the law in France with regards to passengers drinking in a car? And on that note, bringing our own drinks into the country - is that allowed / any limits?

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Es, can you answer me a question please?

What's the law in France with regards to passengers drinking in a car? And on that note, bringing our own drinks into the country - is that allowed / any limits?

Well Marcus I understand that having an open container of alcohol in a car is in fact illegal, I seem to remember something about alcohol having to be kept in the boot, here is link that might help you with some driving laws here in France, please remember the blood alcohol reading is lower in France so one drink might be more than enough to take you over the limit.

The old Bill over here harassing motorists was non existent when I first moved here, now they have realised that it can be a cash cow and they are as full on as the UK old Bill and fines are all on the spot.

But I suspect that bringing booze with you within EU limits is fine, as long as we are still in the EU I suppose.

http://www.drive-france.com/blog/drink-driving-laws-changed-france/

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well Marcus I understand that having an open container of alcohol in a car is in fact illegal, I seem to remember something about alcohol having to be kept in the boot, here is link that might help you with some driving laws here in France, please remember the blood alcohol reading is lower in France so one drink might be more than enough to take you over the limit.

The old Bill over here harassing motorists was non existent when I first moved here, now they have realised that it can be a cash cow and they are as full on as the UK old Bill and fines are all on the spot.

But I suspect that bringing booze with you within EU limits is fine, as long as we are still in the EU I suppose.

http://www.drive-france.com/blog/drink-driving-laws-changed-france/

Thanks for the advice, I found conflicting statements regarding open drinks. All the drinks were taking will be in the boot and of course, I wont dare even touch a drop until I get there. I dont think its wise to be driving in a foreign country under any influence regardless of legality!

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Thanks for the advice, I found conflicting statements regarding open drinks. All the drinks were taking will be in the boot and of course, I wont dare even touch a drop until I get there. I dont think its wise to be driving in a foreign country under any influence regardless of legality!

What route are you taking?.

• Admin

Below is the latest from the foreign office 

France plays host to the Euro 2016 football tournament from 10 June to 10 July 2016. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has put together some top travel and safety tips to help fans travelling to France for Euro 2016. See ‘Be on the ball’

There is a high threat from terrorism. Due to ongoing threats to France by Islamist terrorist groups, and recent French military intervention against Daesh (formerly referred to as ISIL), the French government has warned the public to be especially vigilant and has reinforced its security measures.

During Euro 2016, stadiums, fan zones, venues broadcasting the tournament and transport hubs and links represent potential targets for terrorist attacks. You should be vigilant at all times, especially in areas hosting Euro 2016 events, and follow the advice of local French authorities.

national state of emergency will remain in place until 26 July, in order to cover the tournament period and other significant events like the Tour de France cycling race. Check the French government’s advice about what to do if a terrorist attack occurs. See Terrorism

Flooding is affecting road and rail travel, particularly in the Île-de-France area including Paris. The A10 motorway has been closed to all traffic in certain areas. For information on current motorway closures and suggested alternative routes, visit the Vinci Autoroutes website

Some areas have been, or will be temporarily evacuated. If you’re in an affected area, follow the instructions of the local authorities. For up-to-date information on the rivers that may flood, visit the Vigicrues website

Transport strikes across France have affected rail and air travel across France and Paris metro and bus services. These strikes are ongoing. Check with your travel provider or airline for the latest updates. You can find real time information on rail traffic on the SNCF website and on Paris metro and bus systems on the RATP website.

While there continue to be large numbers of illegal migrants in and around Calais, who may seek to enter the UK illegally, the security situation has improved significantly since the summer of 2015. Although the risk of incidents has decreased, you should keep vehicle doors locked in slow moving traffic in and around Calais, and secure your vehicle when it’s left unattended.

There’s occasional disruption to cross channel services due to strike action and migrant activity in and around Calais. Check the website of your chosen operator before you set off. In the event of any disruption, information about alternative routes and operators is available via thisinteractive map.

Around 17 million British nationals visit France every year. Most visits are trouble-free. The most common problem reported is pick-pocketing. See Safety and security

The Emergency phone number in France is 112.

You should apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before you travel. If you already have an EHIC, make sure it hasn’t expired. Some medical costs aren’t covered by the EHIC so you should also take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel. See Health

The Overseas Business Risk service offers information and advice for British companies operating overseas on how to manage political, economic, and business security-related risk 

Archived