IGNORED

Bobby Reid (Merged)

Super

15 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

and probably most sensible fans on here.

I agree, although unfortunately there will always an element of our fanbase that will see anything than an excellent performance week in week out as an opportunity to brand him a failure. I don't know why this happens, but we see it time and again, particularly with those local boys that come through.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I agree, although unfortunately there will always an element of our fanbase that will see anything than an excellent performance week in week out as an opportunity to brand him a failure. I don't know why this happens, but we see it time and again, particularly with those local boys that come through.

I get confused by this forum, I'm never sure if our local academy products are the next Messi or a downs league player at best, it goes from one to the other so often.

Edit-fwiw I'm happy Reid has signed a new contract, he made an impact once he got regular games, but I still think he needs to push on a little more next season.

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Agreed also! Maybe it's because unless they cost several grillion- they can't be that good until we possibly sell in which case we're a club without ambition! In all seriousness , we don't get that many home grown players and it's so great when we do.

What price is that extra 10% effort worth when they are truly playing for the shirt?

Bobby Reid is Mr Bristol City, longest-serving player here and he's only 23!

Here's hoping he has a storming season in the Championship and maintains his spot as a first-team regular.

Wonder how many goals he might score this season, I'd expect him to be aiming for at least 8-10 strikes.

42 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Bobby Reid is Mr Bristol City, longest-serving player here and he's only 23!

Here's hoping he has a storming season in the Championship and maintains his spot as a first-team regular.

Wonder how many goals he might score this season, I'd expect him to be aiming for at least 8-10 strikes.

I can't help but read your post and say the last line in my head in an American accent!

For my 3rd season running, I see this being a make or break season for Bobby...but in a slightly different way, and a positive one at that.

I think he proved in the latter half of the season that he has the ability to play at this level.  For me, it's can he now push on and be a big part of the team as opposed to a bit part.  

I hope so.

For those who said "get shot of him" at varying stages of the last 2 seasons, each to their own, but this is also a business, and Reid has value, which has grown by the club not casting aside a player  who is perhaps a slightly late-bloomer.

36 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If we do sign Tomlin, Bobby will learn so much from him which could be the making of him.

And Gary O`Neil for the defensive part which he does need from time to time. I think it was Bobby that was nowhere near Greg Cunningham when he got Preston`s winner last season (could be wrong though).

8 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Got this gut feeling that he's going to have a belter of a season coming up. Hopefully not my super enthusiasm 

As said above, he`ll have one and hopefully two wise old heads around him so every chance. The only thing is, if we do sign LT, will BR start that often? If we assume that Korey and JB are definites I  suppose it will depend on what LJ thinks of Luke Freeman and Josh Brownhill starting ahead of him.

Archived