IGNORED

So, how many points after the first 5 games?

Alwaystomorrow

The first 5 games are crucial and sets the tone. What's the best guess of points total in those crucial games. I fear the worst. 1 point after 5 games. (Burton ).

Hope to God I am wrong but.........

yesterdays performance did not fill me with hope. I know, a friendly and all that.....but it's difficult just to turn the tap on when the season starts and G On's  knee injury is disappointing. He is our best signing of the close season IMO.

hope we are not playing catch up. Would settle for 5 points from those games.

I'm not so pessimistic. We have a tendancy of doing okay against really tough games 'on paper'. Last time Newcastle were down weren't we the only team they didn't beat on one occassion? West Ham when they were down we held them too I believe  

I think we'll beat both Wigan and Burton, Norwich I think we'll lose, Newcastle lose but I think we've a chance of a draw and Villa I think we'll be good for a point, possibly win if they don't start great. 

I'm thinking we'll range between 7 and 10. 

26 minutes ago, cynic said:

May be a bit on the negative side, but I can't see us beating any other team than Villa in the opening five games.

And I can see us struggling to score goals if we are playing one up front - which is almost a certainty.

0-0 Wigan          Banker scoreless draw

0-1 Burton         They will be up for their first ever game at home in the Championship

0-2 Norwich       No chance

0-3 Newcastle   Even less chance

2-1 Villa             There for the taking

Four points from the first five games - the fixture list has given us no favours at all.

One point (and no goals) against Wigan and Burton would be very poor. 

43 minutes ago, cynic said:

May be a bit on the negative side, but I can't see us beating any other team than Villa in the opening five games.

And I can see us struggling to score goals if we are playing one up front - which is almost a certainty.

0-1 Burton         They will be up for their first ever game at home in the Championship

Four points from the first five games - the fixture list has given us no favours at all.

Struggling to score with 1 up top? Yet we played against Bolton, Sheff W and Huddersfield with 1 up top in all 3 and scored a total of 14 goals at the end of last season. Dont think scoring will be a problem

12 hours ago, cynic said:

DWLLD - 5 points. 

I'm going for a very optimistic 10 points. 

Think we'll grind out a nervy win against Wigan. 1-0 or 2-1. Win 1 or 2-0 v Burton. Lose 2-0 to Norwich. Draw with Newcastle and then beat Villa. Think Villa will be the easiest of all five matches. 

And best time to play the relegated sides. 

Just need to score first. Lesson from last season. 

Archived