IGNORED

So, how many points after the first 5 games?

Alwaystomorrow

Wins against Wigan and burton would give us a good start and should be more than achievable. Think we also have the ability to get a point from the other three but losses more favourable with the bookies. 8 points from 15 would represent a very good start to tough month and season

5 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I was thinking we'd get four points.  I know people are excited for the new season . Some think city just have to turn up !! 

Very worried about the first game. Can see us getting turned over.

Then again I have never been confident since the 70s!! even then, F... I'm a glass half empty bloke.

Sounds like little Lee is following his dads formula of assessing games in batches. Gary used to work on getting a minimum of 17 points from batches of 10 games when aiming to be in contention for the playoffs. Going by that, i think he'll be happy with 8 points from our first 5. Anything less and we will be playing catch up early doors. We'll see.

I think we will get 7 points

Wigan - more difficult game than many are suggesting... I think we might win by the odd goal. 

Burton - I think we will have too much for Burton and if on form on the day can win by a couple. 

Norwich - very difficult game against a team coming down from the premier league. Unfortunately cannot see any other result than a defeat.

Newcastle - another tough test against the team with the biggest budget, arguably the largest fan base and best manager in the division. Defeat. 

Villa - I think this game is there for the taking dependent upon the performance on the day. Villa have not recruited as well as I would have expected them to and in contrast I think we have recruited extremely well. All things considered I think it may end in a draw. 

13 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It's really surprising to me how so many people are writing off Villa this year. 

Of the 3 relegated, they were the only side that was an absolute shambles for the whole season, no fight in them at all and they haven't done much in the way of changing their squad. 

34 minutes ago, City169 said:

Of the 3 relegated, they were the only side that was an absolute shambles for the whole season, no fight in them at all and they haven't done much in the way of changing their squad. 

Agreed, but they have a decent manager at the helm and a squad that on its day should be very adept at this level.

Difficult to predict. We could realistically  get 3 or 4 points from the opening two games. Equally I wouldn't be surprised if they were draws. Anything at Norwich would be a bonus. Out of the Newcastle and Villa games I'd say we're more likely to get something out of the latter based on what a shambles they were last season. Tough start. 5 points would suit me but I'm always pessimistic. 

We got four points from the first five games last season (which included the two teams that finished top and second, plus the play off final losers. Like this August, a tough start) so we want to be doing better than that. We conceded 10 goals in those five games, so we want to be doing better than that, too.

5 points.

Meaning, one win and two draws, not 5 draws. 

Archived