IGNORED

Thunderclap before free kicks

Thatwasclose

3 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I swore over the summer that I wouldn't join in if we tried to do it....  several ciders on Saturday and I was clapping along (out of time) with the rest of the stadium. 

Alcohol makes many a decisions, most of them bad, but hell, it fooled the keeper, we got another goal, dont complain mate!

9 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Nah its good why moan about something that's a bit of a niche thing to be able to do and unique since we have a outfield Icelandic player which only a few Champ clubs have

That's like saying we should all raise our right arm at 45 degrees if we have a Neo-Nazi in the squad.

imo.

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

That's like saying we should all raise our right arm at 45 degrees if we have a Neo-Nazi in the squad.

imo.

Then you your thought process are seriously flawed... just the kind of flaw that would have you succumb to dark influences causing you to perform Neo-Nazi salutes.....   imo

57 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The point is, Magners likes it so why not do it? If it also helps to confuse an opposition keeper then that`s a bonus.

If doing it helps us get a goal then frankly I don`t care how `cringy` some people think it is - I`d sing a selection of Barry Manilow hits if I thought it would help us win games.

Please, there are limits to which no self respecting person should not go.

I thought it was quite funny in an amusing sort of way, but we seemed to put him off during his free kick. Then minutes later we did it again, he and us caused confusion and it worked! I think it was nice for the crowd to acknowledge him though, where's the harm in that 

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

It certainly winds up Tomlin.....which is a good thing as he reacts positively by putting it in the net.

I've said on another thread that Tomlin should have all free kicks in and around the area with Magnusson having a go from 30/35 yards, but nothing wrong with both lining up to confuse the opposition.

Absolutely, it`s the right/left options that confuses the defence and keeper.

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

It certainly winds up Tomlin.....which is a good thing as he reacts positively by putting it in the net.

I've said on another thread that Tomlin should have all free kicks in and around the area with Magnusson having a go from 30/35 yards, but nothing wrong with both lining up to confuse the opposition.

I'd agree, but also when its a shooting position I think its worth having Magnusson standing over the ball as well.

No doubt teams will know both players are capable from freekicks and having a left footer and a right footer will leave the goalkeeper having to choose which one to position himself for. Imo that's what caught Gollini out.

Feel for Tomlin a little as he was going to be our big signing and play-maker and hero .... our signings though have left him in small pack of talented players all who seem capable of grabbing the limelight. With the right attitude, and with his skills I think he could really shine in this team, but if he gets pertinent or wound up in not having all the praise, he might find it a tough season....

50 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Feel for Tomlin a little as he was going to be our big signing and play-maker and hero .... our signings though have left him in small pack of talented players all who seem capable of grabbing the limelight. With the right attitude, and with his skills I think he could really shine in this team, but if he gets pertinent or wound up in not having all the praise, he might find it a tough season....

But what was his alternative? He wouldn't have been 'Star Man' in many teams who could afford him ( or he would have considered). He looks like he had to leave Bournemouth and unlikely to get another Prem team where he would be the token star.

I do think though he seems to need to feel the love of the fans, so was glad for him when he did score as he looked really miffed when Tammy got 'his' goal just before.

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

But what was his alternative? He wouldn't have been 'Star Man' in many teams who could afford him ( or he would have considered). He looks like he had to leave Bournemouth and unlikely to get another Prem team where he would be the token star.

I do think though he seems to need to feel the love of the fans, so was glad for him when he did score as he looked really miffed when Tammy got 'his' goal just before.

Well with arguably the three toughest games out the way, I think there will be enough joy and good times for all the players to feed on... have a really good feeling this season, something that feels very alien to be to be honest in most of the years supporting our club.

Archived