IGNORED

Which player do you miss the most ?

Major Isewater

3 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

I'll literally be the only person to say this, but...

Ivan Sproule :blush:

"Run Forrest"!! :) 

JET for those moments when you thought "surely the game can't be as easy as he just made it look" . 

Matt Hill, not necessarily for the footballing side, although I would love to see a high jump competition between him and Joe Bryan, but because he loved playing and showed it. I love to see players play with a smile of his face, like LJ said about Tammy, "he wants to play football more than he wants to be a footballer".

6 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm happy with our options in midfield and defence (bar right-back but it's been a long time since there's been a right back at City).  I think Adomah or, much as he tarnished his reputation in the manner he left, 2009-2010 Maynard would be useful to have around but the player I reckon the team is most crying out for is 2007-2008 season Basso.  ROD and FF are decent 'keepers but I'm skeptical as to whether either can dominate the position the way the likes of Welch and Basso did.  I've high hopes for Lucic after last night but it might be a bit soon for him. 

Basso was massively overrated for me, made worse mistakes than  FF has in his time here with City 

Wayne Allison was my first ever favourite City player. Wouldn't speak to Roger Malone or Mark Lawrenson on HTV because of how sarcastic they'd been about him. Drove a Ford Cortina. Sounded like a Hovis ad. Scored 20 goals in a season AFTER being written off and while playing alongside Liam Robinson who was basically a pub player. Would have him back in a flash just to teach the world about HUMILITY.

14 hours ago, chinapig said:

I will forever hold a candle for Trevor Tainton, the most criminally unheralded player of the Alan Dicks era.

Very true China. He was Mr Reliable in the team 

7 hours ago, Olé said:

Wayne Allison was my first ever favourite City player. Wouldn't speak to Roger Malone or Mark Lawrenson on HTV because of how sarcastic they'd been about him. Drove a Ford Cortina. Sounded like a Hovis ad. Scored 20 goals in a season AFTER being written off and while playing alongside Liam Robinson who was basically a pub player. Would have him back in a flash just to teach the world about HUMILITY.

I loved the Chief.

It took 33 posts for Sir Gerry to get a mention.

I know there are many people on OTIB that have only read how good he was. He really was that good. Reliable, could read the game and knew how to tackle.

Then in the 80's we had Sir Alan and  Sir Bob. 

It begs the question who should be knighted from the 90s and naughties?

Adriano Basso can't be knighted as he isn't a British subject (or whatever the legal term is etc).

However,  Dame Beryl Fudge  would be a fitting gesture by Her Majesty's Government.

Archived